RUMOR: Patriots working on a contract for Jimmy G. for a deal with 49ers

CNY315

22 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

UGA is a “lesser” program? I don’t get that at all... they may not make the playoff consistently but only 4 do and they have Bama in their division!! They recruit at the highest level year in and year out, yes Kirby is a dweeb

Wilson and lance may he playing with 2 and 3 stars vs 4 and 5 stars but they are also performing against the same level  competition.

Well in any case, it will be interesting to see where Fields/the QBs after Lawrence and Wilson go.  And how they do. 

7 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

The most likely scenario is that trading for jimmy g is one option on the table for the pats and they are getting contract details in place in case that lever is indeed pulled, which is dependent upon a hefty number of moving parts. 

Yup. Often these guys get ripped for getting it wrong when they report on discussions happening but a whole lot has to come together for discussions to actually become deals 

IMO, San Francisco's decision to draft Trey Lance rather than Matt Jones makes it less likely that San Francisco is willing to part with Garapolo this year.  Trey Lance has played 13 games of college football at a lower level.  You want to put the kind of pressure on him that starting as a rookie would entail?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

10 hours ago, BigAl2526 said:

IMO, San Francisco's decision to draft Trey Lance rather than Matt Jones makes it less likely that San Francisco is willing to part with Garapolo this year.  Trey Lance has played 13 games of college football at a lower level.  You want to put the kind of pressure on him that starting as a rookie would entail?

Agree - btw those worried about the Bills drafting a pass rusher, at 30,  with one year of elite production in Rousseau can look at the resident “geniuses” of Belichick and shanahan because they did the same thing, much earlier, for QB. And Shanny invested 3 firsts and a third to do it. Not to mention the Jets at 2 with Zach Wilson and his one year. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Agree - btw those worried about the Bills drafting a pass rusher, at 30,  with one year of elite production in Rousseau can look at the resident “geniuses” of Belichick and shanahan because they did the same thing, much earlier, for QB. And Shanny invested 3 firsts and a third to do it. Not to mention the Jets at 2 with Zach Wilson and his one year. 

Looking at what SF gave up to get Lance, a guy who no knows whether he’ll succeed, makes what the Bills have up for Josh look like a steal.  But I’m not sure why SF had to lie about liking Mac Jones?  The first 2 picks were set. 

12 hours ago, BigAl2526 said:

I agree with this to a point, but last year was basically a gap year for Lance. Why not just let him play in a QB friendly system with the best TE in football

27 minutes ago, Doc said:

Looking at what SF gave up to get Lance, a guy who no knows whether he’ll succeed, makes what the Bills have up for Josh look like a steal.  But I’m not sure why SF had to lie about liking Mac Jones?  The first 2 picks were set. 

I think the NFL wanted a big shock at 3

33 minutes ago, Doc said:

Heard KS on radio, and he said they moved up to get a look at everyone who might be available.....went on to say they were never really in on Jones, that 2 hours after the trade a couple people in media and ran with it and it never stopped.

42 minutes ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

Heard KS on radio, and he said they moved up to get a look at everyone who might be available.....went on to say they were never really in on Jones, that 2 hours after the trade a couple people in media and ran with it and it never stopped.

Of course. There is no way that Jones was ever going to be the pick. I could not have been less surprised that they did not take him.