What Do You Get Out of It?

2 minutes ago, T&C said:

I don't mind discussing court cases but I don't get into the politics stuff much. Other two Bills forums I'm affiliated with ditched the political forum... an actual case is one thing but who leans left right middle conservative etc. isn't really my bag.

Really?  What do they talk about over there?    Football??  Sounds boring.  

26 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Really?  What do they talk about over there?    Football??  Sounds boring.  

I think B-man and his buddies were the reason why the political section on the main site was closed. They got into some spat. I wasn’t around and came back and it was gone!

1 hour ago, BillStime said:

Sorry not sorry... none of you would stand up to him... and now he's gone.  

Seriously, I don’t have any concept as to what it means to “stand up” to an internet poster.  It’s not tangible, it’s not a thing, it’s a mirage and some back story you’ve created for some reason you yourself may not even know. 

When I first dipped my toe in PPP posting, one poster in particular took issue with something I wrote.  He had a definite style to his prose, seemed wound right to me,  and I really thought he was joking.  I replied with something dumb.  

He then told me that when some of the others were around, I was going to be in a “Lulz storm” (I think that was it) and it was like I was being threatened by the internet version of Paulie Walnuts.  He seems quite sincere but nothing ever came of it, mostly because what could come of it?  Harsh words?   

DR no longer posts here, this is true as far as I know, and I don’t speak for him, but I’d think he probably hasn’t thought of you in the months since he left.  Good dude, das Rhino. 

Put the yearbook away man.  Too much anger and pissing on stuff makes for a long, tiring and smelly day for us all.  

For old times sake:

#FREETHERHINO

• Eyeroll 1

15 minutes ago, The Governor said:

I think B-man and his buddies were the reason why the political section on the main site was closed. They got into some spat. I wasn’t around and came back and it was gone!

Of what board?  If BBMB there were many problems but I was content there to stick with just football.  Stadium talk helped get through a year when the team was down.    

8 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

Of what board?  If BBMB there were many problems but I was content there to stick with just football.  Stadium talk helped get through a year when the team was down.    

Many .... it just became an everyday hassle... when, it was a Buffalo Bills board. 

9 minutes ago, T&C said:

Many .... it just became an everyday hassle... when, it was a Buffalo Bills board. 

People were pissed on a daily basis which did not help.  Fire Jauron.  Fire Chan.  Fire Dougie.  What's Ralph's plan?  Does Ralph have a plan?  Erie County stadium lease?  (Fill in the blank) was a bust.  Marv not a good GM.  Bon Jovi stealing our team?  6-10. 7-9.  and right down the line.  Too many good posters never went on to other boards or at best post very sparingly.  

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

People were pissed on a daily basis which did not help.  Fire Jauron.  Fire Chan.  Fire Dougie.  What's Ralph's plan?  Does Ralph have a plan?  Erie County stadium lease?  (Fill in the blank) was a bust.  Marv not a good GM.  Bon Jovi stealing our team?  6-10. 7-9.  and right down the line.  Too many good posters never went on to other boards or at best post very sparingly.  

I dunno... Bumbles247 and other quality Bills posters post all the time. If you want good Bills talk you might be on the wrong site. However, this would be the Bills site for political discussion for sure. We have been through some bad Bills for a long time for sure in the last couple of decades.

1 minute ago, T&C said:

I dunno... Bumbles247 and other quality Bills posters post all the time. If you want good Bills talk you might be on the wrong site. However, this would be the Bills site for political discussion for sure. We have been through some bad Bills for a long time for sure in the last couple of decades.

I have not seen a Bumbles post in a long time.  Does he have a different handle?  Is he on a different site?  He was an excellent source of information on things such as players' contracts and other NFL business issues.

5 hours ago, BillStime said:

When I joined this message board, I pretty much got my daily Buffalo Bills fill from the Stadium Wall and moved on with my day. I would take peek at PPP and fought off temptation to get involved as I couldn't believe how one sided, hypocritical and conspiratorial it was... 

@Deranged Rhino was the queen bee and pretty much fell over backwards defending, deflecting and squashing ANY criticism of Trump.  I tried to keep my distance but I caved. It was time to have some fun...

It was quite clear that most of his lemmings here get their news from the queen bee himself, Q, Flynn, Britebart, OANN, Newsmax, Fox News and other deranged sources. So, I came in strong and decided to piss all over their sugar coated Trump news with countering sources.

I knew I wasn't going to be popular... but I also wasn't going to be silenced.

Who tried to silence you?  The above reads like you have absolutely no interest in discussing anything rationally in PPP, is that true?

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, B-Man said:

None of the above.

As I have mentioned several times over the past ten years of posting here, I mostly only post from conservative sites, because it is painfully obvious that a majority of left-leaning PPP'ers here are seldom if ever exposed to opposing viewpoints. You can tell that by their near-hysterical reactions.

It does NOT mean that endorse every word, sadly that is too difficult a concept for the usual suspects here.

Occasionally, something presented turns out not to true, as with the Kamala/book story that Billzy correctly called me on.,

but mostly they are opinion pieces that many here should read and consider.

Thanks.

You should consider posting your own thoughts more, it would help open up conversation a lot more that a far right article you may not even agree with.

Just now, BillStime said:

Rationally? With who? 

Anyone. Different points of view are good things.   What did you get out of this

"So, I came in strong and decided to piss all over their sugar coated Trump news with countering sources.

I knew I wasn't going to be popular... but I also wasn't going to be silenced."

It seems like more like you were interested in silencing others, or am I misunderstanding?

3 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

You should consider posting your own thoughts more, it would help open up conversation a lot more that a far right article you may not even agree with.

Anyone. Different points of view are good things.   What did you get out of this

"So, I came in strong and decided to piss all over their sugar coated Trump news with countering sources.

I knew I wasn't going to be popular... but I also wasn't going to be silenced."

It seems like more like you were interested in silencing others, or am I misunderstanding?

I appreciate what you’re trying to accomplish with this thread; and the last thread you created on Common Ground - but you strike me as someone who clearly cherry picks to provoke an argument 

• Eyeroll 1

2 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

Who tried to silence you?  The above reads like you have absolutely no interest in discussing anything rationally in PPP, is that true?

Just now, BillStime said:

Rationally? With who? 

You see TenHigh.

He never will answer your question directly. he is not capable

1 minute ago, Tenhigh said:

Thank you, I appreciate your response.

There is no way of saying this without sounding like the "old Man" that I am,

but I am not really that interested in having a "conversation" with everyone here.

I have, but usually only those posters who have shown themselves to be adults.

I am not here to "win" as many of our lesser-lites here are trying to do.

I will put out some info, take it if you wish, no harm done (to me)if you don't

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, B-Man said:

You see TenHigh.

He never will answer your question directly. he is not capable

Thank you, I appreciate your response.

There is no way of saying this without sounding like the "old Man" that I am,

but I am not really that interested in having a "conversation" with everyone here.

I have, but usually only those posters who have shown themselves to be adults.

I am not here to "win" as many of our lesser-lites here are trying to do.

I will put out some info, take it if you wish, no harm done (to me)if you don't

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886a7r715h7ixs6rarlf6

4 minutes ago, BillStime said:

I appreciate what you’re trying to accomplish with this thread; and the last thread you created on Common Ground - but you strike me as someone who clearly cherry picks to provoke an argument 

How so? I literally quoted you back to you.