Call your shot: Who will the Bills pick in the 1st round?

Logic

7 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

I could be wrong. I also suspect that they weren't particularly thrilled with Star last season. But I'm guessing here. I just don't think they want guys who think there's a bigger world out there than football and the team culture that goes with it.

That imo, would show a very dark side to SMs personality, and would in the short and long term tend to drive players away from wanting to hitch their wagons (families) to the Bills train,  it would appear to go against all the “we are a family and love one another” talk that SM so readily professes, jmo. 

I will predict trading back to the 2nd, getting Harris and then using the 61st pick on the best available defensive player.    I would prefer that they not pick a running back this early but would much rather have Harris than Etienne if they did go that route.   

1 hour ago, 4merper4mer said:

An Edmunds bash.  You’re surprised?

Not surprised by that but am surprised about projecting Werner to MLB. Maybe in an odd front. He’s a 4-3 SAM, if he played in the middle in college it was only because the true mlb was injured or something 

23 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Not surprised by that but am surprised about projecting Werner to MLB. Maybe in an odd front. He’s a 4-3 SAM, if he played in the middle in college it was only because the true mlb was injured or something 

He plays like a heat-seeking missile.  Tough, instinctive leader who tackles the right way.  And I think he’s big and rangy enough to man the middle.  He looks like Speilman to me, just needs to add a bit more weight.

Edited by Coach Tuesday

6 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

He plays like a heat-seeking missile.  Tough, instinctive leader who tackles the right way.  And I think he’s big and rangy enough to man the middle.  He looks like Speilman to me, just needs to add a bit more weight.

He’s big enough but he is more of a Milano type player 

I’m not saying he couldn’t do it but I don’t think it’s a natural fit. Jmo - maybe it would work 

Edited by YoloinOhio

I am not going to guess who the Bills draft. BUT, I will put my money on them moving up and trading next yrs 1 to do so. Bills are gonna go with the mentality that theyll be drafting 30 or later again next yr, and use that 1 as a win now mind set.   Just Have no clue who'd they convey in moving up. Player would need to drop at least to mid teens. 

15 minutes ago, dbfla10 said:

I am not going to guess who the Bills draft. BUT, I will put my money on them moving up and trading next yrs 1 to do so. Bills are gonna go with the mentality that theyll be drafting 30 or later again next yr, and use that 1 as a win now mind set.   Just Have no clue who'd they convey in moving up. Player would need to drop at least to mid teens. 

Damn that'd be crazy but if they did that I could only guess a handful of players: JOK, Surtain, Horn, or maybe the top edge. I see it unlikely but you never know I guess.

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, dbfla10 said:

I'm thinking/hoping for the opposite.  If their targeted value player is gone (G Newsome) they will trade back with Philly seven spots and get Z Ertz.

The mentality is to have a balance: Strive to be good for a long time - which means drafting good players at expensive positions yet have short term year over year improvements (TE1 Ertz > D Knox).

24 minutes ago, Einstein's Dog said:

I'm thinking/hoping for the opposite.  If their targeted value player is gone (G Newsome) they will trade back with Philly seven spots and get Z Ertz.

The mentality is to have a balance: Strive to be good for a long time - which means drafting good players at expensive positions yet have short term year over year improvements (TE1 Ertz > D Knox).

If they get Ertz and the eagles 37th for our 1, I am all for that. Drop 7spots and pick an immediate impact player. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

They will trade out of the spot.  Just have a feeling.

That seems to be Beane’s MO, and he never moves back, so I’m thinking we end up picking in the early 20’s.  I think it’s a bad move, because at that part of the draft, you really don’t know who’s going to be available.  Identify 3 or 4 guys you want at that spot and wait for your pick to come up.

4 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

Asante Samuel CB. If he is gone they will take the next corner up. 

Bank on it.

One thing you can bank on is that if Bean likes a player he will go get him , I don’t think Bean will settle on taking what ever CB will fall to him at 30 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1