Call your shot: Who will the Bills pick in the 1st round?

Logic

J Ossai - with first pick.

But I think that the first pick is in the second round, traded w Philly for Z Ertz.  I think they'll do this because/if G Newsome is picked by then.

I'm thinking the Bills will be willing to risk the 7 pick step down because there they will know there will be enough good players to choose from.  They will have Ossai/ your man Tryon and maybe Oweh for edge and have several good WRs like T Marshall/K Toney/ E Moore/R Moore, that they know they will come out with a good player.  Given those I think they choose Ossai, they go D over the WR's because they picked up Ertz.  The RB stuff has been a smoke screen from the start.

• Dislike 1

Asante Samuel Jr.

CB will be a priority, and I think the top 4 are all gone by the time pick 30 rolls around.  Maybe most have him as a 2nd rounder.  But if Beane and Co like him, that's all that matters at 30 and get a potential 5th yr option on a premium position.  

If Samuel and top 4 CBs are gone by 30, then Zaven Collins is my pick.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

Asante Samuel Jr.

CB will be a priority, and I think the top 4 are all gone by the time pick 30 rolls around.  Maybe most have him as a 2nd rounder.  But if Beane and Co like him, that's all that matters at 30 and get a potential 5th yr option on a premium position.  

If Samuel and top 4 CBs are gone by 30, then Zaven Collins is my pick.  

This. If they stay at 30 and nothing weird happens with players dropping I think it is Asante Samuel Jr. McDermott was the D coordinator and secondary coach for his dad when he was making pro bowls. FSU plays zone. If McDermott has his way they will go CB and go with a familiar name he feels he can trust

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Special K said:

No one....I see a trade down to pick up an extra early third round pick.

That's by far the smartest way to go; though ironically I think a lot of Bills fans would be upset if we do it.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

I see a trade down and a trade up in the later rounds of the draft

3 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

I see a trade down and a trade up in the later rounds of the draft

Sitting idle for the 4th round will drive Beane crazy.  

Carlos Basham Jr. He has the size profile (6'4" " and 280 lb) and athleticism that matches what the Bills want from their DEs.  He is versatile (able to play in and out), hasn't gotten hurt, and has been consistently productive. 

Edited by dave mcbride