Call your shot: Who will the Bills pick in the 1st round?

Logic

1 hour ago, Allen2Diggs said:

Greg Newsome if he's there. Long zone coverage corner who can start opposite Tre on day 1

When he ran a sub 4.40 40 at his pro day the days of him making it to 30 evaporated. Need to go get him in the low 20s.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, Logic said:

When Brandon Beane talked about drafting for the future and getting someone who may not start this year, but can learn from players that might be on the last year of their deals and then can take over next year, I immediately thought of Jerry Hughes and Mario Addison. BOTH will be free agents after 2021, and the Bills simply cannot keep kicking the Edge rusher can down the road. They have Epenesa, sure, but they need another guy there with some juice and star potential. Tryon will learn under two great veteran rushers this season and, if all goes well, he and Epenesa will take over as the top two guys in 2022.

Whereas I believe the Bills can find a starting caliber corner in round two (and IOL/IDL/WR help later on), I do not believe they can find an edge with much promise much beyond round one. 

So that's my take, TBD. How about you? Who do YOU think the Bills will draft on Thursday night?

Saving a FORTUNE with Josh being due for a new deal. It certainly works in that respect, though I know next to nothing about the player. I read and learn this time of year.  Thanks! 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, qwksilver said:

When he ran a sub 4.40 40 at his pro day the days of him making it to 30 evaporated. Need to go get him in the low 20s.

Cornerback and pass-rusher are the only positions I'm willing to trade up for. They're expensive in free agency and worth the investment. If a 3rd round pick can move us up into the early 20s and we can get us Newsome or Farley (though he may fall to us due to injuries) I'm all for it.

Edited by Allen2Diggs
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Allen2Diggs said:

Cornerback and pass-rusher are the only positions I'm willing to trade up for. They're expensive in free agency and worth the investment. If a 3rd round pick can move us up into the early 20s and we can get us Newsome or Farley (though he may fall to us due to injuries) I'm all for it.

I feel like Levi Wallace is ok but an upgrade could walk into the building and be a starter, so I'm in for CB as the 1st pick, especially Newsome.

• Like (+1) 1

Eric Stokes CB UGA.  Great speed, performed well against top SEC receivers, and overachiever compared to his 3 star status out of HS.  Maybe a reach at 30, but seems like Bills kind of guy.

would love him for Bills in round 2

7 hours ago, BringBackFlutie said:

Erik Flowers.

"When ya gotta go, ya gotta go!"

-Jerry Hughes

Boy that brings bad memories.  What a horrendous pick that was for so many reasons.    Maybe even worse than trading up for McCargo.

I’d be stoked if we stayed put or even traded up a couple spots and landed:

1. JOK

2. Newsome

3. Collins

4. Paye

I’d be happy if we stayed put or traded down a few spots for:

1. R Moore

2. Basham

3. Rousseau

4. Moehrig

I’m also fine with basically any other pass rusher if the FO is confident in them (even though they haven’t proved great at picking d line thus far)

In the end I think the bills end up selecting Collins at pick 30. 🥳 

Edited by NeverOutNick