McShay- Bills trying to move up above 23 for Etienne

I could imagine him hearing that the Bills are calling around to trade up, but how would he know who we are trying to trade up for? Is Beane telling teams why he wants to trade up? This is usual draft rumor garbage.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Like (+1) 16
  • Agree 8
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I trust Beane on this.  My gut says they need a dynamic playmaker more than anything, and because of the rest of the offseason moves have the room for a bit of a luxury pick.  I like Moss & Singletary but neither of them are game breakers, and neither one is keeping DCs up at night.  Etienne & Harris are. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I'm surprised to hear anything about the Bills' plans or movements.  Beane runs a pretty tight ship on information.  Must be the other side of the equation whispering in ears.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Jay_Fixit said:

LOL.

if there's one thing we can take to the bank, it's what a NFL GM says about his intentions in the weeks leading up to the draft.  You can set your clock to it, in fact

• Like (+1) 6

Just now, SCBills said:

This sounds like "Bills like Etienne" + "Jets/Jags like Etienne" + "Bills looking to jump both of them" = "Bills want to trade up for Etienne"

Or bills want everyone to think they want etienne so someone jumps up for him and other guys fall 

• Like (+1) 8
  • Agree 5

I would imagine every GM in the league is having discussions about possible moves in the 1st round. Maybe ETN’s was a potential target for Beane, but I’m sure he has others as well. 

Edited by Bangarang

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

Or bills want everyone to think they want etienne so someone jumps up for him and other guys fall 

Oh, for sure... I'm just stating where the assumption from McShay is likely coming from.   I highly doubt Beane is openly telling people he wants to trade up for Etienne.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, FFadpecr said:

Harris is NOT a game-breaker. What are you watching? He does not possess home-run speed.

I watched every game he played in college.  Never goes down on first hit, is fast enough, decent hands, and runs through people on a regular basis.  When he's not doing that he's hurdling them.  Some crazy stat about how many of his runs resulted in a 1st down, often times on a 1st down.  Did you watch him at all?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1