Hammers lot

37 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I could be wrong, but I think @1ManRaid was referring to Hammer's Lot as "his property, his right".

Which I agree with and elsewhere you've said you agree with

I fully agree it is his right, and I enjoy the lot. But for better or worse, it is IMPOSSIBLE to enforce. Maybe to park (but probably not at all practical), but not once people start milling around???  Haha, no chance. 

There are things in life we cannot control, so I’ve learned to not become obsessed by them. At least he gets to express his feelings, and I’m fine with people doing that. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Augie said:

I fully agree it is his right, and I enjoy the lot. But for better or worse, it is IMPOSSIBLE to enforce. Maybe to park (but probably not at all practical), but not once people start milling around???  Haha, no chance. 

There are things in life we cannot control, so I’ve learned to not become obsessed by them. At least he gets to express his feelings, and I’m fine with people doing that.

I want to know if he truly expects a 6-pack of locally brewed IPA to be given to him on entrance

• Awesome! (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

I believe its 1/3 of the country not 2/3. Agree on the rest and welcome to the club of fully vaxxed.

Erie county is 70% fully vaxxed over 65 yrs old

44% 18 and up.

If we keep going at this rate we might get back to normal soon.  Hopefully the skeptics start to realize hundreds of millions of shots is a pretty big sample size to use as a factor in their decision.   Then again, most of the anti vax crowd isn't known for logic and reason.

• Like (+1) 9
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Its true he probably only can check those in the cars that park there and there never used to be a fence or some border from the next lot, but at least he’s trying.  It’s only people I talk to down here, but I still predominantly talk to young people questioning the virus.  Just about everyone I know over 40 has mentioned to me they have been vaccinated.

Besides if the county and state figure it out, you’ll have to vaccinated to get in the stadium.  If they do that and it sticks, there is no reason they shouldn’t be able to get to 100% capacity.  I can see several stadiums around the league doing the same.  These owners want their revenue.

Anyway, my point to the thread is not a big C 19 conversation, just glad we can start to have some normalcy within reason on Gameday, and have a nice outlet for fun.  I have not read every post, but I’m sure it was hijacked somewhere along the way.  To the mods, thanks for not shutting this one down as my intent was football, not a social conversation on the days issues.  Let’s get back to having fun.

8 hours ago, Augie said:

Would it really be that hard to put up a simple fence, provide wristbands, and tell all patrons that you will be kicked out if you are caught with anyone at your tailgate without a wristband?  

I don’t think most vaccinated people are going to risk getting booted for one of their anti vax friends. 

Edited by chknwing334

4 hours ago, chknwing334 said:

Would it really be that hard to put up a simple fence, provide wristbands, and tell all patrons that you will be kicked out if you are caught with anyone at your tailgate without a wristband?  

I don’t think most vaccinated people are going to risk getting booted for one of their anti vax friends. 

HammerStock!

.....eight games a year!

Edited by I am the egg man

2 hours ago, chknwing334 said:

If you’ve ever been there, you know that there is no fence, and fences are very expensive, especially for such a large area. It would also restrict peoples access to the stadium and other areas. Putting up a rope stops nobody. 

Parking is already a hassle with people showing up at sunrise. Checking for every passengers shot card and ID would add a new dimension to that mess. 

This is not Hawaii, this is the Ohio/Indiana border. It’s just a sea of people with a constant stream of folks passing thru coming from different lots. I can’t imagine how it could possibly work from a practical standpoint. 

Edited by Augie

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

If you’ve ever been there, you know that there is no fence, and fences are very expensive, especially for such a large area. It would also restrict peoples access to the stadium and other areas. Putting up a rope stops nobody.

This is not Hawaii, this is the Ohio/Indiana border. It’s just a sea of people with a constant stream of folks passing thru. I can’t imagine how it could possibly work from a practical standpoint. 

How expensive are those orange snow fences?  I've been there plenty of times.  If he wants to restrict the people in his lot, there are reasonable ways to do it.  I'm sure there will be idiots that try to disregard his rules, and hopefully they are kicked out or charged with trespassing.

3 minutes ago, chknwing334 said:

How expensive are those orange snow fences?  I've been there plenty of times.  If he wants to restrict the people in his lot, there are reasonable ways to do it.  I'm sure there will be idiots that try to disregard his rules, and hopefully they are kicked out or charged with trespassing.

See my edited post above. How long are you willing to wait to park in the lot? It’s already a hassle if you arrive at sunrise. Checking every individuals shot records and ID would back traffic up in a ridiculous way. This is just not practical for a variety of reasons, so I’m done discussing it. I’ve had my shots, but would consider parking elsewhere if there was an extra level of hassle involved. 

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, Augie said:

See my edited post above. How long are you willing to wait to park in the lot? It’s already a hassle if you arrive at sunrise. Checking every individuals shot records and ID would back traffic up in a ridiculous way. This is just not practical for a variety of reasons, so I’m done discussing it. I’ve had my shots, but would consider parking elsewhere if there was an extra level of hassle involved. 

It really isn't practical at all.  And if you think about it, if Polancarz is steadfast in his resolve to allow only vaccinated fans into the stadium, then he's going to have to control the parking lots as well.  After all, if he's so concerned about fan safety in the county-owned stadium, wouldn't he have to be just as concerned about fan safety in the county-owned parking lots as well?  It only makes sense that you wouldn't want the vaccinated mingling with the unvaccinated prior to the game.

I think the bottom line will be if proof of a vaccine is required to enter the stadium, then there will be no tailgating allowed.  It would be impossible to enforce keeping non-vaccinated tailgaters out of the lots.

49 minutes ago, ohboychoboy said:

It really isn't practical at all.  And if you think about it, if Polancarz is steadfast in his resolve to allow only vaccinated fans into the stadium, then he's going to have to control the parking lots as well.  After all, if he's so concerned about fan safety in the county-owned stadium, wouldn't he have to be just as concerned about fan safety in the county-owned parking lots as well?  It only makes sense that you wouldn't want the vaccinated mingling with the unvaccinated prior to the game.

in county-owned lots, sure!