McShay- Bills trying to move up above 23 for Etienne

4 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

Ben Allbright who's called a few of the Bills recent picks is also among those that thinks Buffalo is going RB unless someone unexpectedly falls in their lap at 30. He specifically says McBeane don't want Allen to be taking a lot of hits anymore.

Well yeah he’s about to invest like 300 million dollars into him 

• Thank you (+1) 1

The Bills were 2nd last in the league (31st) in yards before contact per rushing attempt. In other words their offensive line was 31st in creating space for their running backs.

On the other hand the Bills running backs were 2nd in the league at gaining yards after first contact, only one team did better. 

I'm not saying the Bills running backs are great or that Etienne wouldn't be a great improvement, I am saying that the Bills line is not creating space for the backs and the rbs are already outperforming the blocking they're running behind. 

Etienne would be an awesome weapon to have but if the run blocking is still 31st will it make that much of a difference?

Edited by Turk71
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

1 hour ago, FFadpecr said:

"fast enough" LOL

Singletary is "fast enough"

Zach Moss is "fast enough"

Brandon Beane wants what those RBs DO NOT have: Game-breaking Home-run speed. That is Travis ETN.

He said in the off season presser the Bills lacked a home run hitter. And a TE that scares people. That's ETN, and....Ertz? 

Smokescreen or not, I am interested in the cost of the trade up to number 22.

On the PFN simulator, the Titans would not budge until offering up number 93 and the Bills 2022 2nd round pick.

Managed to get a 3 for 3 in the end after numerous failed attempts. Is this a realistic trade?

Loss of the 3rd round pick stung a bit!

For fun, the draft ended up being:

22. Travis Etienne RB Clemson

61. Joe Tryon Edge Washington

126. Keith Taylor CB Washington

161. Marvin Wilson DT Florida State

174. Nick Eubanks TE Michigan

213. Cornell Powell WR Clemson

236. Christian Uphoff S Illinois State

Screenshot_2021-04-26 PFN Mock Draft Simulator.png

• Vomit 3
  • Disagree 1

Brandon Beane is a good General Manager.

The Bills are now a very well-run organization.

It's hard for me to believe this rumor, because trading up for a RB in the first round is something a team like the Jets or Bengals would do.

Etienne would be a strange pick, because it means Beane admitting he failed on two running back selections. I understand the need for a dynamic playmaker, but they could have went for speed, instead they went with Moss and Singletary. 

3 minutes ago, TheBeaneBandit said:

Just a gut feeling, and while I personally prefer a few other positions myself, Harris is a lot faster than people seem to think.

Harris is a stud. Breida is one of the fastest RBs in the league and he’s here already, so that’s not “the” key element in the Rb equation.

• Like (+1) 2

McShay is a complete buffoon. It boggles my mind that someone pays him to do draft analysis.

That said, trading up from 30 to 23 would cost st least a 3rd rounder. I see no way Beane would ever consider that, I bet he laughed his butt off when he read McShay's take.