Diggs played with torn oblique in playoffs?

3 hours ago, BruceVilanch said:

What is a Finstagram? not joking. 

It’s a second, “fake” Instagram account. Popular with the HS/College crowd, it’s made available only to a select group of friends and that’s where the juicy content goes down. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

You're forgetting Hodgins.  He started out in camp strong until he was injured.  I don’t think they are drafting a WR this weekend.  Everyone you just mentioned + Hodgins.  They might get a WR as an UDFA for the PS squad.

1 hour ago, machine gun kelly said:

GB,  I don’t know, maybe but the reasoning to me if they did is Sanders is 34 and Beasley is I believe 32.  

Hodgins to me is the wildcard.  If he has a strong camp again, I could see them going with 7 WRs.

I thought this was a known injury that Diggs played with in the later part of the season, with him and the rest of our WRs all playing injured is why the short comings in our run game were so pronounced, and prompted Beans comments in the season ending PC, about the run game schemes/blocking etc, this is why I am confident that with our preferred O line guys all healthy at the same time finally, (which didn’t happen last season) and our RBs more keyed in on technique and execution our offense should be firing on all cylinders, especially with our wideouts being healed up as well, it’s going to be an excellent season. 

7 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

I thought this was a known injury that Diggs played with in the later part of the season, with him and the rest of our WRs all playing injured is why the short comings in our run game were so pronounced, and prompted Beans comments in the season ending PC, about the run game schemes/blocking etc, this is why I am confident that with our preferred O line guys all healthy at the same time finally, (which didn’t happen last season) and our RBs more keyed in on technique and execution our offense should be firing on all cylinders, especially with our wideouts being healed up as well, it’s going to be an excellent season. 

The oblique was a known injury but not the extent. It was not reported what exactly was the issue with the oblique and downplayed by Diggs throughout the playoffs 

27 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

The oblique was a known injury but not the extent. It was not reported what exactly was the issue with the oblique and downplayed by Diggs throughout the playoffs 

I hear ya, Diggs is a hard guy, that likely hurt every time he cut, leaped, and reached for the ball. We have a strong receiver Corp to say the least, and if Hodgins rises we will be doing even better.

As I think of it, it may be why Diggs did a lot of sliding to avoid direct hits, during the season, might have been going on longer than we knew...

Edited by Don Otreply

7 hours ago, 17islongenough said:

Wasn't McKenzie hurt too?

Why does he have two instagrams?

Hopefully one's not the regular account and the other a secret masseuse trafficking one. 

• Haha (+1) 1

I fully appreciate that war metaphors are somewhat frowned upon when talking about a sport but that said, these guys truly are “warriors” and fans should really think twice before spewing their uneducated, knee-jerk criticisms of professional athletes. What they go through, and push themselves through, is remarkable. 

25 minutes ago, eball said:

I fully appreciate that war metaphors are somewhat frowned upon when talking about a sport but that said, these guys truly are “warriors” and fans should really think twice before spewing their uneducated, knee-jerk criticisms of professional athletes. What they go through, and push themselves through, is remarkable

Imagine going through and putting yourself though all that for no money at all..

• Awesome! (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Imagine going through and putting yourself though all that for no money at all..

Oh there’s no question they are well paid...that doesn’t have anything to do with the physical toll taken on their bodies (with the known long-term implications).

10 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

We knew he had an oblique injury but didn’t know the extent. So we had a torn oblique, a broken fibula (Beasely), Gabe Davis ankle and Smoke’s myriad of ankle/foot/knee. 

It is what it is. 

This could explain why struggled to get off the line versus physical CB’s against Baltimore and KC.  Man the entire WR room was banged up outside of McKenzie

1 hour ago, eball said:

Oh there’s no question they are well paid...that doesn’t have anything to do with the physical toll taken on their bodies (with the known long-term implications).

It's a trade-off (potential injuries for millions in compensation) that few ever get to make.  Most others who labor as hard (or far harder) are the worst paid.

Players aren't warriors in any real sense of the word.  They are well paid entertainers playing a game that may injure them.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

11 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

We knew he had an oblique injury but didn’t know the extent. So we had a torn oblique, a broken fibula (Beasely), Gabe Davis ankle and Smoke’s myriad of ankle/foot/knee. 

It is what it is. 

This short passing, Patriots-style offense is HARD on WR's.  

You could put a pretty scary highlight reel together of all the hard tackles Diggs and Beasley took last season.........that's going to take it's toll.

I'd like to see them get more vertical and preserve some of the talent better long term.     That may come down to Josh being able to use the most powerful throwing arm in the league to stretch the field vertically more.

3 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

It's a trade-off (potential injuries for millions in compensation) that few ever get to make.  Most others who labor as hard (or far harder) are the worst paid.

Players aren't warriors in any real sense of the word.  They are well paid entertainers playing a game that may injure them.

You've completely missed the point.  Just because someone is being paid millions doesn't mean they should be criticized because they didn't perform as well while injured.