I am athlete - Diggs, Landry, Brandon Marshall

nato7412

7 minutes ago, Capco said:

And I tend to agree with them.  The shutdown corners that play man-to-man physically are special.  

People who never played in the defensive backfield don't realize that all corners do everything

Even a press man corner like Ramsey , Play zone 40% of the time

A zone corner like Trey plays man 40% of the time. Tre plays plenty of man

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, wppete said:

Landry is a cheep shot artist and dirtbag. Never forget that hit the ruined Aaron’s career. 

When Landry first went to the Browns, I made a similar comment on an NFL Facebook thread...his mother took great offense to my comment. It got kinda ugly!  

I just FF through most of what Landry had to say, but I listened to Diggs. He's an intelligent young man who has been through a lot. I also believe that is why even though he is confident in his abilities, you can still see the humility he has about him. Good for Stefon. Hell of a job he's done by himself and with his family given the circumstances they faced. I am very proud he is on the Buffalo Bills. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

People who never played in the defensive backfield don't realize that all corners do everything

I agree that corners play both much if the time and the great ones play both equally well,  but not every CB who excels at man coverage also excels at zone, which requires a greater understanding of D concepts. From drop depths to drop angles, some corners just don’t get it as well as others. 

Just now, K-9 said:

I agree that corners play both much if the time and the great ones play both equally well,  but not every CB who excels at man coverage also excels at zone, which requires a greater understanding of D concepts. From drop depths to drop angles, some corners just don’t get it as well as others. 

I never said that most corners excel at both lol 

In fact, corners have different varying degrees of success based on their technique they play

And it's not as simple as just Man versus zone

For instance Jalen Ramsey has great success as a press bump n run  corner.. but when he plays off man outside technique, he's actually very susceptible to getting beat in man coverage 

He isn't a man savant. That would go to Stephon Gilmore who excels in every single leverage and technique in man coverage 

Tre is solidly above average in his man techniques, while playing at nearly elite levels in most of his zone techniques.. especially cover three and four outside shade

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, chknwing334 said:

She is probably just upset that she raised a dirt bag son that likes to take cheap shots on defenseless players.

It got really out of hand....other Bills fans didn't help!

I did end up messaging her to apologize, but she never responded.

5 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I never said that most corners excel at both lol 

In fact, corners have different varying degrees of success based on their technique they play

And it's not as simple as just Man versus zone

For instance Jalen Ramsey has great success as a press bump n run  corner.. but when he plays off man outside technique, he's actually very susceptible to getting beat in man coverage 

He isn't a man savant. That would go to Stephon Gilmore who excels in every single leverage and technique in man coverage 

Tre is solidly above average in his man techniques, while playing at nearly elite levels in most of his zone techniques.. especially cover three and four outside shade

A lot of it depends on scheme and the relative quality of the supporting safety/LB coverage. It’s pretty rare when a DB can transcend average help around him like Revis or prime PP.

9 minutes ago, Buftex said:

It got really out of hand....other Bills fans didn't help!

I did end up messaging her to apologize, but she never responded.

Boo! Landry is dirt bag and supremely overrated. Don't apologize to his mother!

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

A lot of it depends on scheme and the relative quality of the supporting safety/LB coverage. It’s pretty rare when a DB can transcend average help around him like Revis or prime PP.

I don't even think Patrick Peterson transcended the game as a cornerback

He was a special team star and a really good cornerback to start his career which made him very valuable.. and he kept improving as a corner

I don't think he ever had a run of erasing top receivers from the game like revis 

From a pure technique standpoint, peterson was at his best as a press man corner, but still struggled with other man techniques

Gilmore when he won defensive player of the year, played over half his snaps in cover zero or cover one, a number you'll never see again.. is a master in inside or outside leverage, and off coverage.. I think he's a much better cover cornerback than Patrick Peterson 

A zone scheme is where you're really dependent on the help around you as a cornerback.. Tre needs to trust his linebackers and safeties when he's passing coverage

Edited by Buffalo716

6 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Can Tre play man, and bump and run?  Ask Claypool....if he is up off the ground yet.