Zaven Collins is my choice

Excellent choice, he’s a very good player but since we play in nickel most of the time, I wonder how many snaps he’d get. It would only make sense if Edmunds got traded and we plugged him into MLB, but I don’t see that happening. Boogie Basham would be my choice, even at 30 but some see him as a RD2 pick. If there is no pass rusher worthy of our first pick, why not go corner there? To me it’s either DE or CB.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

Excellent choice, he’s a very good player but since we play in nickel most of the time, I wonder how many snaps he’d get. It would only make sense if Edmunds got traded and we plugged him into MLB, but I don’t see that happening. Boogie Basham would be my choice, even at 30 but some see him as a RD2 pick. If there is no pass rusher worthy of our first pick, why not go corner there? To me it’s either DE or CB.

In nickel he'd replace a DL. 

• Like (+1) 1

You’re making a leap he is a 4-3 DE.  Fine with me as he has talent as long as you know he rotates with epenesa and can penetrate.  That’s why we hire him.  Not an inside lb.  whether anyone likes it or not that one is done.’ So if you think crazy good edge rusher ok.  Otherwise wasted pick.

A lot can happen in a year. Almost anyone we draft at 30 will be a part-time player unless we strike gold. If it's Zaven he'll likely play the role Alexander played his final season. Played about half the snaps. After next year a lot can happen. Edmunds might be gone and Taron Johnson is a UFA. Who knows how much nickel we play. 

Just draft the best player on the board. The rest will work itself out. 

• Like (+1) 1

I really like him but I'm thinking he won't make it to 30. He had 4 sacks and 4 ints in 8 games last season and would be a versatile piece for McDermott to move around on defense. We put 3 linebackers on the field quite a bit once Milano came back and he would be a huge upgrade over Klein at lb and could rush the passer 3rd down.

Edited by Allen2Diggs
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Allen2Diggs said:

I really like him but I'm thinking he won't make it to 30. He had 4 sacks and 4 ints in 8 games last season and would be a versatile piece for McDermott to move around on defense. We put 3 linebackers on the field quite a bit once Milano came back and he would be a huge upgrade over Klein at lb and could rush the passer 3rd down.

We really didn’t put 3 LBs on the field at the same time when Milano came back.  We did vs the ravens....but even that was only like 35% of our plays that’s game iirc.  We played nickel 91% of our defensive snaps. I think McD and Frazier would play more 3LB sets if we draft Collins.  I don’t know what the snap counts were, but from my recollection, we played more 3 LB sets when we had Alexander....and our defense had better results. I don’t know if it was the play calling or the fact that they didn’t want Klein out there too much, but I’d like to see us play base 4-3 more often.  Collins would allow that for sure. I just don’t think that we’ll pull the trigger is he happens to fall (which is unlikely imo)

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Victory Formation said:

If by "either DE or CB" you mean "WR all the way!" then I agree 100%. 🙂

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

He'd be what Lorenzo Alexander was for McDermott. It could work. 

Please stop the comps please. Lol. I love Lorax but at times he was a complete liability in Mcd scheme. Btw Zaven Collins is not even a average pass rusher I would rather trade bk and select Jabril Cox . JC can cover has blazing speed and will be a stud in the NFL mark my words . He reminds me alot of Dion Jones . Btw we select ZC what makes u think Mcd would use him in this compacity we didn't use Edmunds like that and he's the same type of player Collins is even better coming out of college people said the same things about him that he can rush. Another thing Collins is a little slow for my liking he's gonna get abused to start his career. The NFL is not in Tulsa! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1