Kyle Shannahan on Jimmy G .. can't guarantee he will be alive

2 hours ago, NewEra said:

They may have identified one of the QBs as worthy of trading up for prior to scouting the others. They may have decided on one long ago and is just telling us they have no clue. No reason to show their cards. Everything we’re hearing right now is likely a smokescreen 

I'm certain they know who they are taking and they did as soon as they made the trade. You don't give up all they did if they were not sure between 1 or 2 players.

They know who is going 1 and 2 and their guy will be there at 3

• Like (+1) 1

Makes you wonder if BB’s who is so desperate to win again which he knows he can at least be competitive in the East (not beat us) if he gives away #15 to get JG.  Maybe SF gives up their 2nd in the deal.  

Jones or Fields would be the SF pick as Lawrence isn’t ready.  If all of these scenarios happen, how much you want to bet Detroit takes Lance.  Goeff holds down the fort for two years and Lance might be the real deal learning NFL offenses for 1-2 years.

Imagine a world where Buffalo, Cleveland and Detroit have winning teams.  It would be like the twilight zone.

16 hours ago, CorkScrewHill said:

I took some poetic license with the title, but that has got to be the absolute worst endorsement of a player ever. He really said, I can't guarantee any player will be alive on Sunday, but who says that other than certain criminal elements looking to score some greenbacks. If you find Jimmy G with cement shoes in the SF Bay .. you will know why .. great cap savings.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/04/26/kyle-shanahan-no-guarantee-jimmy-garoppolo-will-be-on-roster-after-draft/

i agree with you. This is probably one of the rudest ways to phrase this. geez. Use some tact, shanny. 

17 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Such a weird thing to say.  Bad enough they traded all of those assets to move up to 3 with no set plan on who they're taking.  Now they kill off Jimmy G. with a quote?

If they really did trade up to #3 without knowing at least 99% who their pick was they should be fired. Before they even get chance to make the pick. 

20 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Such a weird thing to say.  Bad enough they traded all of those assets to move up to 3 with no set plan on who they're taking.  Now they kill off Jimmy G. with a quote?

You don’t make that move without a plan. They know what they want to do. 

Edited by Bangarang