Multiple teams think Caleb Farley will need more surgery, he’s likely to fall out of 1st round, per Benjamin Allbright

Logic

I've heard that teams don't have access to the same medical information on prospects as in previous years, and that's even more so for guys who opted out. This seems like more of an attempt to get him from fall out of the first round. That being said, guys coming off major injuries usually take a couple seasons to get right and then the value of the pick is essentially cut in half.

44 minutes ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

Beane and the Bills behind this and Etienne? Do they want someone to keep falling to them? I say it's possible

I think it's equally likely for Bills to be behind this as any other CB-needy team. It's also equally likely this is true.

The "told ya" folks are out in full force today, but this report proves nothing.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, turftoe said:

I live close to Clemson. The Bills totally missed the medical on Lawson. Everyone here on the local sports radio knew that he would need shoulder surgery but the Bills totally missed it. Sure enough, he needed surgery and his rookie season was a bust.

That isn’t fully true.  They knew he would eventually need surgery, they just hoped he could get through his rookie season before he had it in the offseason.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

This is going to hurt us in a multitude of ways because Farley does not go earlier means that other corners we’re going to get drafted earlier

This draft you can get a quality db into the third round no worries even if they decide to go elsewhere 

• Like (+1) 1

For those of you saying we should "take a flier in the 7th round" and he's "not on your board" here's a team reportedly trying to trade up in the first round to get him.

https://www.nbcsports.com/edge/football/nfl/player/63751/caleb-farley

As I've been saying this entire thread, all of this BS about him having new injuries to his back the day before the draft is an indication that he is probably going to go HIGHER than we think, not lower.

Farley is an elite man coverage talent (top 10) when healthy. But a slight misfit for the Bills since he is a bit weak in zone coverage - which is what we need opposite Tre. So if he is healthy, several other teams would  likely jump on him before the Bills do.

That being said, if he is still there when pick 60 rolls around, all bets are off - since the value is just too much to pass on - even if he has to sit a year. I expect him to go before pick 40 fir sure.

6 minutes ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

Farley is an elite man coverage talent (top 10) when healthy. But a slight misfit for the Bills since he is a bit weak in zone coverage - which is what we need opposite Tre. So if he is healthy, several other teams would  likely jump on him before the Bills do.

That being said, if he is still there when pick 60 rolls around, all bets are off - since the value is just too much to pass on - even if he has to sit a year. I expect him to go before pick 40 fir sure.

I think Farley could adapt to better zone play. He’s a freak athlete with great instincts. He knows about QB and WR route trees. He’s played both of those positions. He’s got speed for days similar to Newsome’s speed. I would be perfectly fine with either pick. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

The appropriate time is never imo. Sorry, I know others will disagree. If the bills can’t examine him themselves which is indeed the case, I’m not wasting a pick. 

I don't think they would come to a different conclusion--spine surgeons make their money by re-operating on patients.  They know how this goes....

The guy still can't feel his big toe.  

1 hour ago, OldTimer1960 said:

That isn’t fully true.  They knew he would eventually need surgery, they just hoped he could get through his rookie season before he had it in the offseason.

Whaley ("now, if something's going to happen, it's going to happen...") knew before they drafted him.  He "unfortunately" and coincidentally "reinjured" the shoulder immediately after arrival. Surgery was quickly scheduled.

4 hours ago, jletha said:

Is this a joke? McGahee played for 10 season, multiple 1000 yard seasons and multiple pro bowls.

Mcgahee was no where near what the Bills thought he would be when they drafted him.  He was a solid back....but he looked special before his injury 

5 hours ago, jletha said:

Is this a joke? McGahee played for 10 season, multiple 1000 yard seasons and multiple pro bowls.

The player was much better than the person, at least as perceived by many Bills fans. Only a fool goes about trashing the city of the one team willing to take a chance on him after that horrendous injury. Buffalo is much more than Applebee’s and Dave & Busters. It’s not South Beach, but that’s not entirely a bad thing. 

1 hour ago, Rigotz said:

For those of you saying we should "take a flier in the 7th round" and he's "not on your board" here's a team reportedly trying to trade up in the first round to get him.

https://www.nbcsports.com/edge/football/nfl/player/63751/caleb-farley

As I've been saying this entire thread, all of this BS about him having new injuries to his back the day before the draft is an indication that he is probably going to go HIGHER than we think, not lower.

Are you serious that you think the Bills or another team are putting out bogus medical info on this kid?  You're just kidding right?

1 hour ago, IronMaidenBills said:

I think Farley could adapt to better zone play. He’s a freak athlete with great instincts. He knows about QB and WR route trees. He’s played both of those positions. He’s got speed for days similar to Newsome’s speed. I would be perfectly fine with either pick. 

When was the last day you or anyone saw that speed?