Falcons Shopping Julio Jones

1 minute ago, TBBills said:

He would be our #2 opposite of Diggs.

That would be pretty awesome....Some Lofton action??

It would be VERY difficult to defend...I suppose we'd let Sanders go in this scenario? If we did, it wouldn't stunt Davis's development too much...

Initially, I didn't think it'd be worth it, but man...Diggs and Jones on the outside.  Beas feasting in the slot. Davis in for 4WR sets. Perhaps some Knox sightings...

Also, I heard any trade would NOT include any 2021 draft picks, so it's all future picks...It makes a bit of a difference IMO.

Very interesting possibility that I didn't think I'd even like initially....

• Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

1st rounder for a 33 year old WR making $15m this year?   Good luck with that.  

Team trading for him would have him under contract for two seasons at $11.5M per year.  Still, I agree that no one is giving up a first round pick for him.  I don’t know what he’d be worth, but it’s not a first round pick or anything close to that 

Edited by BarleyNY

Gruden: "Let's talk about my favorite play, Spider 2 Y Banana. See, the quarterback..."

Mayock: "Sorry to cut you off, Jon, but a past-his-prime wide receiver with a flashy resume just became available".

Gruden:

GIF by Barstool Sports

Edited by Logic
  • Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, H2o said:

Too expensive, often injured, and on the decline. 

What? Besides last year he's only missed 4 games in the past 6 seasons while posting 1400+ yards in each one of them. One season does not make a player injury prone.

Also, you say on the decline? He put 771 yards in only NINE games last year. What does that project to for a full season?

I do agree on the compensation it would take to get, but if they somehow did (which they won't) you can't deny you wouldn't be excited af

Edited by ChronicAndKnuckles

2 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

I was thinking Kyle Pitts

I've been thinking the Falcons really want to trade down, with Kyle Pitts as the backup plan if nobody gives them a good enough deal.

If you really think about it, Pitts is really the only player to make sense (unless they are looking to trade Julio Jones).

- In March, they restructured Matt Ryan's contract to give themselves more cap space.  But in doing so, they basically made it impossible to cut/trade him until 2023.  If they are considering a QB at #4, it was beyond stupid to commit themselves to Ryan for another two years.  

- With Jake Matthews (LT) and Kaleb McGary (RT), they have a lot invested at Offensive Tackle already.  Hard to see them going for a player like Penei Sewell or Rashawn Slater in the Top 10, just so they can push someone inside to Guard.

- This draft really doesn't have defensive players worthy of a Top 5 pick.  They could probably trade down and land one of the top Cornerbacks, Edge Rushers or Linebackers.

- I also figured Wide Receiver was a long-shot, since they already have Jones and Calvin Ridley.  If they are looking at the market for Jones, that tells me they are possibly considering Ja'Marr Chase at #4.

26 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

What? Besides last year he's only missed 4 games in the past 6 seasons while posting 1400+ yards in each one of them. One season does not make a player injury prone.

Also, you say on the decline? He put 771 yards in only NINE games last year. What does that project to for a full season?

I do agree on the compensation it would take to get, but if they somehow did (which they won't) you can't deny you wouldn't be excited af

The games played doesn't tell the entire story. Julio is on the injury report every week, from like week two on, pretty much every year. He's 32, it's not gonna get any better. Would I take him here? Absolutely. Would I act like we had won the SB if we did? Nah. There's not a team in the NFL that wouldn't want him, but at what cost? He's not gonna be worth the money he thinks he is imo. I'd rather draft another young WR. 

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

Terrible fit for us

We already have a really strong, and deep, WR corps. Adding a guy like Julio would produce diminishing returns (we can only throw the ball so many times in a game). That's not even accounting the draft capital we'd have to spend and the shenanigans we'd have to pull to be cap compliant. 

WR group is thin and reliant on two older players, adding a third would be insanity. The Bills need Terrace Marshall much more than a broken Julio. 

Edited by CommonCents
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, TailgateChef said:

And do we even need another downfield WR?  Would his presence mean less reps for G. Davis?

Not worth it.

CERTAINLY not another old and expensive WR.  At some point we could use some youth to fill in and grow into the spots held by the older guys now. We’re good for this year, but as Beane said, we also need to look toward the future. 

Edited by Augie