Broncos acquire QB Teddy Bridgewater for 6th round pick

Logic

1 hour ago, ColoradoBills said:

Exactly.  Good grief at least have the trade ready to go and wait to see what happens on draft night.

If they end up drafting a QB they just threw away $3M and a 6th rounder!

Yes but if they want to draft a QB they may fool a team into not trading up ahead of Broncos.

And there is still possibility of Teddy being traded again or even Drew.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, Logic said:

I just wanted to point out that the person most loudly beating the "Bridgewater to the Broncos is likely" drum the past several weeks has been "Logic's national football reporter of the day", Benjamin Allbright. I mean, he's a Broncos reporter by trade, so it makes sense that he had the scoop first. But it adds another tiny twig of evidence to the "he knows stuff" tinder pile.

Yep, he's been saying for awhile now that the only QB the Broncos were interested in was Trey Lance and that if he wasn't available, they had a deal in place for Bridgewater.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Process said:

Huh? When was he ever good? 

Also this trade makes 0 sense for Denver. Why trade for a guy no better than Lock? Either draft a guy in the first round or let it ride with what they have. 

It make less than ZERO sense because he was getting cut!!!

The Panthers have been openly crapping on him since the end of the season and signed Darnold ( a bad joke in itself) . That the Panthers got anything for him is a coup!!!

Listening to radio in Clt. Bridgewater earned $42 million in 17 months!!!!! Good for Teddy.

Edited by Buffalo Boy
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DJB said:

The Patriots are getting Fields aren't they? 

giphy.gif

Yeah that's my biggest takeaway as well. Was counting on Denver taking a QB off the board before New England gets to pick. If the Pats are getting a QB in the first round, I really need it to be Mac Jones and not Fields or Lance. 

Would be insane if the Pats got what I believe to be a top three QB in the draft at #15...

• Agree 1

24 minutes ago, Chaos said:

What is Trubisky's trade value at the moment? 

Interesting question.  Spotrac has his market value at $8.3M which is somewhere between bridge and top backup money.

My guess the best draft wise would be a 4th.  Maybe a little higher right now with the low contract cost.

If a starter or two go down from a decent team in the summer it could definitely be a 2022 3rd.

I know everyone and their dog expects him to find a home next year but I'm not willing to see that as a fact.

If he can't find a decent suitor as a potential bridge/starter next year and the Bills pony up a few more million he might want to stay another year.

I like Bridgewater. He's a fine NFL QB, kind of in that 25th-30th best QB in the world, in kind of a no man's land that guys like him inhabit. Sometimes a bridge (hah!) starter, sometimes a really good backup in waiting. When he started for good teams he was good. 5-0 with the Saints in 2019, 100 QB rating, etc, etc. When he started for bad teams he wasn't good enough to make them playoff-competitive. 

So he'd be a really nice addition to some teams, but ... not the Broncos. Oh sure, if he plays he'll take that team - which does have talent - all the way from 5-11 to 8-8. Maybe even 9-7! But that's not gonna get them past the Chiefs unless Mahomes is out, and probably isn't gonna get them past the Chargers either. And that will have the Broncs picking somewhere between 15 and 23 next year or some such thing.

It's called QB Purgatory (thanks for that one, Doug Whaley) and we all know how it feels ...

Edited by The Frankish Reich

2 hours ago, mushypeaches said:

They should have just hung on to Kendall Hinton

😁

On the subject of poor Mr. Hilton ... would it have killed the Broncs to have activated him from the PS to play WR/punt returner in Game 16? The kid went out there and took the hit for poor Broncos planning, looking like some kind of high schooler playing QB in an NFL game. Karma, Broncos. Karma ...

5 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Darn it, darn it, darn it. 

My final mock which I am finalising to publish in the morning included the line "The Broncos have talked about competition for Drew Lock but I don't believe it comes in the first round of the NFL draft. Much more likely is a trade with the Carolina Panthers to acquire Teddy Bridgewater to allow the new GM to assess Lock in 2021 before taking a decision about the future at the position."

They stole my thunder!!!

Bridgewater v. Lock has to be one of the lowest wattage "QB competitions" in a while.

Gotta feel for the B broncos fans.  Elway is a total rockhead--proven again.....

5 hours ago, Logic said:

Interesting. Likely takes them out of the 1st round quarterback market.

I'll forever LOL at Elway for passing on Allen and then taking Drew Lock the next year.

Living near CHA i really hope this means theyre going to draft a qb 1st rd.  Get the guy you like the most, let him duke it out with Darnold.  If Sam wins, great let that guy sit till your ready, or if Sam loses, maybe they can do a Trubisky of sorts, get Darnold some garbage time, work with him in practice, and hope hes got any trade value at all.