Peter King Mock- Bills take Etienne

1 hour ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

4.41 and 4.43 isn't world class speed when it comes to the NFL. 

He's faster than Singletary and Moss, but unless he steps in and becomes the feature back, does anyone really expect him to be split out like a WR and take targets away from Beasley, Diggs, Davis and Sanders? 

I hope not, because that means we're dumping off constantly. And as good as Kamara and McCaffery are individually, they cap their teams own offense because everything revolves around 4-7 yard dumpoffs. Too many touches to one player, and their offense becomes stale.  

I am not in favor of drafting him, largely because he has 788 touches over 55 college games. He's old in dog years, as they say. That is a LOT of hits. He "only" averaged 5.4 ypc in 2020 after averaging a ridiculous 8.1 and 7.8 in the previous two seasons, but you can't hide the fact that the trendline pointed downward this season after 460 touches in 30 games the previous two seasnos. However, he is not a dump off guy (and nor is Kamara) -- he averaged 12.3 ypr on 48 catches last year and 11.7 on 37 the year before, and it wasn't because he was taking dumpoffs to the house with regularity. He has more ability to do actual wide receiver stuff than most RB prospects. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Greg S said:

I hope that changes and the Bills become more balanced. Look at the 90's teams. Kelly threw the ball all over the place to Reed, Lofton and so on but everyone knew the key to the Bills offense was Thurman. I like watching Josh throw it as well but for a team that plays outside with many games in the cold and wind they need to run the ball better. Plus what happens when the Bills have the ball late in the 4th quarter and the lead. They need to do a better job running out the clock when the situation calls for it and that means running the ball successfully.

You don't want the Bills to be more balanced... Why do people want to run away from the strength of this team, Josh's arm.

2 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

Peter King is not your friend

image.png.928adc75ad986b1e2d3e4a03d6618974.png

Peter King is stuck in the 80's

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, billspro said:

I don’t like our edge room at all right now. We have two older players that could get worse at any moment and two rotational DEs that haven’t shown the ability to get to the QB yet. Please draft edge in round 1🙏

You don’t draft edge just because you think you need to. There has to be a fit. We might be in the “meh” range in regards to edge unless we trade up. Imo we already have a slow young de and we need a twitchy quick athlete like Paye in a trade up if possible. Otherwise...go with BPA. 

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, TBBills said:

You don't want the Bills to be more balanced... Why do people want to run away from the strength of this team, Josh's arm.

Peter King is stuck in the 80's

On the flip side if the Bills have a stronger running game (not Josh running) then that will make the passing game that much more dangerous. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

You don’t draft edge just because you think you need to. There has to be a fit. We might be in the “meh” range in regards to edge unless we trade up. Imo we already have a slow young de and we need a twitchy quick athlete like Paye in a trade up if possible. Otherwise...go with BPA. 

Well it is a need though, that's not an opinion. The Colts Playoff game showed a team that got zero pressure.  

Jerry Hughes has been a fixture here, but regardless of PFF's rating (75.3), he's not a sack master. 

Did anyone notice Addison last year? 

And after those two, the Bills have "guys".

Is anyone betting their paycheck on Epenesa after last season? 

2 minutes ago, The Governor said:

He’s bigger than I thought he was. Did he add weight through the process?

In the game against Ohio State, he looked like he was on the Doughnut Diet. 

1 hour ago, Maynard said:

I know most aren’t on board with taking a rb in the 1st (including myself), but King does make some solid points. I could quickly warm up to us taking Etienne. 

My favorite part was that I had to scroll all the way down to #30 to see the Bills pick. I’m not accustomed to having to demonstrate that kind of patience! Let’s keep drafting in that range! I could get used to it! 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

I am not in favor of drafting him, largely because he has 788 touches over 55 college games. He's old in dog years, as they say. That is a LOT of hits. He "only" averaged 5.4 ypc in 2020 after averaging a ridiculous 8.1 and 7.8 in the previous two seasons, but you can't hide the fact that the trendline pointed downward this season after 460 touches in 30 games the previous two seasnos. However, he is not a dump off guy (and nor is Kamara) -- he averaged 12.3 ypr on 48 catches last year and 11.7 on 37 the year before, and it wasn't because he was taking dumpoffs to the house with regularity. He has more ability to do actual wide receiver stuff than most RB prospects. 

I don't think the Bills should take a RB in the 1st Round given their roster. 

For that investment, he would have to become their feature back. Not a sprinkle player, who by Week 6 we're asking why he isn't on the field more, and the answer we get is he can't pass block. 

And if he's a feature back and catching passes, it means we throw less. 

It's too easy in the NFL to negate a good RB. Etienne catching 7 passes a game is not going to lead to victories in the Playoffs. 

The Bills need help on both lines and in the secondary. 

• Disagree 1

In King’s mock, no worthy corners are left at 30. Azeez Ojulari, Zaven Collins, Christian Barmore, Trevon Moehrig, Creed Humphrey, and Landon Dickerson are all still available. One could argue that any one of them would help this team more than Etienne.

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 4

9 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Well it is a need though, that's not an opinion. The Colts Playoff game showed a team that got zero pressure.  

Jerry Hughes has been a fixture here, but regardless of PFF's rating (75.3), he's not a sack master. 

Did anyone notice Addison last year? 

And after those two, the Bills have "guys".

Is anyone betting their paycheck on Epenesa after last season? 

I dont think anyone would disagree with the things you state here.

The problem is this draft sucks for DE talent. There isn't even a single top guy that is a MUST in the top-10. The entire "top" of the class looks to be on par with Epenesa. I dont see anyone that would step in and make an impact this year.

So we can't get desperate and reach for need in the 1st.

4 minutes ago, FFadpecr said:

This is the best possible scenario for the Bills.

You're never stopping Mahomes anyway, so might as well load up on Offense and outscore them.

TB showed you how to stop Mahomes. Unfortunately the Bills don't have a front 4 on D like TB does.

38 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

The number of touches is concerning for sure, but like you said ETN would help the passing game even more not only with a running threat, but more actual passing options. I too have a few other positions as preference, but ETN may be BPA by far.

19 minutes ago, FFadpecr said:

Completely wrong. Such narrow-minded thinking. Josh Allen is the franchise player. 1st and foremost, before you worry about anything else, you help HIM first. The rest will take care of itself. If Josh Allen gets the final piece (which is ETN) he is scoring on every offensive possession basically.

No, none of them help this team more than ETN.

Did you sleep through the AFC Championship game?

The Chiefs scored 38 points on our defense. EASILY. They just toyed with us. It looked like JV vs the varsity squad. If Gale Sayers and Jim Brown had a baby, and that baby played running back for the Bills in the AFCCG, the chiefs would’ve still won handily.

By the way, if you want another weapon for Josh in the passing game in the form of a receiving back, ETN ain’t that guy. Harris is.

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

19 minutes ago, Greg S said:

TB showed you how to stop Mahomes. Unfortunately the Bills don't have a front 4 on D like TB does.

It would also take at least 2 seasons to build a front 4 even close to TB. Also, good luck with KC being down to all 3rd and 2nd stringers on the Oline every time we play em'. 

Edited by TheBeaneBandit
More words

One more thing: just building around a QB does NOT ensure that the rest will “just take care of itself”. Ask Russell Wilson or Dak Prescott. Defense still exists, and it still matters. 

2 minutes ago, TheBeaneBandit said:

It would also take at least 2 seasons to build a front 4 even close to TB. Also, good luck with KC being down to all 3rd and 2nd stringers on the Oline every time we play em'. 

You’re right. We just shouldn’t even bother then.

Not like we plan to be competing with them for the next decade or anything. 

1 minute ago, Logic said:

One more thing: just building around a QB does NOT ensure that the rest will “just take care of itself”. Ask Russell Wilson or Dak Prescott. Defense still exists, and it still matters. 

For sure. It's just a tall order with what is also a very weak draft at pass rusher.

2 hours ago, billspro said:

I don’t like our edge room at all right now. We have two older players that could get worse at any moment and two rotational DEs that haven’t shown the ability to get to the QB yet. Please draft edge in round 1🙏

Not drafting at best player available is not going to improve that edge room I don’t know who the best available player is in this draft for us but that is the one I want to take