Catchin' Fades with Aqib Talib(Jordan Palmer talks Josh Allen and qb prospects)

36 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

I'll take that bet.

Regardless of circumstances, Darnold was the worst QB in the NFL. I watched their games (and enjoyed it greatly) last season and when he had no pressure on him he seemed confused about who actually played for his team, took a long time to process the field, making sill mental errors like running out of bounds behind the line (multiple times) and was not in command of the offense at all. The *SAME* problems he had in college.

I'm not sure why a guy who had problems in college, continued those problems in the pros is suddenly going to turn it around because he gets the 'good' coaching. On top of that, it's exceedingly rare that a clear top 10 bust (let's say 20th and below for 3 years running) leaves the team that drafted them and then goes on to success elsewhere. There's a reason for that.

Most of his "he's gonna turn it around" hype seems to be from people who are carrying over that Darnold was a highly touted prospect in the draft and haven't watched him in the last two years.

Gase is a control freak buffoon who only ever had success when he was getting Manning coffee, but Darnold was awful. Their offense performed better with the animated corpse of a disinterested Joe Flacco. Both gase and Darnold can be bad at the same time. 

I never alluded to Darnold resurrecting his career, I did though point out part of why he did so poorly, ie: Adam Gase..., who is a nutter to put it kindly...

Sam has this upcoming season to save his career, if he doesn’t show a very big step forward he’s pretty much done, he will become a BU QB or be out of the league, jmo. 

1 hour ago, wppete said:

I dont know if we would argue with him when it comes to Josh being possibly the most physically gifted (purely physical attributes I think he was talking about) a QB to have ever played the game when it comes to Height , weight, speed, strength, athleticism and above all Arm strength... I mean what other QBs could we put in that category? John Elway? What other QBs could we put on that list? 

Josh has 2" and 30# on Elway.  Cam would have been close if he had been a better passer.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Doc said:

Josh has 2" and 30# on Elway.  Cam would have been close if he had been a better passer.

I completely forgot about Cam! My bad... but these 3 guys are specimens. Josh, Elway and Cam. 

• Agree 1

15 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

So this was a really cool 45 minute watch! Jordan touches on how the game and development of teen qb's has evolved. He touches on this years prospects and also talks about certain locker room dynamics some of them might bring. At the 42 minute mark, when their josh allen convo starts, its hard trying to wipe the smile from my face. Jordan talks about how he's worked with Watson and Mahomes, as well as playing with his brother(Carson), Jay cutler, and Jamarcus russell when he was younger. He settles on Allen being the most physically gifted qb ever, and having the strongest arm he's ever seen. Basically says theres never been a total package in the league like Allen. He then touches on how much the team loves him. If you have the time its a good watch from start to finish.

Aqib Talib is pretty good when he has a good guest but he needs to check his facts.

He said that the Palmer brothers were probably last pair of brothers playing together in NFL - Two brothers, brothers of Tremaine Edmunds, currently play for Steelers.

3 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Aqib Talib is pretty good when he has a good guest but he needs to check his facts.

He said that the Palmer brothers were probably last pair of brothers playing together in NFL - Two brothers, brothers of Tremaine Edmunds, currently play for Steelers.

I think he meant two at the same position like QB.

Palmer also brought up Fromm saying Georgia QB could not beat out a QB who may not take a snap in NFL.

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

I think he meant two at the same position like QB.

Yes but it is not what he said and if you are doing this kind of show you need to be clear.

16 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

So this was a really cool 45 minute watch! Jordan touches on how the game and development of teen qb's has evolved. He touches on this years prospects and also talks about certain locker room dynamics some of them might bring. At the 42 minute mark, when their josh allen convo starts, its hard trying to wipe the smile from my face. Jordan talks about how he's worked with Watson and Mahomes, as well as playing with his brother(Carson), Jay cutler, and Jamarcus russell when he was younger. He settles on Allen being the most physically gifted qb ever, and having the strongest arm he's ever seen. Basically says theres never been a total package in the league like Allen. He then touches on how much the team loves him. If you have the time its a good watch from start to finish.

Damn! I got a chubby!