Call your shot: Who will the Bills pick in the 1st round?

Logic

2 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

Starting to have a gut feeling that Gregory Rousseau will be the pick unless someone unexpectedly slides.

I may be in the minority but I think Rousseau has Calias Campbell with a slightly higher ceiling potential. I would be pleased landing him.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Dont Stop Billeiving said:

Greg Newsome II. Has 4.38 speed, led the FBS in passer rating against (15.77), and only allowed one completion of 10+ yard downfield in 2020. Fingers crossed he makes it to #30. 

Looking like little to no chance that happens imo

3 minutes ago, TheBeaneBandit said:

I may be in the minority but I think Rousseau has Calias Campbell with a slightly higher ceiling potential. I would be pleased landing him.

I'm not going to pretend I've watched legit full film on a lot of prospects this year outside of the QBs as I always do, but I've watched a few games of Rousseau's and his film just isn't very good, especially when he's coming off the edge. But having said that, he has some tools that don't come along every day, good production (though I don't think the numbers paint a good picture of what he really is right now) and if I recall correctly, one of the guys on their defensive staff used to work for us. I think he checks a lot of the boxes that we tend to favor.

10 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

Starting to have a gut feeling that Gregory Rousseau will be the pick unless someone unexpectedly slides.

Yeah....I’m thinking it one of the pass rushers with good upside.  Oweh, Tryon, Ossai or Rousseau then CB/WR or CB/OL in rd 2-3.  

I think we might be able to get better value if we go CB rd 1 (Tyson Campbell, Newsome will be gone) and pass rusher rd 2 or later.  The only corner I’d be excited about after rd 1 would be Adebo.  I’d settle for melinfonwu, Joseph, stokes, Rochelle, Trill, Williams.  Molden just seems to be a Taron replacement .

There could be a handful of possible options at pass rusher in rd 2-5 (Perkins, Tryon, Ossai, Turner, Basham, roche, smith, Jones, weaver, smith, Toney, kaindoh).

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

Our DEs are old too...

I agree your point is valid....but...

I think the DE crop thats available when we pick needs a lot of schooling and will not help the team now.

We have Epenesa 22 Johnson 24 Cox 26, Love 27 and Obada 29 the Bills could add another project DE in the 2nd or 3rd  

The WR crop is deeper and the Bills could get a prospect that is ready to play now.

What ever happens I trust Beane and his team to get the best value and prospect for the Bills.

Edited by JMF2006
used team twice in a sentence and it just didn't sound right ;)

48 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

I agree your point is valid....but...

I think the DE crop thats available when we pick needs a lot of schooling and will not help the team now.

We have Epenesa 22 Johnson 24 Cox 26, Love 27 and Obada 29 the Bills could add another project DE in the 2nd or 3rd  

The WR crop is deeper and the Bills could get a prospect that is ready to play now.

What ever happens I trust Beane and his team to get the best value and prospect for the Bills.

Fair comments...however other than Epenesa, the othes you have listed are JAGS..

On the flip side, with Diggs, Beas, Davis and Saunders how much can a rookie WR add to that group in 2021?

I think it’s a moot point though until you see who is actually on the board when they pick.. 

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I think far from thriving Samuel struggles in zone. 

I am going to call my shot and say Etienne. 

I came out of Beane's presser last week thinking it was corner to start now, edge or receiver to start later or Travis Etienne. So given the Etienne buzz I will stick with that. 

My second / third guesses would be Jayson Oweh and Joseph Ossai. 

What about his workload in college - quite heavy with 650+ carries and 800+ touches.  I’d stay away unless you are drafting  him for only about 3 years and then will move on.

The more I think about it, it could be Elijah Moore. Beane talked about a long term pick. We know that hes once again shown a lot of interest in the WR group again this year. 

Well Moore does the #1 thing that Beane covets at the WR position. 

Moore is the best WR in the class at creating separation. 

I saw another tweet earlier which gave the exact yards of separation he created but I cannot find it atm. Regardless he was #1. 

• Like (+1) 4

4 hours ago, DCOrange said:

I'm not going to pretend I've watched legit full film on a lot of prospects this year outside of the QBs as I always do, but I've watched a few games of Rousseau's and his film just isn't very good, especially when he's coming off the edge. But having said that, he has some tools that don't come along every day, good production (though I don't think the numbers paint a good picture of what he really is right now) and if I recall correctly, one of the guys on their defensive staff used to work for us. I think he checks a lot of the boxes that we tend to favor.

Yeah as I believe @GunnerBill pointed out earlier this offseason when you watch his tape you see a lot of Leonard Floyd in him in his pass rush off the edge.  But I think his ceiling is higher though because he's a physically much bigger, stronger player and his one season at Miami was almost as productive as Floyd's 3 at Georgia.   Floyd never produced so it's not a surprise he's never put up huge numbers.  To me the thing he has that Floyd and Calais Campbell don't have are those 11" hands for tackling.   They make his wingspan a bit more functional so I think he has a chance snare a lot of unassisted/shoestring tackles and pile up TFL's and more sacks than you'd expect from someone who isn't pretty technique-wise.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

You know who else thinks so?

Calais Campbell.

The sad thing is........Tremaine Edmunds has about the same wingspan as Campbell and Rousseau but with legit 4.5 speed........aaaaand he's laboring to make any impactful plays at MLB and got spun around like a top in coverage last year.    I think sometimes people forget why he was seen by some as the best pass rushing prospect in his draft.