McShay- Bills trying to move up above 23 for Etienne

I will trust Beane's evaluations and decision making for this football team, he has more than earned that right.

With that said, even though I generally don't like the idea of getting RB's in the first round, as someone who has watched ACC and plenty of Clemson football, Etienne is a top tiered talent and game changer.  The guy has made big time plays throughout his entire life and has the sort of speed and receiving ability to take this offense to a whole new level.  Personally, I'd rather get a DB or edge rusher if there was one that we thought could make a difference but I'd be just fine with Etienne.

2 minutes ago, Magox said:

I will trust Beane's evaluations and decision making for this football team, he has more than earned that right.

With that said, even though I generally don't like the idea of getting RB's in the first round, as someone who has watched ACC and plenty of Clemson football, Etienne is a top tiered talent and game changer.  The guy has made big time plays throughout his entire life and has the sort of speed and receiving ability to take this offense to a whole new level.  Personally, I'd rather get a DB or edge rusher if there was one that we thought could make a difference but I'd be just fine with Etienne.

Pretty much where I'm at, don't see this happening but if it does I'm on board due to how much Beane has to have faith in the guy.

53 minutes ago, teef said:

i'm calling shenanigans.  

I like shenanigans..., 

I don't know about McShay, but I DO trust Benjamin Allbright's credibility when it comes to his league connections and Bills predictions. 

It was actually one month ago, but still. The original Tweet:

• Like (+1) 2

Might be worth it just for the sheer entertainment value of all the exploding heads around here. 

1 minute ago, nedboy7 said:

These guys better not mess this draft up like they have done to this team for 3 years in a row now.

Or what?

• Agree 1

Dude scored 78 touchdowns in college. 78!

I'm not on Team "round 1 RB" at all, but if ETN winds up a Bill, I'm not gonna whine and cry over their having added a player with that kind of scoring productivity to this offense. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

Whatever they do, I FULLY trust them. My thoughts here are giant smoke screen errors another team leaking it to try to juice us for more capital. Worst case scenario for me would be a real internal leak. Let's hope that's not the case. I've enjoyed the FO being tighter than a 🐸s bunghole

Just now, nedboy7 said:

I dont think you read the whole post.  Maybe a little ADD? 

“Like they have done to this team for 3 years in a row now.” Yeah, I read it. Wasn’t germane to my point, but if it makes you feel better, I read it. 

Ben Allbright who's called a few of the Bills recent picks is also among those that thinks Buffalo is going RB unless someone unexpectedly falls in their lap at 30. He specifically says McBeane don't want Allen to be taking a lot of hits anymore.

Edited by DCOrange

If it were me, I wouldn't take a RB in the first round.

I, like many of you, think guys that can run the ball are available all over the draft and I think you can find a good one just about everywhere.  I will say, if we are dead set on doing it, then a year like this one is the right one.  There aren't too many positions that you can get the best player in the draft at 30.  RB may be one of them.

If the Bills want to take him at 30, fine.....  I get it and he would be an upgrade for sure.  But there is no way I am trading up to do it.  If the Bills are looking to trade up, I hope it isn't for a RB.

Edited by sven233

These NFL "insiders" have a pretty sweet gig. If they're right, they take all the credit. If they're wrong, then it was the source's fault. And if you want them to prove there was a source, they claim they're journalists and that they don't reveal their sources.

If this story is true, then it's Beane trying to coax the Jets and Jags (and any other weak-minded franchise) into picking RBs in the 1st round, pushing the rest of the board down to #30.

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, The Governor said:

Where there’s smoke there’s fire.

Or a blown head gasket...

• Haha (+1) 1

Was watching some of Etienne's highlights. He really has a flair for making defenders miss. And the way Clemson's QB handed off, he always looked like he was going to keep the ball himself. I could see some serious misdirection with Josh doing the same and to keep the D honest run it himself occasionally. But to trade up for him? That sounds expensive for a RB.

• Thank you (+1) 1