Prospect X (Si.com)

This is a fun read that SI has done the past few years. As a lover of mysteries, I like to try and follow the bread crumbs to see if I can deduce the identity of X. The first year I did, and I'm pretty confident I have this years figured out, but I won't spoil it.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2021/04/28/prospect-x-mystery-of-nfl-draft-deepest-sleeper

Added cool thing - Bills were one of the teams that scouted him:

After the season resumed following the COVID-19 outbreak, the director of football operations says seven teams sent scouts to the school’s next two games: the Packers, Bills, Raiders, Panthers, Dolphins, Seahawks and Buccaneers.

Edited by whatdrought
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, whatdrought said:

A guard named Drew Forbes who went in the 6th to the Browns. 

Doesn't appear that he, or last year's Player X (Matt Cole, who went to the Dols) are anything to write home about.

3 minutes ago, Doc said:

Doesn't appear that he, or last year's Player X (Matt Cole, who went to the Dols) are anything to write home about.

Nah, that’s kind of the point. I think the articles are about showing what the other side of the draft process is like for the guys outside the media coverage. In a way it’s something we’re all familiar with- a job hunt/interview, but at the same time its completely different. 

• Like (+1) 1