McShay- Bills trying to move up above 23 for Etienne

9 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

What’s allbright talking about. He wasn’t right about the bills pick the last two years. 2020 he had epenesa to the pats at 23 and 2019 he had the Bills taking Christian Wilkins. 

Last year he said the Bills were doing a lot of work on the WR class, and then they traded for Diggs. In 2019 he said we wanted a pass rushing DT, he mocked us Wilkins because he didn't expect Oliver to be there. 2018 he said Allen was our guy. So he has been correct for the last 3 years at least about what we were looking to do with our 1st rounders.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, appoo said:

this move means the Bills wouldn’t need any offensive player in this draft other than a TE prospect and OL depth, and upgrade the Bills to the best offense in the league.

Julio as your #2 weapon is absurd in this offense 

When I hear dolts like Stephen A and Max Kellerman taking about football on TV, it really makes me wonder how people can possibly complain about Mel Kiper.

Anyway, this is dumb. We can't afford him and we honestly don't need him. Plus the Falcons are asking for a ton. Nty

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I will say, Beane's smokescreen has completely worked on me. 48 hours ago I wasnt much of an Etienne fan and hated the idea. But the more that comes out about it, the more I have bought into it. And thinking about him catching those wide-open underneath passes in space... ooo wee

Beane blowing that smokescreen into my brain...

FuCaP.gif

If he becomes Kamara 2.0 he's absolutely worth it at 30. He won't have the wear and tear of a regular RB, as iirc, Kamara catches more balls than he runs per game.

• Vomit 1

21 minutes ago, FFadpecr said:

I don't think this is a smokescreen at all. I genuinely believe his #1 target is ETN. Beane was a part of the front office that drafted CMC #8 overall in Carolina. He clearly values a RB weapon like ETN. And he goes and trades up for the guy he targets.

This is not a smokescreen. It's real.

Gettleman was fired for mismanaging the roster three months after drafting McCaffrey.  He promptly went to the Giants and took Barkley at 2, receiving a ton of criticism for refusing to trade down, passing on QBs, and picking another top 10 back who failed to help his team win games.  Mara put Gettleman on public notice this offseason.

So hopefully Beane has been paying close attention to the saga of his former boss.  Dave Gettleman has left a clear road map of how NOT to build a roster.

Edited by Coach Tuesday
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, FFadpecr said:

#2 Overall pick (Giants) is not a Late 1st Round pick (Bills)

Rebuilding team (Giants in 2018) is not a Super Bowl contending team (Bills in 2021)

2 totally different situations. No connection whatsoever. Bad post.

YOU WERE THE ONE WHO CITED GETTLEMAN.  But I’ll ask you: when is the last time a first round running back helped his team win a Super Bowl?  It’s extremely rare.

Edited by Coach Tuesday

1 hour ago, Boxcar said:

If he becomes Kamara 2.0 he's absolutely worth it at 30. He won't have the wear and tear of a regular RB, as iirc, Kamara catches more balls than he runs per game.

Kamara had about 250 touches in college.  Etienne had 650 rushes and almost 800 total touches with receptions included.  He is a high mileage late-model used car and the prior owner drove him hard.

For similar reasons I would shy away from Najee Harris (700+ touches).  

Meanwhile Javonte Williams is at about 400 touches, mostly carries.

Edited by OldTimer1960
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, FFadpecr said:

I don't think this is a smokescreen at all. I genuinely believe his #1 target is ETN. Beane was a part of the front office that drafted CMC #8 overall in Carolina. He clearly values a RB weapon like ETN. And he goes and trades up for the guy he targets.

Well, it will be a weak plan, if he does that.  Etienne had a HEAVY workload in college and will be lucky not to be worn out by year 4.  Beyond that, I think he is a good prospect, but not a “special “ RB.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, FFadpecr said:

very NIXion.....

19 minutes ago, FFadpecr said:

No.

This isn't Center Landon Dickerson in college getting great push off the ball on every running play for Harris.

This is Center Mitch Morse in the NFL getting stalemated at the point of attack in the run game.

Brandon Beane already ruled out RBs who are similar to the 2 they have. Harris and Moss are similar, Beane already told you Harris isn't the pick.

Do u want the offense to take the next level and create even more explosive plays on the ground and through the air? Yes or no?

ETN accomplishes that.

Do you want to have to have the ball last to win?  A weak D accomplishes that.