Your day 2 crush?

5 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

I am hoping that either

We trade down and out of the 1st giving us 2 day day 2 picks taking a corner and a defensive end

A DE falls in the 2nd that we have a chance to select by trading up

John, the Bills already have 2 day-2 picks.

Here are some/most of the day 2/3 guys that I like(in no particular order);

Secondary:  Wiggins, Joseph, Moolden, Campbell, Rochell, Diablo, Cisco, Grant, Hall, Bynum, Jean-Charles, Wade

WR: Collins, Darden, Fehoko, Wallace, Atwell, Schwartz

TE:  Jordan, Long, McKitty

DE/Edge: Perkins, Turner, Odeyingbo, Toney, Jones, Hamilcar

LB- Surratt, Browning, Rice

DT- McNeil, Slaton, Bohanna, Tonga, Brown

RB- Hill, Gainwell

I am not enamored with anyone likely available at 30.  I do like DEs Payton Turner, Carlos Basham and Joe Tryon and Greg Rousseau - but not any of them particularly at 30.

Likewise, I think they will miss out on the top corners, but who can tell which ones of them will be any good?  I watched Tyson Campbell vs Florida and he had tight coverage on Kyle Pitts several times, but gave up 2 TDS to Pitts even with tight coverage.  Likewise, he seemed to hold his own against Alabama’s Uber-talented WR tandem, but Waddle torched him(leaving Campbell on the ground) for a long TD.  Still, nobody is stopping those guys completely.

1 hour ago, In Summary said:

If the Bills think they can keep him under 340 lb or so, Shelvin in the 3rd.   

Shelvin doesn’t strike me as “process” if he isn’t motivated enough to control his weight.

2 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

I am not enamored with anyone likely available at 30.  I do like DEs Payton Turner, Carlos Basham and Joe Tryon and Greg Rousseau - but not any of them particularly at 30.

Likewise, I think they will miss out on the top corners, but who can tell which ones of them will be any good?  I watched Tyson Campbell vs Florida and he had tight coverage on Kyle Pitts several times, but gave up 2 TDS to Pitts even with tight coverage.  Likewise, he seemed to hold his own against Alabama’s Uber-talented WR tandem, but Waddle torched him(leaving Campbell on the ground) for a long TD.  Still, nobody is stopping those guys completely.

Shelvin doesn’t strike me as “process” if he isn’t motivated enough to control his weight.

Fair point.  We don't need another Darrius. 

Some say Shelvin's version of the position is outdated and DT's who don't penetrate need not apply, but when our D-line faces 5 guys all over 300 and our LB's are needed to cover space and multi-task rather than just thump into RB's, I think a weak 1T DT just invites problems.  It's not about becoming a throwback #1 run defense (because I think the Bills are absolutely fine being run on up to a point), but becoming good enough to not get gouged by the run at will or being able to stop teams from converting 3rd and short on the ground.  Last year we weren't good enough. 

These "projects as a 3 but could play the 1" prospect descriptions don't really convince me this is the player we need.  Shelvin came to mind as I think he has the size and potential to improve that position and, per the OP's question, is a late Day 2 pick.

8 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

I like Bobby Brown also, but RD 3 seems a bit early.  I think he may be around in 5.  

I have a feeling if we don't take him in the 3rd then he's not going to make it to us in the 5th. :thumbsup:

18 hours ago, glazeduck said:

In order of crushiness...

Nico Collins

Joseph Ossai

Kelvin Joseph

Wyatt Davis

Devine Diablo

Dwayne Eskridge

Paulson Adebo

I'd be willing to take Ossai at #30 but all the rest except Diablo would be on my day 2 list.

• Agree 1

20 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

I am hoping that either

We trade down and out of the 1st giving us 2 day day 2 picks taking a corner and a defensive end

A DE falls in the 2nd that we have a chance to select by trading up

We have two day two picks already 

20 hours ago, whatdrought said:

Alim McNeil, 3rd round.

Big DT who anchors against the run, but also gives upside against the pass. He’s a guy who can play both 3 and 1 Tech giving the DL additional versatility. 

Most mocks by Bills' fans and media that I have seen include either McNeil or Shelvin, usually in the 3rd round.  So, without having my own to share I will share that observation.

14 hours ago, just1hugheser said:

Here are some/most of the day 2/3 guys that I like(in no particular order);

Secondary:  Wiggins, Joseph, Moolden, Campbell, Rochell, Diablo, Cisco, Grant, Hall, Bynum, Jean-Charles, Wade

WR: Collins, Darden, Fehoko, Wallace, Atwell, Schwartz

TE:  Jordan, Long, McKitty

DE/Edge: Perkins, Turner, Odeyingbo, Toney, Jones, Hamilcar

LB- Surratt, Browning, Rice

DT- McNeil, Slaton, Bohanna, Tonga, Brown

RB- Hill, Gainwell

I like this list. May I add Quincy Roche and Khalil Herbert? 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, H2o said:

I have a feeling if we don't take him in the 3rd then he's not going to make it to us in the 5th. :thumbsup:

very possible he wouldn’t.  I just don’t know of he is worth a 3rd, depends on who else is available I suppose.  will be fun to watch. I could see us trading into 4th or something for a 1T

Weaver, DE Pitt.  We need Edge help.  He is very productive in college.  Projects as a better run stopper than pass rusher but knows how to get behind the LOS and cause havoc.