What Do You Get Out of It?

5 minutes ago, B-Man said:

I will put out some info, take it if you wish, no harm done (to me)if you don't

I would read more of what you posted if you actually agreed with the link.  Instead, half the stuff you post I could chew up an spit out in 30 seconds.  Quality is so much more than quantity when it comes to politics.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BillStime said:

And you left off the most important part....

You saw someone with a point of view you disagreed with and attacked, and seem to be proud of how you went about it. What did I leave off?

Humans are not very good at understanding their motivations.  We think we are, but were not.  No matter what there's always some degree of selfishness.  It's built in.  I prefer to admit when I am. That way I can help identify my shortcomings, and adjust.  Before Covid, we called these kind of people, "likeable people".  Well maybe before the internet, cell phones, and Trump.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, BillStime said:

I’m not here defending Trump - so I have a pretty good head start 

Dude, you said you came here because of all of the hyperpartisan right-wing media being posted by DR and company,  and most of what you do is post hyperpartisan left wing tweets, generally refusing to engage in reasonable conversation. 

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

Dude, you said you came here because of all of the hyperpartisan right-wing media being posted by DR and company,  and most of what you do is post hyperpartisan left wing tweets, generally refusing to engage in reasonable conversation. 

Oh I engage - but it is impossible to have meaningful and thoughtful exchanges w people who defend this: 

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886vr8665piwympysraj4

Or this:

giphy.gif?cid=5e21488661ht4xld8617vz03da

Next gotcha question?

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Oh I engage - but it is impossible to have meaningful and thoughtful exchanges w people who defend this: 

Or this:

Next gotcha question?

The thing is Trumpism is everywhere.  You know TONS of people you get along with as friends who like him.  The notion that we can't talk politics is unfounded.  It's harder than ever to talk politics, BUT most will admit he has faults.  That's a start

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, BillStime said:

Or this:

Next gotcha question?

Then I ask again, why are you posting in PPP, is it just to "win"?  Personally I think Trump is a horrible person, and I feel that way about Biden too, but I don't automatically think everything they do is wrong (or right), because it's not.  Absolutism is dangerous stuff.

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

Then I ask again, why are you posting in PPP, is it just to "win"?  Personally I think Trump is a horrible person, and I feel that way about Biden too, but I don't automatically think everything they do is wrong (or right), because it's not.  Absolutism is dangerous stuff.

Hey - I answered your question - I’m here to provide a counter POV. 

So why are you here? 

5 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Hey - I answered your question - I’m here to provide a counter POV. 

So why are you here? 

Because I like to read and occasionally participate in Intelligent conversation. 

• Thank you (+1) 1