Broncos acquire QB Teddy Bridgewater for 6th round pick

Logic

5 hours ago, Process said:

Huh? When was he ever good? 

Also this trade makes 0 sense for Denver. Why trade for a guy no better than Lock? Either draft a guy in the first round or let it ride with what they have. 

The Teddy hate around here is completely off around here.  We get Allen and just start sipping Labatt Blues pinky up?  Hes basically a solid game manager with Fitzpatrick production.  He looked solid last year. Plug him into a team like SF and hed be hailed comeback player of the year.  We woulda killed for a qb like that in the drought era

4 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

The Teddy hate around here is completely off around here.  We get Allen and just start sipping Labatt Blues pinky up?  Hes basically a solid game manager with Fitzpatrick production.  He looked solid last year. Plug him into a team like SF and hed be hailed comeback player of the year.  We woulda killed for a qb like that in the drought era

Lol. You have very low standards.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

EJ Manuel vs. Kevin Kolb! That was 8 years ago, which is "a while" I guess ...

Nah.  EJ Manuel was brought in as the franchise QB.  Slow Doug said he had "that It Factor"...

5 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Wouldn't have to kill.  They had the same QB, his name was Tyrod Taylor.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Dont Stop Billeiving said:

Yeah that's my biggest takeaway as well. Was counting on Denver taking a QB off the board before New England gets to pick. If the Pats are getting a QB in the first round, I really need it to be Mac Jones and not Fields or Lance. 

Would be insane if the Pats got what I believe to be a top three QB in the draft at #15...

Fields tortured me when he was in HS when decomitted from Penn State

He tortured me in college as he twice throttled the PSU defense

May as well keep torturing me as a pro!

(I'm a huge Fields fan though, love him as a prospect)

4 hours ago, Logic said:

And don't forget that he got a FIFTH for AJ McCarron!

This was as good as the tyrod for a 3. less newsworthy.... but helluva move.  Thats it!  We finding a to get a 2 for Mitch. Sign and trade!

4 hours ago, Buffalo Boy said:

It make less than ZERO sense because he was getting cut!!!

The Panthers have been openly crapping on him since the end of the season and signed Darnold ( a bad joke in itself) . That the Panthers got anything for him is a coup!!!

Listening to radio in Clt. Bridgewater earned $42 million in 17 months!!!!! Good for Teddy.

Hey is that an AM station?  I been here about a year and been meaning to tune into some Panthers talk

Allow me to shed some light on this situation.

first....Elways is NOT the GM now.  He is still in the front office, but he announced he will be moving on after this year.

Ok.....context is very much needed here.

At the end of the season.....Elway, still GM at that point....announced that the entire coaching staff would be RETAINED.  After a while, Elway then announced he was stepping down as GM, and would stay in the front office for just one more year..and that he was hiring a GM.  After a search and interview, the Broncos hired George Paton...former Vikings assistant GM...to be the new Broncos GM.....Paton was informed that he must retain the staff for 2021.  Paton was also given a SIX year contract...not 5....but 6.  Paton, being unable to change the coaching staff....and having inherited a staff with a "win now or else" ultimatum....Denver was NEVER going to be in the QB market this draft year.  Paton is NOT taking a QB high, and then turning that player over to a coaching staff that won't want anything to do with him.  Furthermore, I am sure Paton would like the input, and solidarity with his HC about drafting a new QB...you don't do that with Vic Fangio...a D minded HC, who is in a win now year.

Paton will wait to see how this year plays out, and most likely, after firing Fangio..and moving on from Lock and Bridgewater next year...Paton will hire a coach, they will evaluate the QB's and THEN Denver will be in the QB market....

The moment Elway gave the staff a win now year....that was all you needed to know about Denver being in this QB market this draft...

SAME AS IN 2018.....Elway gave Vance Joseph and his staff an ultimatum to "win or else".   They drafted Bradley Chubb...a very Win now type player....instead of Josh Allen.  Elway wasn't drafting Allen and then giving that kid to a staff that wouldn't want anything to do with him. 

And though not exactly the same...but similar to 2017 Buffalo, where the Pegulas hired McD...but hadn't hired McBeane yet...McD wasn't comfortable going QB in that draft in large part becasue he wanted input from whoever the GM would be and wanted to have complete and full evaluations, and everyone on the same page....wich Buffalo HAD in 2018 when they took Allen.

1 hour ago, BillsShredder83 said:

This was as good as the tyrod for a 3. less newsworthy.... but helluva move.  Thats it!  We finding a to get a 2 for Mitch. Sign and trade!

Hey is that an AM station?  I been here about a year and been meaning to tune into some Panthers talk

WFNZ 610 am 

I’m a letter carrier for the PO so I’ve got all kinds of time to listen😉

10-2 is probably the best show with Kyle Bailey.

PM me if you have any questions about the area.

Edited by Buffalo Boy
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

LOL.  Now all my friends who are Donkey fans here in Colorado will have the QB controversy as soon as Lock has a bad game!

Way to go Elway. 

In Drew Lock world, that’s just referred to as a game.

Edited by Jay_Fixit

13 hours ago, BillsShredder83 said:

I don't hate Teddy, I just don't know what it does for the Broncos. Is he any better than Lock? Hes good enough to win you 7-8 games and keep you out of range for a top QB in the draft. We saw that happen a few times in the drought and we kept spinning our wheels with other teams castoffs

Also, Denver was the only team interested and Carolina is paying him 7 million to not play for them. Thats what the NFL thinks of his potential right now

What the hell happened to the Broncos? They just love perpetually putting themselves in QB purgatory now. They know they got to try and beat Mahomes and Herbert right?

1 hour ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Supposedly, Trubisky wanted to go to Denver but they werent interested

I'd rather have Trubisky than Brigewater

Yeah.  x10

Sammy, that’s a problem how?  C’mon, how much did you love Wentz going to Indy to ruin them?  How much did you love Brady leaving the evil empire?

Now can the Chargers just screw up Herbert so we can focus on destroying the Chiefs.  

Wait was that on the outside?

Ridge, House help.