Give up draft picks and trade up in the 1st to get "your guy"... this is the year to do it

2 hours ago, glazeduck said:

I'm all for trusting the FO and the process. I guess I'm not clear on what your point is... You said you didn't want to win a SB if it meant falling to obscurity shortly thereafter, so I assumed you'd rather they just try to remain competitive for the foreseeable future? The reality is that no team is every going to nail 100% of their picks and develop each of them perfectly, this isn't Madden. 31 teams "fail" every year. 

All I'm saying is that at some point, if we want to win a championship, we're probably going to have to make a big swing.

This isn't it, but it's the right thinking.

We both agree on that.  There is the right time for everything.

A team like KC is much farther down the road in it's development than the Bills so I see no reason to push the "process" because of them.

I say that because it's an opinion of a lot of fans (not necessarily you).

This coming year will answer a lot of fans questions as to where the Bills are in their assent and how long that may or may not last.

To me Josh Allen's progression or regression is much more important than lets say a better TE.

As to the SB thing.  It's a matter of opinion about a one and done team.  As for the Falcons they didn't even get their one so imagine if

that happened to this current Bills team how this board/fans would react.  Other recent teams that tried that push like the Rams failed too.

I will agree that the Eagles made that push a few seasons ago and reaped it's one year of benefits.

I may be totally wrong but right now I believe that slow and steady improvement is what's needed THIS year.  I also have a strong feeling that

every Bills player knows they each has to incrementally improve to become champions or they will be wearing another jersey.

I would like to see if that happens this year.

Maybe my age has made me a bit more patient than others.  LOL.

• Like (+1) 1