Late Speed at WR: The Anthony Schwartz Intrigue, and a Reasoned Approach to a Lesser-Known Alternative

On 4/28/2021 at 1:15 AM, ROCBillsBeliever said:

Who is this late round sleeper?

Marquez Stevenson - WR - Houston

I don't want to bombard with film, but here are a few highlight reels showing the versatility and dynamism Stevenson has to offer. If he is there at our 2nd 5th or our 6th, and we take him, I would be very, very pleased:

Well done! 

Hands look good, route running needs work but that's what his peers and coaches will focus on.

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, ROCBillsBeliever said:

I am darn proud that Beane reads my posts...

Screen Shot 2021-05-01 at 4.34.46 PM.png

Congrats!   That was an amazing and thorough analysis and was one of the best predictions I have seen or can remember on this board !   Really appreciate the highlights you provided and this guy looks exciting and should have a good shot at making the roster.  Really , really good job and demonstration of your football knowledge and original thought process.  Lots of opinions and “ experts “ on here , but not many back up their thoughts with facts and then putting all that together to actually get both the player and value / round to fall in line with the teams own thought process and analysis.  Great job and you have earned the credibility title up until the 2022 draft!    Really nice job !  👏👍👌

• Thank you (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Brennan Huff said:

Congratulations Ego GIF

Those would be great sarcasm gifts, where can a fella buy some of those....

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

17 hours ago, WideNine said:

So killer speed and iffy hands.

Older poster here, so my mind immediately recalls Don Beebe. Would blow by everyone then juggle the ball for 15 yards while everyone held their breath. A receiver with the distinct irony of being most famous for his standout defensive play in our lopsided SB loss to Dallas.

I loved the 90s Bills.   Collectively they gave me many good days.

But Beebe and his drops drove me crazy!

Hopefully Stevenson has better hands.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 hours ago, DrPJax said:

Congrats!   That was an amazing and thorough analysis and was one of the best predictions I have seen or can remember on this board !   Really appreciate the highlights you provided and this guy looks exciting and should have a good shot at making the roster.  Really , really good job and demonstration of your football knowledge and original thought process.  Lots of opinions and “ experts “ on here , but not many back up their thoughts with facts and then putting all that together to actually get both the player and value / round to fall in line with the teams own thought process and analysis.  Great job and you have earned the credibility title up until the 2022 draft!    Really nice job !  👏👍👌

Thanks so much for the tip of the hat, @DrPJax! I kinda went down a rabbit hole on his film, because the one spot I thought we could add that would make the team with our day 3 picks was a late WR/KR, and that field just kept coming up deep in the mocks I was running (across multiple platforms and sites). I also saw some holes in Schwartz's game, and realized he would probably be over-valued/over-drafted.

Yeah, and I feel you on the "experts" who don't back up their thoughts. I tend to not post much on here, out of respect for those who do a great job of deep diving on the draft or individual players, but when I saw Stevenson's tape, and didn't hear much buzz on him, I thought I might have something to contribute. Really glad we landed him, and I feel he's going to surprise some people. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I love this pick.  He brings something we don't have.  

Like most of Beane's picks, he is one of those "huge upside, needs to develop" type of guys - and on this roster, he'll have time to do that.  I see him making the team.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, ROCBillsBeliever said:

Thanks so much for the tip of the hat, @DrPJax! I kinda went down a rabbit hole on his film, because the one spot I thought we could add that would make the team with our day 3 picks was a late WR/KR, and that field just kept coming up deep in the mocks I was running (across multiple platforms and sites). I also saw some holes in Schwartz's game, and realized he would probably be over-valued/over-drafted.

Yeah, and I feel you on the "experts" who don't back up their thoughts. I tend to not post much on here, out of respect for those who do a great job of deep diving on the draft or individual players, but when I saw Stevenson's tape, and didn't hear much buzz on him, I thought I might have something to contribute. Really glad we landed him, and I feel he's going to surprise some people. 

Word to the wise: always trust the (very) small circle of The Mighty Boosh fans!

• Awesome! (+1) 1