Call your shot: Who will the Bills pick in the 1st round?

Logic

Unfortunately, I think we are taking Etienne. I don't ever like taking a running back in the first due to positional value, but hopefully he will at least be good even though I will disagree with the pick. I would much rather have an edge rusher like Phillips, Oweh, or Tryon, but I think we wind up with Etienne.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Are you able to tell me who is left on the board?

Nope. 

I know that guessing who a team will draft is pretty tough when said team is picking 30th, but that's the game. 

youre GIF

Prediction #1: Bills take Asante Samuel Jr. with pick #30.

Prediction #2: The message boards and draftniks will say "that's a horrible reach."

Prediction #3: He will have a long and tremendously productive career.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Rigotz said:

Prediction #1: Bills take Asante Samuel Jr. with pick #30.

Prediction #2: The message boards and draftniks will say "that's a horrible reach."

Prediction #3: He will have a long and tremendously productive career.

I'm with you on Samuel Jr. I think he is going to be picked earlier than people think, and I think he's going to be a good pro for a long time. I don't know if I think the Bills will be the team to pull the trigger, though it certainly wouldn't shock me if they were. 

1 hour ago, Logic said:

So....You've gone through Brandon Beane's presser with a fine-tooth comb. You've debated and argued the comparative merits of pass rushers, corners, and running backs with everyone on The Stadium Wall. You've scoured Youtube highlight videos and analyst's big boards. You've done 50+ mock drafts on the Draft Network's simulator. Your thinking cap is worn out and you're ready for draft night to just GET HERE already!

I want to know, fellow Bills lunatics: Who do YOU think the Bills will select with their first round pick? Not who you WANT them to take, but who you think they WILL take. Not a list of five different players, not an "if, then" scenario, just a simple answer: Which player will the Bills take in round one? Let's see who among us is Carnac the Magnificent.

I'll start.

I believe that with the 30th pick in the draft, the Bills will select Joe Tryon, EDGE, Washington.

I know, I know: You've probably seen him listed as more of an early to mid second round pick. I don't buy it. He has prototypical size and athleticism. He had college productivity (8 sacks and 12.5 TFLs in 2019). He has burst. He has a high motor and solid football character. He posted an elite RAS. We know Beane and his staff like toolsy prospects.

Value wise? Dane Brugler has him ranked 32nd and Daniel Jeremiah has him ranked 35th on their respective big boards. Benjamin Allbright stated recently that not enough draftniks are talking abut Tryon, and that he will get drafted higher than people think.

When Brandon Beane talked about drafting for the future and getting someone who may not start this year, but can learn from players that might be on the last year of their deals and then can take over next year, I immediately thought of Jerry Hughes and Mario Addison. BOTH will be free agents after 2021, and the Bills simply cannot keep kicking the Edge rusher can down the road. They have Epenesa, sure, but they need another guy there with some juice and star potential. Tryon will learn under two great veteran rushers this season and, if all goes well, he and Epenesa will take over as the top two guys in 2022.

Whereas I believe the Bills can find a starting caliber corner in round two (and IOL/IDL/WR help later on), I do not believe they can find an edge with much promise much beyond round one. 

So that's my take, TBD. How about you? Who do YOU think the Bills will draft on Thursday night?

I believe, if he’s there, they will take Zaven Collins. I’m considering the “Lorax” effect.

• Like (+1) 1

They move up for JOK

Heard a good argument that you cant trade down this year, because the class is so weak that there's nobody that another team would trade up for.

Also, 2022 picks are gonna be more valuable than 2021, because of all the opt-outs and also the lack of a combine / medical evaluations.  This, even though the general wisdom is that next-year-picks are downgraded by one round, but not so this year (the argument goes).

Ergo, our 2022 pick(s) that we use for trade-up will be more valuable.  Teams in the low teens or early 20s will be super happy to trade out of those spots this year.

Edited by maddenboy
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Logic said:

So....You've gone through Brandon Beane's presser with a fine-tooth comb. You've debated and argued the comparative merits of pass rushers, corners, and running backs with everyone on The Stadium Wall. You've scoured Youtube highlight videos and analyst's big boards. You've done 50+ mock drafts on the Draft Network's simulator. Your thinking cap is worn out and you're ready for draft night to just GET HERE already!

I want to know, fellow Bills lunatics: Who do YOU think the Bills will select with their first round pick? Not who you WANT them to take, but who you think they WILL take. Not a list of five different players, not an "if, then" scenario, just a simple answer: Which player will the Bills take in round one? Let's see who among us is Carnac the Magnificent.

I'll start.

I believe that with the 30th pick in the draft, the Bills will select Joe Tryon, EDGE, Washington.

I know, I know: You've probably seen him listed as more of an early to mid second round pick. I don't buy it. He has prototypical size and athleticism. He had college productivity (8 sacks and 12.5 TFLs in 2019). He has burst. He has a high motor and solid football character. He posted an elite RAS. We know Beane and his staff like toolsy prospects.

Value wise? Dane Brugler has him ranked 32nd and Daniel Jeremiah has him ranked 35th on their respective big boards. Benjamin Allbright stated recently that not enough draftniks are talking abut Tryon, and that he will get drafted higher than people think.

When Brandon Beane talked about drafting for the future and getting someone who may not start this year, but can learn from players that might be on the last year of their deals and then can take over next year, I immediately thought of Jerry Hughes and Mario Addison. BOTH will be free agents after 2021, and the Bills simply cannot keep kicking the Edge rusher can down the road. They have Epenesa, sure, but they need another guy there with some juice and star potential. Tryon will learn under two great veteran rushers this season and, if all goes well, he and Epenesa will take over as the top two guys in 2022.

Whereas I believe the Bills can find a starting caliber corner in round two (and IOL/IDL/WR help later on), I do not believe they can find an edge with much promise much beyond round one. 

So that's my take, TBD. How about you? Who do YOU think the Bills will draft on Thursday night?

I was in the draft a RB squad, but after some thought I think they will throw a curve ball and grab a CB. I just have that feeling..

Edited by ChronicAndKnuckles