Happy Draft Day!!!

H2o

1 minute ago, No_Matter_What said:

This seems like a good place to ask - is there a fellow TBDer who has his own draft board on some kind of spread sheet and is willing to share it (here or via PM)? There were some last year and for me it was very effective tool how to see who is left on the board.

As for the draft itself, the only outcome I will not be happy with is if we reach for CB with 2nd round grade. Anything else is fine. Trade up, trade down, RB at 30, any project DE, speedy WR, any OL, any athletic freak on other positions.

We will be picking around 6 am CET so I need to stay up whole night, so make it worthwhile Mr. Beane!

I usually do one...haven't gotten around to it this time around. Life sucks 😅

20 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

This seems like a good place to ask - is there a fellow TBDer who has his own draft board on some kind of spread sheet and is willing to share it (here or via PM)? There were some last year and for me it was very effective tool how to see who is left on the board.

As for the draft itself, the only outcome I will not be happy with is if we reach for CB with 2nd round grade. Anything else is fine. Trade up, trade down, RB at 30, any project DE, speedy WR, any OL, any athletic freak on other positions.

We will be picking around 6 am CET so I need to stay up whole night, so make it worthwhile Mr. Beane!

Above is a link to a thread by @Dont Stop Billeiving. I believe @DCOrange may put one together as well, but I'm not certain. @GunnerBill is good for in depth analysis, as is @MAJBobby. I just watch a lot of college football, as well as YouTube highlights/recaps, and share my own personal thoughts about players in corresponding threads. The gentlemen I listed above are all more detailed and organized than myself with everything pertaining to the draft. 

Edited by H2o
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

49 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Two things I want from tonight. The Jets "F" up the #2 pick and Wilson (most likely) busts. The Bills get a good player that helps them get a Lombardi.

Let’s hope all the other AFC East teams crap the bed with their picks.

Hoodie isn’t the draft guru some make him out to be.

Miami, please please please stick with Tua!!!!!

Jet’s...... please continue to do “ Your Thing”😜

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, H2o said:

Above is a link to a thread by @Dont Stop Billeiving. I believe @DCOrange may put one together as well, but I'm not certain. @GunnerBill is good for in depth analysis, as is @MAJBobby. I just watch a lot of college football, as well as YouTube highlights/recaps, and share my own personal thoughts about players in corresponding threads. The gentlemen I listed above are all more detailed and organized than myself with everything pertaining to the draft. 

Thanks, I am aware of @Dont Stop Billeiving work and it is amazing for gathering info about prospects. I just meant some more simple spreadsheet with just list of players where can I easily mark who is taken and see who is not. I guess I will not be lazy and do my own afterall 😀

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, H2o said:

I don't really do an organized draft board outside of the QBs that I do every year. Always have opinions on a decent number of prospects though :)

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

I don't really do an organized draft board outside of the QBs that I do every year. Always have opinions on a decent number of prospects though :)

Maybe it was @BuffaloHokie13 then? I remember someone used to put together an excel file every year that had the different prospects graded, shaded with different colors, and all that. Do you remember who that was by chance?

49 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

Thanks, I am aware of @Dont Stop Billeiving work and it is amazing for gathering info about prospects. I just meant some more simple spreadsheet with just list of players where can I easily mark who is taken and see who is not. I guess I will not be lazy and do my own afterall 😀

Thanks for the shout out man (and @H2o), appreciate it! Just a suggestion to save you some work...you can use my spreadsheet by either highlighting the name of each prospect drafted with a color and then filtering that color out to see who is left OR there's a column off to the right where you can input the team and overall pick where the player was drafted and you can filter it that way by only selecting the blanks (I use this to easily see how teams did post-draft).

That's what I plan to do anyways and it helps to see who is remaining at each individual position and sort by RAS if needed. Anyways, good luck to us all and Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 1

Tentatively rooting for a trade down. Obviously if someone falls thats a good fit we should stay put.

Only one thing will make me upset tonight and that's a trade up for a RB. If we take one at 30 that's fine, but please Beane, do not give up multiple picks for a RB. 

• Like (+1) 1

Man, I really Hope we trade Edmunds today.  Okay not really, but it comes up in just about every post so I figured what the heck.

I love draft day & have for a long time regardless of where the Bills pick because I absolutely love football.  It's pretty cool to see the reactions of the draftees, the fans and the talking heads and consequently I find some of the most annoying sports people to be those that go out of their way to say "DERRRR I don't care about the stupid draft!!!!".

On a different note...what network are all of you going to be watching for draft coverage?  I'm a little town because I actually sort of like Mel Kiper but really can't handle Chris Berman (not even sure if he's going to be part of it) so I think I will opt for the NFL network.  Can't go wrong with Rich Eisen, even though he's a Jets fan 😉

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, OrtonHearsaWho said:

Man, I really Hope we trade Edmunds today.  Okay not really, but it comes up in just about every post so I figured what the heck.

I love draft day & have for a long time regardless of where the Bills pick because I absolutely love football.  It's pretty cool to see the reactions of the draftees, the fans and the talking heads and consequently I find some of the most annoying sports people to be those that go out of their way to say "DERRRR I don't care about the stupid draft!!!!".

On a different note...what network are all of you going to be watching for draft coverage?  I'm a little town because I actually sort of like Mel Kiper but really can't handle Chris Berman (not even sure if he's going to be part of it) so I think I will opt for the NFL network.  Can't go wrong with Rich Eisen, even though he's a Jets fan 😉

I usually flip back and forth between ESPN and NFL Network throughout the evening.