Kyle Shannahan on Jimmy G .. can't guarantee he will be alive

I took some poetic license with the title, but that has got to be the absolute worst endorsement of a player ever. He really said, I can't guarantee any player will be alive on Sunday, but who says that other than certain criminal elements looking to score some greenbacks. If you find Jimmy G with cement shoes in the SF Bay .. you will know why .. great cap savings.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/04/26/kyle-shanahan-no-guarantee-jimmy-garoppolo-will-be-on-roster-after-draft/

• Haha (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Such a weird thing to say.  Bad enough they traded all of those assets to move up to 3 with no set plan on who they're taking.  Now they kill off Jimmy G. with a quote?

2 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

That is such a stupid ***** response.

Super weird, for sure, but its his way of not answering the question. By taking it to the extreme and making it about "any player" he's avoiding answering the question altogether. Which, of course, is a way of answering the question...

4 minutes ago, glazeduck said:

Super weird, for sure, but its his way of not answering the question. By taking it to the extreme and making it about "any player" he's avoiding answering the question altogether. Which, of course, is a way of answering the question...

Yeah he could of also said a Meteor might hit the Earth and end life as we know it and given about as intelligible an answer.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, glazeduck said:

Bellysisck of the NFC side? maybe, and to think that C Cowherd was stating that Kyle Shanahan might be one of th top smart guys in NFL, together with Bellysick... and he trips this way

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

That is such a stupid ***** response.

I think that's a riot.  Does everything have to be boring mundane coach speak?  

I like McDermott as a coach.  But he certainly is not overly glib or comes up w much memorable remarks good or bad.  Heck Marv Levy might have said something like that.  He had some very dry wit.

1 hour ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Such a weird thing to say.  Bad enough they traded all of those assets to move up to 3 with no set plan on who they're taking.  Now they kill off Jimmy G. with a quote?

They may have identified one of the QBs as worthy of trading up for prior to scouting the others. They may have decided on one long ago and is just telling us they have no clue. No reason to show their cards. Everything we’re hearing right now is likely a smokescreen 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Coach Tuesday said:

I suspect they know exactly who they’re taking. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

They absolutely know who they are taking.  Come on!

This is a real non-news comment by Shanny.  Certainly no news to Jimmy G....