Your day 2 crush?

We've covered the first round quite a bit so I wanted to see if anyone had any particular day two crushes that you're really hoping to see in a Bills uni for years to come.  For me, it's Tommy Tremble.

This draft only has one elite tight end and honestly I hope some draft day gas mask bong pictures of Kyle the unicorn Pitts are released so we might have an outside chance at him, but barring that then we won't be getting a generational talent at that position so I've looked at other options and the one that I have REALLY grown to like is Tremble.  He lacked production at Notre Dame but but for a lack of talent.  More often than not he was asked to block and what I love about his game is that he really seemed to relish that role.

I've watched a lot of footage of the second tier tight ends and I personally am not overly impressed with Freiermuth, particularly as a 2nd round option.  He does some things well but doesn't seem to do any of them REALLY well so I would rather pick a player that does something (in this case blocking) really well and has the upside to improve in other areas.

We might need to move up in the 3rd round or maybe even take him in the 2nd (obviously depending on what we do in the 1st) but I really think he could be a great piece in this offense.  Knox can make a good block here and there but can also totally miss or even worse, get blown the F up in pass protection.  I really think that Tremble could replace the blocking ability of Lee Smith with far more of a threat as a pass catcher on some short crossing routes, or tight end screens and can also improve the overall screen game based on how many times I've seen him utterly humiliate someone in the secondary by blocking them totally out of the play.

What do you guys & gals think?

• Like (+1) 3
  • Disagree 1

3 minutes ago, glazeduck said:

In order of crushiness...

Nico Collins

Joseph Ossai

Kelvin Joseph

Wyatt Davis

Devine Diablo

Dwayne Eskridge

Paulson Adebo

I'd love Eskeridge with our 3rd rounder as to me he is McKenzie/John Brown/Andre Roberts all rolled up into one. 

• Agree 1

Some of these guys I'd be okay with at #30 as well, but the ones that seem to be getting mocked roughly around our range that I like are:

• Ifeatu Melifonwu - at least partially because it would be fun to have a Syracuse guy on the team, but I also think his skillset would be a good fit for us and the 2nd round is late enough to gamble on his upside
  • Rondale Moore - injuries probably scare me off in the 1st round, but Day 2 would make me very happy
  • Joseph Ossai - might be my preferred choice at #30, but seems like he's generally projected to be a mid to late 2nd round pick
  • Brady Christenson - Just seems like kinda my type as far as OLine guys go; coming from a dominant college OLine and plays with really good technique and instincts
  • Amari Rodgers - I'd be really happy with him in the 3rd round and probably okay with it in the 2nd. Can line up in the slot or in the backfield and return punts, good hands, really good after the catch both shaking tacklers and also just eluding them entirely.
Edited by DCOrange
  • Like (+1) 7

1 minute ago, DCOrange said:

Some of these guys I'd be okay with at #30 as well, but the ones that seem to be getting mocked roughly around our range that I like are:

• Ifeatu Melifonwu - at least partially because it would be fun to have a Syracuse guy on the team, but I also think his skillset would be a good fit for us and the 2nd round is late enough to gamble on his upside
  • Rondale Moore - injuries probably scare me off in the 1st round, but Day 2 would make me very happy
  • Joseph Ossai - might be my preferred choice at #30, but seems like he's generally projected to be a mid to late 2nd round pick
  • Brady Christenson - Just seems like kinda my type as far as OLine guys go; coming from a dominant college OLine and plays with really good technique and instincts

I really love Moore too.  I have no idea what he will end up being in the NFL but his college tape is spectacular.

Well, since we are going to trade back into Round 2...

Landon Dickerson / Creed Humphrey

Alim McNeil / other big fatty 1T

best CB avail w/ 3rd round pick

4th round pick (got in tradeback) .... Chubba Hubbard.

• Like (+1) 1