Call your shot: Who will the Bills pick in the 1st round?

Logic

1 hour ago, glazeduck said:

I don't think Rousseau's a McBeane type, personally.

Why do you think that? I was just reading some of the quoted articles from his wikipedia page and while it didn't have too much about his personality it seemed to be good. Was a wr/s in high school, Miami had to convince him to get a nasty streak to play DE because they thought it would make him a better player.

Just now, 4BillsintheBurgh said:

Why do you think that? I was just reading some of the quoted articles from his wikipedia page and while it didn't have too much about his personality it seemed to be good. Was a wr/s in high school, Miami had to convince him to get a nasty streak to play DE because they thought it would make him a better player.

Part scheme fit/part reading the tea leaves...

I think to get the most out of Rousseau he needs 30lbs and to be more of an interior DE -- a lot like Calais Campbell. I think that's a weird fit next to Epenesa who's a similar win with strength, motor, leverage, inside type. To me, more of a bendy win-around-the-edge guy makes more sense.

WRT to his personality -- I wouldn't say it's that, so much as a general disappointment in his testing. I know that's not all there is to a player, but when you've only got 1 year of college tape/production and then you sit out the next season, there's just not a lot to go off of. If I can't see that he's been working his butt off for his professional interview, I just have to question what he HAS been doing... I think Rousseau falls a lot farther than some think. 

3 minutes ago, glazeduck said:

Part scheme fit/part reading the tea leaves...

I think to get the most out of Rousseau he needs 30lbs and to be more of an interior DE -- a lot like Calais Campbell. I think that's a weird fit next to Epenesa who's a similar win with strength, motor, leverage, inside type. To me, more of a bendy win-around-the-edge guy makes more sense.

WRT to his personality -- I wouldn't say it's that, so much as a general disappointment in his testing. I know that's not all there is to a player, but when you've only got 1 year of college tape/production and then you sit out the next season, there's just not a lot to go off of. If I can't see that he's been working his butt off for his professional interview, I just have to question what he HAS been doing... I think Rousseau falls a lot farther than some think. 

Interesting, ok. I thought he checked a lot of boxes - versatility, young, raw, room to grow both physically and technique-wise. The proday didn't look elite though, you're right about that. It will be interesting to see who goes first between him and Oweh. 

42 minutes ago, 4BillsintheBurgh said:

Interesting, ok. I thought he checked a lot of boxes - versatility, young, raw, room to grow both physically and technique-wise. The proday didn't look elite though, you're right about that. It will be interesting to see who goes first between him and Oweh. 

Yeah I think what I'm saying is separating what "I think the Bills will do" with "what I think of Rousseau" -- there's a TON of biases and assumptions that go into all of that.

As a draft nerd, I like Rousseau the player and certainly see a path to him becoming a VERY good football player. As a Bills fan, I can see a lot of reasons why he doesn't make a super logical fit, but a lot of that is also how I would build a team, it's entirely possible the FO is excited about the idea.

I will say that they attempt to trade up somewhere in the 19-24 range to secure one of Paye or Newsome, if they are still there. If neither are there...

They stay at 30 and take one of the Edge rushers who remain between Phillips, Oweh, or Rousseau. If none of the three are there...

They take Etienne. If he is not there...

They trade out of the 1st Round.

Scenario nobody suspects: They eschew Farley's medicals and swing for the fences on his talent.

If you're pinning me down for one, I'll say they end up with Oweh because he has the type of measurables they covet and they will hope to coach him up. If they can't get Newsome but Farley is still there at 30 and they truly don't trust his medicals, I think they'll wait to grab their CB in Round 2 or Round 3. I also think they'll take at least two CBs in this draft (three, if you include S).  

GO BILLS!!! 

Very hard to say, but I will guess Tyson Campbell with an outside shot of taking either DE Joe Tryon or Payton Turner.  Oweh would be the ultimate gamble on greatness.

5 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Trade down with Eagles. Our 30 for their 37 and Ertz. Tomorrow we take either of the Moore WR, Rondale or Elijah, or KadariusToney, and we drive defenses insane. 

I’ll take a trade down, but prefer a draft pick instead of Ertz - he was great, but I fear he’s spent.