Former NFL, Argos running back Karlos Williams retires from professional football

21 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I'm interested to know why you think this.  What do you know about his spending habits/monetary responsibility that leads you to make this prediction?

Well... he had the golden goose and couldn't get out of his own way to get the egg. He was more interested in getting stoned and stuffing his face than maximizing his potential. When given a 2nd and 3rd chance he blew those too. Given his propensity for poor decisions and lack of seriousness in his career, I'd say it's a pretty good guess. I'd wager this clown is next to broke now, the CFL is not exactly a cash cow and money goes fast. He signed with us the Steelers and the Argo's none of which were big money deals. Yeah he's about broke by now I'd wager. I've never heard of or seen anything in his history or behavior that would lead me to believe different.

Edited by babulator
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, babulator said:

Well... he had the golden goose and couldn't get out of his own way to get the egg. He was more interested in getting stoned and stuffing his face than maximizing his potential. When given a 2nd and 3rd chance he blew those too. Given his propensity for poor decisions and lack of seriousness in his career, I'd say it's a pretty good guess. I'd wager this clown is next to broke now, the CFL is not exactly a cash cow and money goes fast. He signed with us the Steelers and the Argo's none of which were big money deals. Yeah he's about broke by now I'd wager. I've never heard of or seen anything in his history or behavior that would lead me to believe different.

clown? 

who are you?

It's really to bad the kid had a great future if he only worked at it i wish the Bills had a RB of his stature on the team now not sure why all the backs they look at are smaller but i would love a big bruiser like Williams the kid had it & just let it go .

9 hours ago, Da webster guy said:

Damn Karlos, we hardly knew ye

If he's still with the same girl he was with in Buffalo, I hope he doesn't resent her for not pushing him to stay in shape, work hard and be the best athlete he could be.

I sure would.

He should not resent her for his own stupid actions. I doubt she was shoving food down his throat.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, OrtonHearsaWho said:

Man is he a bummer.  If he kept himself focused on the game, all of the hundred threads that we have about running back would be completely unnecessary.  Seriously, who would you rather have - rookie year Karlos or literally any of the back on our roster or in the draft?  

The latter.  This guy had 93 NFL carries (all his rookie year).  

He didn't even rise to the level of "flash in the pan"....because he was rarely in the pan.

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

The biggest waste of talent since Derrick Coleman.  Shame.

This is an insult to Derrick Coleman.  Coleman at least had a fairly lengthy career in the NBA as he was playing for over a decade.  He even made All Star team one season.   Karlos Williams ran for 500 yards mainly to spell Shady.  He sucked when he was the primary back.    The false legend of Karlos is strong in some people's minds.

Edited by prissythecat

14 minutes ago, prissythecat said:

This is an insult to Derrick Coleman.  Coleman at least had a fairly lengthy career in the NBA as he was playing for over a decade.  He even made All Star team one season.

Derrick Coleman had the most natural ability I'd ever seen in a basketball player.  What he didn't have was the drive and the work ethic to succeed.  He had a long, mediocre career as a JAG, when he could have been a HOF'er.

13 hours ago, A Firm Tree Does Not Fear said:

clown? 

who are you?

I'm a guy that knows better than to throw that kind of opportunity away 3 times. 

I'll try not to laugh the next time i read his name in the news. (It's inevitable) 😆

On 4/28/2021 at 7:51 AM, babulator said:

Tough to argue with. :(

• Like (+1) 1

What was the name of the pass rushing DE that we got years ago from the Chargers? He was GREAT in San Diego but when we got him he must have quit taking steroids. He might even have had a psychiatric problem or two and a substance issue, along with an injury.  I was excited when we signed him; this guy could go get the QB big time until he came here. :( 

Does anyone remember who I'm referring to?

8 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

What was the name of the pass rushing DE that we got years ago from the Chargers? He was GREAT in San Diego but when we got him he must have quit taking steroids. He might even have had a psychiatric problem or two and a substance issue, along with an injury.  I was excited when we signed him; this guy could go get the QB big time until he came here. :( 

Does anyone remember who I'm referring to?

Shawne Merriman?

• Thank you (+1) 1