Call your shot: Who will the Bills pick in the 1st round?

Logic

Just now, Dont Stop Billeiving said:

Greg Newsome II. Has 4.38 speed, led the FBS in passer rating against (15.77), and only allowed one completion of 10+ yard downfield in 2020. Fingers crossed he makes it to #30. 

I would love to get him but it's looking increasingly likely that they'll have to make a move up to get him.

• Agree 3

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

When I mocked Newsome to us in my first mock in February it caused uproar.... now I think it would be greeted with pretty much delight!

Except by the 'Etienne or Bust' crowd. :beer:

• Haha (+1) 1

I think I'd prefer a CB if they stay at 30,  but I suspect that they're going to try to take some pressure off Allen and upgrade their running game with a RB or maybe even an interior OL.   Given that,  I'm saying Najee Harris at 30 or Javonte Williams if they trade back from 30 into R2. 

4 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I believe both Bandit and Kirby left in the covid wars over on PPP. A loss to the board.

You gotta' be kidding me.

There is no good reason for anyone to ever go in there.......the first time is as bad of a decision as drafting a RB in round 1.

Agree on Basham, IMO he projects closer to a Courtney Upshaw impact than a Melvin Ingram ceiling on the Shaq-ometer of limited pass rushers.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

You gotta' be kidding me.

There is no good reason for anyone to ever go in there.......the first time is as bad of a decision as drafting a RB in round 1.

Agree on Basham, IMO he projects closer to a Courtney Upshaw impact than a Melvin Ingram ceiling on the Shaq-ometer of limited pass rushers.

Shaq-o-meter - love it!  (And the joke about 1st round RBs!) That said, he at least measures as more athletic than Shaq. He was apparently timed at 4.59 or 4.62, which is pretty darn fast for a big man. Still, lots of doubts about him: https://primetimesportstalk.com/2021/04/26/2021-nfl-draft-scouting-report-carlos-basham/

Edited by dave mcbride
  • Thank you (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Shaq-o-meter - love it!  (And the joke about 1st round RBs!) That said, he at least measures as more athletic than Shaq. He was apparently timed at 4.59 or 4.62, which is pretty darn fast for a big man. Still, lots of doubts about him: https://primetimesportstalk.com/2021/04/26/2021-nfl-draft-scouting-report-carlos-basham/

Yeah he's not a 1:1 match with Shaq physically but he falls in that range of guys whose sum of parts just don't add up to be effective pass rushers.

Also I am taking these pro day times with two grains this year........I'm thinking there was some truly excessive fudgery with a lot of these #'s.....and if your school wasn't cheating for you in this environment they probably weren't trying.  

The NFL ain't complaining.........there is a huge amount of interest in a draft where the injury brigade already projects to start coming off the board in the middle of round 1. 

• Like (+1) 1

I think they will take a CB at #30. Not sure which one, but I believe CB will have the BPA at #30, AND the potential to have the biggest impact this year as a starter in the CB#2 spot.

After that, if not a CB, then I believe it will be a RB. I had been thinking Harris the last couple of months, but now Beane's smokescreens are working on me and I can see them making a play for Etienne too.

If Kwity Paye makes it to #21 I can envision a scenario where the Bills trade up with the Colts, who love to trade down & who also dotn currently have a 3rd round pick.

The cost would be this years 3rd and 5th round pick......or this years 3rd and next years 4th, which Ballard would probably prefer.

Colts probably feel they can get one of the T prospects @ #30 that they like (Liam Eichenberg) & I took the news yesterday that the Bills were looking to trade up for Etienne as a sign perhaps there's a pass rusher they might want to come up for. I think Kwity Paye seems to make sense. I'd put Jaelan Phillips in that category too but his concussion history makes me think he wouldn't be a Bills pick.

BILLS select Kwity Paye with the 21st pick

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, DCOrange said:

Starting to have a gut feeling that Gregory Rousseau will be the pick unless someone unexpectedly slides.

Not gonna tip my final mock v3.0 which will be out Thursday morning UK time, but I have Rousseau still on the board when the Bills go on the clock for the first time... and I am starting to think it is very possible he is....

• Sad 1