What Do You Get Out of It?

14 hours ago, daz28 said:

Humans are not very good at understanding their motivations.  We think we are, but were not.  No matter what there's always some degree of selfishness.  It's built in.  I prefer to admit when I am. That way I can help identify my shortcomings, and adjust.  Before Covid, we called these kind of people, "likeable people".  Well maybe before the internet, cell phones, and Trump.

What was the most recent shortcoming you came to grip with?  

Was it the speaking in the third person plural to identify yourself as 'likable people'?  

Mine was recognizing that I selfishly took a potshot at you in an attempt at humor.  On the one hand it makes me kind of a d*ck, but on the other self-reflective and reveal my growth as a human.  You're likable, I'm self-reflective.  Everyone wins. 

8 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

What was the most recent shortcoming you came to grip with?  

Was it the speaking in the third person plural to identify yourself as 'likable people'?  

Mine was recognizing that I selfishly took a potshot at you in an attempt at humor.  On the one hand it makes me kind of a d*ck, but on the other self-reflective and reveal my growth as a human.  You're likable, I'm self-reflective.  Everyone wins. 

You are both d*cks.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

I answered previously for my thoughts on others but for me I come hear for a few reasons: 

1) I get to see news I don't otherwise- thanks to both those I agree with and those I disagree with.

2) I can have an open conversation and be obnoxious sometimes without fear of making someone cry since they can just block me.

3) since 2016 I have been told my opinion of "less government" is offensive to some of my coworkers, and I am not kidding. The current topic I have been told is offensive is explaining how lockdowns are stupid and ineffective. I literally had a conversation this week with a person who has family outside Toronto who told me the government had to do something.  I had to walk away because she was being intentionally ignorant.