What Do You Get Out of It?

What do you get out of finding articles or tweets that you know heavily skew the truth, and posting them here as facts?  Do you like demonizing people who have different opinions and values, while acting like your personal position has no faults?  What's in it for you?  Is it the need to feel better than someone else?

• Thank you (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

What do you get out of finding articles or tweets that you know heavily skew the truth, and posting them here as facts?  Do you like demonizing people who have different opinions and values, while acting like your personal position has no faults?  What's in it for you?  Is it the need to feel better than someone else?

I think many posts these things thinkinf they are facts.  The ole “I saw it on the Internet so it has to be true!” meme runs deep here. 

10 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

None of the above.

As I have mentioned several times over the past ten years of posting here, I mostly only post from conservative sites, because it is painfully obvious that a majority of left-leaning PPP'ers here are seldom if ever exposed to opposing viewpoints. You can tell that by their near-hysterical reactions.

It does NOT mean that endorse every word, sadly that is too difficult a concept for the usual suspects here.

Occasionally, something presented turns out not to true, as with the Kamala/book story that Billzy correctly called me on.,

but mostly they are opinion pieces that many here should read and consider.

Thanks.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, The Governor said:

The real reason?

It’s Republican guilt.

They know they’ve misbehaved terribly and the only thing that makes them feel better is pretending to be a victim.

You're right. It was terrible behavior when we weren't starting wars, and everyone was employed. That was the WORST!   We can't let that happen again.

20 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

Most of them know that they cannot make it in an open and free society.  So they have to fantasize about being commissars in a 20th Century Eastern European closed communist country.  They make no issue about wanting to control you in terms of the food that you eat or your choice of transportation.  

When I joined this message board, I pretty much got my daily Buffalo Bills fill from the Stadium Wall and moved on with my day. I would take peek at PPP and fought off temptation to get involved as I couldn't believe how one sided, hypocritical and conspiratorial it was... 

@Deranged Rhino was the queen bee and pretty much fell over backwards defending, deflecting and squashing ANY criticism of Trump.  I tried to keep my distance but I caved. It was time to have some fun...

It was quite clear that most of his lemmings here get their news from the queen bee himself, Q, Flynn, Britebart, OANN, Newsmax, Fox News and other deranged sources. So, I came in strong and decided to piss all over their sugar coated Trump news with countering sources.

I knew I wasn't going to be popular... but I also wasn't going to be silenced.

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, BillStime said:

When I joined this message board, I pretty much got my daily Buffalo Bills fill from the Stadium Wall and moved on with my day. I would take peek at PPP and fought off temptation to get involved as I couldn't believe how one sided, hypocritical and conspiratorial it was... 

@Deranged Rhino was the queen bee and pretty much fell over backwards defending, deflecting and squashing ANY criticism of Trump.  I tried to keep my distance but I caved. It was time to have some fun...

It was quite clear that most of his lemmings here get their news from the queen bee himself, Q, Flynn, Britebart, OANN, Newsmax, Fox News and other deranged sources. So, I came in strong and decided to piss all over their sugar coated Trump news with countering sources.

B-man has been training these people to be right wing extremists for 20 years. He is the ring leader. He is Q. Lol.

1 hour ago, Tenhigh said:

I’d hopeful some day the lightbulb goes on for the blind faith party disciples that both parties do all the same corrupt disingenuous stuff and intentionally divide us with extremes. 

There’s not nearly enough debate about positions here.  Seems like People pick a political party first who then tells them their position on every issue. 

I also like to hear what the extremes say and are thinking.  It’s the same reason I dislike Twitters banning. Extremists in an echo chamber are not good. I assume that’s what that alternate site is now. I like to know just how crazy the crazy’s are. 

I also regularly read Bloomberg AP and daily wire and watch CNN and Fox. Because they are all biased. 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Everyone is shaped by their experiences and aided/hurt by their ability to see the other side of an argument.  The internet game smothers intelligent discourse in many cases, and we make judgements accordingly.  For example, in Billzys comments above, his stated goal is 'to piss all over their sugar coated Trump stories...' while maintaining a somewhat unhealthy (my opinion) obsession with @Deranged Rhino--a guy I personally find quite engaging.   So, Billzy thinks he's crazy, I think he's engaging, it's a push.  Be that as it may, it's impossible for me to drudge up the energy to ever want to squeeze out some lemon juice on someone else plate of Keeblers. 

Mostly I'm just here for the chicks I guess.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Everyone is shaped by their experiences and aided/hurt by their ability to see the other side of an argument.  The internet game smothers intelligent discourse in many cases, and we make judgements accordingly.  For example, in Billzys comments above, his stated goal is 'to piss all over their sugar coated Trump stories...' while maintaining a somewhat unhealthy (my opinion) obsession with @Deranged Rhino--a guy I personally find quite engaging.   So, Billzy thinks he's crazy, I think he's engaging, it's a push.  Be that as it may, it's impossible for me to drudge up the energy to ever want to squeeze out some lemon juice on someone else plate of Keeblers. 

Mostly I'm just here for the chicks I guess.  

Sorry not sorry... none of you would stand up to him... and now he's gone.  

• Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, BillStime said:

That was your Corn Flakes that you were pissing on.  Ever wonder way you need to go to the ER at least twice per week?

1 hour ago, BillStime said:

Here it comes.....yawn! 

1 hour ago, The Governor said:

The real reason?

It’s Republican guilt.

They know they’ve misbehaved terribly and the only thing that makes them feel better is pretending to be a victim.

So what you're saying is only "Republicans" do this?  

1 hour ago, BillStime said:

Like Trump DR is no longer around.  You cling to the past a lot don't you?

I wasn't going to be silenced!   LOL!!  As if you have any great message to provide here.  Silly, childish memes?   Yes.  Messages?  Not really.

36 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Sorry not sorry... none of you would stand up to him... and now he's gone.  

None of us??

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

So what you're saying is only "Republicans" do this?  

Like Trump DR is no longer around.  You cling to the past a lot don't you?

I wasn't going to be silenced!   LOL!!  As if you have any great message to provide here.  Silly, childish memes?   Yes.  Messages?  Not really.

None of us??

That was a triple whatsboutism! 

• Like (+1) 1

I don't mind discussing court cases but I don't get into the politics stuff much. Other two Bills forums I'm affiliated with ditched the political forum... an actual case is one thing but who leans left right middle conservative etc. isn't really my bag.