Call your shot: Who will the Bills pick in the 1st round?

Logic

6 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

Carlos Basham Jr. He has the size profile (6'4" " and 280 lb) and athleticism that matches what the Bills want from their DEs.  He is versatile (able to play in and out), hasn't gotten hurt, and has been consistently productive. 

I tend to agree with the draft network guys who see him as duplicitous with the other seemingly limited ceiling pass rushers Addison and Epenesa that they already have.

At DE in a 4-3........if you're juice-less you're useless.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Calling that we trade back.

A couple of offensive players always slide and CBs and DEs are always coveted. Not wanting to pick through that wreckage McBeane decide to trade back.

Honorable mention that we go best WR available.

12 hours ago, DJB said:

Asante Samuel is my guess. 

Newsome if he lasts would also work. Both these two corners can play off and thrive in zone. 

I think far from thriving Samuel struggles in zone. 

I am going to call my shot and say Etienne. 

I came out of Beane's presser last week thinking it was corner to start now, edge or receiver to start later or Travis Etienne. So given the Etienne buzz I will stick with that. 

My second / third guesses would be Jayson Oweh and Joseph Ossai. 

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I think far from thriving Samuel struggles in zone. 

I am going to call my shot and say Etienne. 

I came out of Beane's presser last week thinking it was corner to start now, edge or receiver to start later or Travis Etienne. So given the Etienne buzz I will stick with that. 

My second / third guesses would be Jayson Oweh and Joseph Ossai. 

I don't like what the Bills have to give up to get Etienne. It's not a running back league anymore and that position is serverly devalued. We really need only to be serviceable at the position. I believe the O line and scheme had much to do with the Bills poor running attack. I think with Moss, Motor, Brieda, better blocking, and better run schemes the Bills running attack can be ok. This team will ride Allen and it's receivers. Imho, Etienne is not worth the price for the Bills. 

10 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

Carlos Basham Jr. He has the size profile (6'4" " and 280 lb) and athleticism that matches what the Bills want from their DEs.  He is versatile (able to play in and out), hasn't gotten hurt, and has been consistently productive. 

Seriously doubt Basham has the football character they look for.  He’s widely seen as underachieving and entitled - not their type of player.

All of this reminds me - where the &$@$” is @thebandit27 ?  I miss his annual predictions.

• Agree 1

I trust Beane/McD no matter who they finally draft. Drafting at 30th is tough one because so many top players will be gone.

My thinking is trading up for a supposed RB is all smoke and if they truly are thinking of trading up to #20 or so its for a CB/DE Edge rusher.

I wouldn't be upset should the Bills draft a RB either.  I also wonder what a guy like TE Zach Ertz would do for the Bills offense, provided he is fully healthy. 

14 hours ago, Special K said:

No one....I see a trade down to pick up an extra early third round pick.

Wuss.  🤪🏈. Just like you K to take the easy way out.  Seriously, you might be right.

Ill follow Logic’s direction and say Ettiene.

13 hours ago, Logic said:

Nope. 

I know that guessing who a team will draft is pretty tough when said team is picking 30th, but that's the game. 

youre GIF

Sim Sala Bim oh great one the magnificent. 

57 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Seriously doubt Basham has the football character they look for.  He’s widely seen as underachieving and entitled - not their type of player.

All of this reminds me - where the &$@$” is @thebandit27 ?  I miss his annual predictions.

I believe both Bandit and Kirby left in the covid wars over on PPP. A loss to the board.

1 hour ago, newcam2012 said:

I don't like what the Bills have to give up to get Etienne. It's not a running back league anymore and that position is serverly devalued. We really need only to be serviceable at the position. I believe the O line and scheme had much to do with the Bills poor running attack. I think with Moss, Motor, Brieda, better blocking, and better run schemes the Bills running attack can be ok. This team will ride Allen and it's receivers. Imho, Etienne is not worth the price for the Bills. 

I don't really disagree. I don't see the value in a back in round 1 (although I do put at least as much blame for our running struggles on the two backs as I do the blocking - they were as bad as each other to my eye). 

My prediction of Etienne is not what I'd do. I am starting to believe it might be what the Bills do based on Beane's own words.

• Like (+1) 1

The more I think about it a WR makes sense.

Bease and Emu are 32 and 34 and after that we have Gabe , Kumerow plus McKittrick and a couple of unprovens in Hodges and Gentry.

So I say BWRA(best WR available)

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

The more I think about it a WR makes sense.

Bease and Emu are 32 and 34 and after that we have Gabe , Kumerow plus McKittrick and a couple of unprovens in Hodges and Gentry.

So I say BWRA(best WR available)

Our DEs are old too...

• Agree 2

It's really amazing after last season ended I thought there would be very few possibilities where they would be going for the first round pick in the draft this year but here we are 2 days out and the possibilities are endless. There's so many different ways they can go.

16 hours ago, Logic said:

Okay, okay. I get it. I think a trade-down or trade-up is a reasonable possibility, too.

What I'm trying to ask here, though, is who do you think they'll take with their first pick? Pretend I didn't say "who will they pick in the 1st round", but instead said  "Who will be their first selection". This is a player prognostication exercise.

A potential pro player prognostication proposal? Piquant proposition!

Um, Humphrey. I don't have any confidence in that. My best guess, honestly, is Tryon, but you already took him. I was very tempted by Oweh and Rousseau as well, but I guess I think they end up trading back because the top four at CB and DE are each gone. Jeez.

EDIT: Dammit, Oweh.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, dave mcbride said:

There were covid wars on PPP? I am so glad I never check it. 

The right wing troll army took over PPP several years ago and it’s become a real cesspool.  That said, I didn’t think Bandit got caught up in those convos.  Could be wrong. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I tend to agree with the draft network guys who see him as duplicitous with the other seemingly limited ceiling pass rushers Addison and Epenesa that they already have.

At DE in a 4-3........if you're juice-less you're useless.

I really don’t know a ton about him but have read that his athleticism is above average. He was productive, and his size is good. 

2 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

There were covid wars on PPP? I am so glad I never check it. 

I never go on there either but that is what I was told. 

Just now, dave mcbride said:

I really don’t know a ton about him but have read that his athleticism is above average. He was productive, and his size is good. 

He was productive by overpowering tackles that will not sniff the league. He doesn't have elite explosion, or elite hands, or a lot of refined technical pass rush moves. I don't know how he wins at the NFL level. I think he can be a solid starting edge who will play the run well and give you 3-5 sacks a year in clean up situations but I don't see a guy who will win often in pass rush situations. 

• Like (+1) 2