McShay- Bills trying to move up above 23 for Etienne

Anyone who believes this clearly has covid brain fog going on right now. There is ZERO reason why the Bills would ever connect their trading up to an ACTUAL name. If they did mention a name, it is to try and get that name out there so teams MIGHT actually start wondering.

3 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Super high football character and can play any receiver position.  He’s this year’s Justin Jefferson and he might be the guy Beane is targeting with a slight move up.

My thought all along was beane is 100 times more likely to move up instead of back. There is no way to know right now as to who it is or the position until the bodies start to fall. I assume there are a few players he will move up for if they fall, CB, Edge, DL, WR. Etienne makes sense to have in the mix as well. Staying at 30 equals OL or CB to me...

Curious to see how it plays out...tick tock

• Like (+1) 1

Bills can't afford to trade up for an RB, unless beane is going full send for a super bowl this year. Beane used the words "cheap labor" trading up for a RB is the exact opposite of that. To pay josh and the rest of our keystones we need as many rookie contracts as possible. Giving up picks and paying up for a RB would cripple beanes ability for roster construction. Not too mention there's been tons of mocks where Etienne doesn't even go rd 1.

25 minutes ago, BigBuff423 said:

I’m not nitpicking here, and I agree with your basic premise, but Kamara was a 3rd Round pick. 

That's like saying you can't draft the next Tom Brady in the 1st because the original Tom Brady went in the 6th round.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 1

This is what Todd McShay actually said in his draft rumors article today:

One thing I've heard from a lot of people is Clemson's Travis Etienne has become the most coveted running back in the class -- ahead of Najee Harris -- because of the different element he brings with his explosive home run ability. And a GM whom I spoke with said he heard Buffalo might be tempted to move up from No. 30 into the early 20s to land Etienne. That'd put the Bills ahead of the Steelers, Jaguars, Jets and other teams that could think about an RB in the later segment of Day 1.

But a move up eight or nine spots for a running back in Round 1 would be really costly. It'd be one of the biggest surprises of the entire night.

Hearsay of hearsay. I put zero credence into this rumor.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Beane is a lot smarter than moving UP to craft a RB in the first round! 

At least I sure as hell hope he is! 

If Bean was really thinking about moving up to draft ETN we wouldn’t be talking about it  because that information would NEVER be available, UNLESS he/Bean wants that rumor to float around right before the draft 

IMO smoke and mirrors my friends !!!! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Todds, Ranked:

1. Todd the neighbor from Christmas Vacation

2. Willis (Todd Bridges)

3. Todd packer from The Office

4. Todd Chrisley (Chrisley knows Best)

5. Todd the son from Wedding Crashers 

You missed the true #1 Todd:

736710eec1c8d7e79a7c8264766da118.jpg

Edited by Freddie's Dead
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I will say this as much empty sets that we run replacing Moss and Singletary with Travis Etienne would be like another WR out there. With that being said that not worth moving up 10 spots for. 

Also keep in mind that Beane feels like with a complete roster not many draft picks are making the roster so I can see Bean trying to move up but not for Etienne

I was thinking about the only players that it would be worth trading for that would  significantly benefit the Bills are Pitts and JOK.  Pitts would take a lot in trade though as you’d likely have to get to 4 or 5.  JOK could be more reasonable as I’ve seen him in most mocks in the late teens to low 20s.