Miami Trades Ereck Flowers - OL Line @ #6 Now?

H2o

10 minutes ago, H2o said:

Honestly, if they are....good for them! Smart team building.

Tua is a lefty, so having a high quality RT is just as important, if not more so, than having a high quality LT. I've also read that Sewell has been training at RT this offseason, just in case the team that drafts him plans to start him there.

34 minutes ago, H2o said:

Flowers turned into a pretty decent G when playing for Washington. Good enough that Miami gave him 3 years and $30 million. How dumb does their FO look right now though? Van Noy? Signed, kept for a year, let go. Shaq Lawson? Signed, kept for a year, traded. Ereck Flowers? Signed, kept for a year, traded. Last offseason for them looks like a complete debacle. 

I don't think Flowers has ever been a decent NFL guard, he is a train wreck at guard or tackle. How he keeps getting signed is a mystery to me. It was a dumb move the moment Miami made it last year. 

Agree with others though it does not affect #6. I mean if Sewell is there they should take him, but I say that as an Austin Jackson sceptic and they drafted him in the 1st so they won't do it. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, dneveu said:

Well Flowers sucked anyway, so i don't think him being there should have prevented them from going oline there.

Their offensive line will hold them back if its not addressed - they cant run the ball, and if they don't protect their QB it won't really matter.

yet they won 10 games and a win away from the playoffs

1 hour ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

haha-- yeah, Williams was probably much worse. What's crazy about Flowers is here I am 20 years later and I am still so delusional that I am wondering whether there was a chance he could have worked out. He was an athletic guy and a lot of us had high hopes for him--I never understood what happened with him. 

He was over hyped, Darren Howard was the DE I wanted in that draft and when we took Flowers I was livid. 

2 hours ago, Kwai San said:

And POS Poz....lets not forget that disaster......

What are you talking about? Poz was a decent player. Decent guy. Not a bust at all. Never lived up to his hype, but should not mentioned in the same breath. He was a pro bowler w Jax one year, and could have been a Pro bowler for us if he'd been healthier.

Flowers was yet another bad signing by this supposed "rising" miami team. Just another guy they are going to have to replace w a rookie or new face. 

They gave him 10 million per year!

Miami's line next year looking like a dumpster fire. Last year's rookies underwhelmed, now will be several new faces.

Edited by RichRiderBills

2 hours ago, Kwai San said:

And POS Poz....lets not forget that disaster......

Posluszny had an 11 year career, and was a starter for the vast majority of that. For his career he has 1085 total tackles, and 753 solo.

He went first-contract-and-out with the Bills and went to the Jaguars. The Bills were switching to a 3-4 defense, and he believed he was a better fit in a 4-3.

Overall the guy had a solid career. However, the switch to the 3-4 meant the Jaguars derived more benefit from that career than did the Bills. Had he stayed in Buffalo he would have abundantly justified the 2nd round pick used to take him.

Edited by Arm of Harm

2 hours ago, mannc said:

And they appear to have whiffed on their three first round picks last year...I know it’s early, but none of the three looks good to this point...

The tackle looks like he might be ok. Not first round pick worthy, but decent.

Tua and the corner are not looking great right now

1 hour ago, ganesh said:

yet they won 10 games and a win away from the playoffs

And they beat one team with a winning record (rams) when they had a whopping 145 yards of offense 

In fact, they remind me of this team

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2004_Buffalo_Bills_season

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_Miami_Dolphins_season

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, dneveu said:

Well Flowers sucked anyway, so i don't think him being there should have prevented them from going oline there.

Their offensive line will hold them back if its not addressed - they cant run the ball, and if they don't protect their QB it won't really matter.

What QB ??

3 hours ago, H2o said:

Flowers turned into a pretty decent G when playing for Washington. Good enough that Miami gave him 3 years and $30 million. How dumb does their FO look right now though? Van Noy? Signed, kept for a year, let go. Shaq Lawson? Signed, kept for a year, traded. Ereck Flowers? Signed, kept for a year, traded. Last offseason for them looks like a complete debacle. 

Not to mention the dead cap money regarding those players.  Per Spotrac, Van Noy $4.1M, Shaq $2.6M, and Flowers $2M.

Edited by DCbillsfan

3 hours ago, H2o said:

Glass houses...

Spain

Jefferson

Addison and Butler forced to take paycuts or get cut

And that isn't even including the guy that quit at halftime

4 hours ago, H2o said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/04/27/miami-trades-ereck-flowers-to-washington/

Maybe they are going OL @ #6? I'd personally be happy if they passed on any receiving talent like Pitts, Chase, Waddle, or Smith. 

I don't want them drafting Sewell. The guy looks amazing and he's only 20 years old. I'm hoping they pull another Dion Jordan and take Jason Oweh at 6.

Edited by somnus00

1 minute ago, somnus00 said:

I don't want them drafting Sewell. The guy looks amazing and he's only 20 years old. I'm hoping they pull another Ted Ginn Jr and take Jason Oweh at 6.

Another Dion Jordan :thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 1