Multiple teams think Caleb Farley will need more surgery, he’s likely to fall out of 1st round, per Benjamin Allbright

Logic

7 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

By your third back surgery, no one "fully recovers".  Stay away from this kid.

HES HAD 3 😲 holy #$%^!!!!

If he hasnt played since 2019 whyyyyyyyyyyyyy would you not have had that surgery done by now?  if it was a weightroom injury thats extra sad, some dumb kid figuring out his body- ego lifting.  most gym rats have been there done that. yeah im out until like round 4 or 5 if its the 3rd surgery

Edited by BillsShredder83

6 hours ago, Rigotz said:

It's fine to think he'll drop a bit, but wrong to "take him off your board."

He is easily the best corner in the draft, minus the injuries. An appropriate landing spot for him is 20-30.

Gronk had similar back problems and back surgeries in college and he plays a position that takes more hits.

Also, does it seem a little suspicious to anyone else that the day before the draft a journalist is "hearing from anonymous sources" that an elite player will need more surgeries and is broken forever - so definitely don't take him in the 1st?

Just like we released Joshs silly texts/tweets lol hopefully it was us and think hes good 2 go!  What a coup that would be, unlikely as it is

1 minute ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Just like we released Joshs silly texts/tweets lol hopefully it was us and think hes good 2 go!  What a coup that would be, unlikely as it is

Maybe Bruce still has some connections at VaTech and can give us an inside scoop

1 hour ago, BillsfaninSB said:

This years DK Metcalf.

I wonder if he will be there at 61.  I would do if he was.

I don’t see the comparison at all.  DK Metcalf had people questioning if he was too big to move laterally while he was clearly fast and also they questioned his route running.  Farley has had 2 back procedures and may be looking at a 3rd and he is only in his early 20s.  Add to it that team Docs can’t even examine him for themselves and picking him would be a major risk.  

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, OldTimer1960 said:

That isn’t fully true.  They knew he would eventually need surgery, they just hoped he could get through his rookie season before he had it in the offseason.

And it appears player withheld some information in order to be drafted higher.

8 hours ago, OldTimer1960 said:

That isn’t fully true.  They knew he would eventually need surgery, they just hoped he could get through his rookie season before he had it in the offseason.

Yep iirc he aggravated it in practice and that was what led to the surgery decision. A labrum can be played through sometimes. 

5 hours ago, OldTimer1960 said:

I don’t see the comparison at all.  DK Metcalf had people questioning if he was too big to move laterally while he was clearly fast and also they questioned his route running.  Farley has had 2 back procedures and may be looking at a 3rd and he is only in his early 20s.  Add to it that team Docs can’t even examine him for themselves and picking him would be a major risk.  

DK had a serious neck injury in college.   Some thought his playing career was over at the time.  Yes, his route running was a concern but his injury played a part in him dropping.  There is some comparison to Caleb. 

2 hours ago, BillsfaninSB said:

DK had a serious neck injury in college.   Some thought his playing career was over at the time.  Yes, his route running was a concern but his injury played a part in him dropping.  There is some comparison to Caleb. 

You’re right, I had forgotten that.  My bad.  

Still, team doctors had the ability to examine Metcalf and they can’t do that with Farley.

16 hours ago, jletha said:

Is this a joke? McGahee played for 10 season, multiple 1000 yard seasons and multiple pro bowls.

Not a joke at all.

Four thousand-yard seasons. One time he was voted to the pro bowl and one alternate (and neither were with Buffalo). Yes, a ten year career. Only three years were in Buffalo before he forced his way out. 

For a guy drafted 23rd? Who had to sit out a year after being drafted? For a guy who averaged 4.0 YPC for his career? And 3.88 YPC in Buffalo?

A terrible draft pick. A solid but unspectacular career for McGahee himself. 

16 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

This is going to hurt us in a multitude of ways because Farley does not go earlier means that other corners we’re going to get drafted earlier

Ouch. Yeah, good point, damn it.

Edited by Thurman#1

13 hours ago, Rigotz said:

For those of you saying we should "take a flier in the 7th round" and he's "not on your board" here's a team reportedly trying to trade up in the first round to get him.

https://www.nbcsports.com/edge/football/nfl/player/63751/caleb-farley

As I've been saying this entire thread, all of this BS about him having new injuries to his back the day before the draft is an indication that he is probably going to go HIGHER than we think, not lower.

Seriously doubt that he's going higher. I can imagine it not hurting him much as teams already knew. But this isn't likely to change team's minds. Just fans and draftxperts.

The teams seriously considering taking him will have demanded a medical history and if not actual access by team doctors than access from a doctor who is trustworthy.

The link says Robinson is hearing the Saints might move up to get him. "Might." Could be true. Could be smoke. But if it's true it's saying he may be in Tennessee's plans at #22 and the Saints might possible try to get ahead of that. That's not higher than expected. It's in the area (admittedly a wide range) where he was expected to go.

6 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

Seriously doubt that he's going higher. I can imagine it not hurting him much as teams already knew. But this isn't likely to change team's minds. Just fans and draftxperts.

The teams seriously considering taking him will have demanded a medical history and if not actual access by team doctors than access from a doctor who is trustworthy.

The link says Robinson is hearing the Saints might move up to get him. "Might." Could be true. Could be smoke. But if it's true it's saying he may be in Tennessee's plans at #22 and the Saints might possible try to get ahead of that. That's not higher than expected. It's in the area (admittedly a wide range) where he was expected to go.

I believe that the change or perceived change comes from Arizona who really loved the kid but the strong rumour is that they have regrettably decided to remove him from their board because of a concern over the back. Now that might tie in with the Saints suddenly wanting to come up because if they expected him gone at #16 and he suddenly might last into the later teens well that would be interesting. The other thing with New Orleans of course is they are doing a 2020 Patriots style sink year this year. Their HoF QB is gone, they are tight against the cap, they are gonna take the pain in 2021 and try and rebound fast in 2022. A team in that situation might be willing to completely red shirt Farley, whereas a team like the Cardinals who are very much "win now" in 2021 can't. 

• Like (+1) 2

11 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I believe that the change or perceived change comes from Arizona who really loved the kid but the strong rumour is that they have regrettably decided to remove him from their board because of a concern over the back. Now that might tie in with the Saints suddenly wanting to come up because if they expected him gone at #16 and he suddenly might last into the later teens well that would be interesting. The other thing with New Orleans of course is they are doing a 2020 Patriots style sink year this year. Their HoF QB is gone, they are tight against the cap, they are gonna take the pain in 2021 and try and rebound fast in 2022. A team in that situation might be willing to completely red shirt Farley, whereas a team like the Cardinals who are very much "win now" in 2021 can't. 

Heck, I would be willing for the Bills to red-shirt Farley, but only if they are VERY confident that he will fully recover.  Back injuries are really trouble - Terrell Troup never recovered.  Without the ability for a team Doctor to examine him, I would have to pass in round 1 and maybe even round 2.

Unless he got an “all clear” from the NFL doctor at Indy, I think he will fall out of the first.

On 4/28/2021 at 9:45 AM, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

Beane and the Bills behind this and Etienne? Do they want someone to keep falling to them? I say it's possible

If Etienne is still there at the 30th pick it will be very interesting to see if the Bills pass on him. Part of me would like to see him on the Bills roster. 

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Farley to Bills in the Second is going to be an Absolute Steal. And Bills are a team that can support the red shirt year if another surgery is required. 

If he is there at #61 I'd be tempted. At #30 not worth the risk IMO.

22 hours ago, BillsShredder83 said:

HES HAD 3 😲 holy #$%^!!!!

If he hasnt played since 2019 whyyyyyyyyyyyyy would you not have had that surgery done by now?  if it was a weightroom injury thats extra sad, some dumb kid figuring out his body- ego lifting.  most gym rats have been there done that. yeah im out until like round 4 or 5 if its the 3rd surgery

He has had 2. Teams think he needs a third.

48 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

If he is there at #61 I'd be tempted. At #30 not worth the risk IMO.

He has had 2. Teams think he needs a third.

Agree I have him off my board medically in the fist. But at 61 he would be a steal. And get him in our medical program