BOLD draft predictions!

28 minutes ago, glazeduck said:

He's not a 1T. Barring a scheme adjustment, he'd be a replacement for Oliver, which... not exactly an ideal use of assets.

While I think Barmore is best suited as a 3T, there are snaps with him playing over the nose at 'Bama and I think he could adjust to a 1T in a 4 man front. It doesn't make a lot of sense to draft a guy at #30 and then play him in his second best spot, I agree, but I think Barmore has the ability to play pretty much any spot on the line. Consistency and motivation are the question marks for me on him. 

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

While I think Barmore is best suited as a 3T, there are snaps with him playing over the nose at 'Bama and I think he could adjust to a 1T in a 4 man front. It doesn't make a lot of sense to draft a guy at #30 and then play him in his second best spot, I agree, but I think Barmore has the ability to play pretty much any spot on the line. Consistency and motivation are the question marks for me on him. 

Agreed -- busy work day over here and didn't want to get into the finer details, but the gist, I think, is that he would be a weird fit, given our roster.

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

I understand he would not initially be used as star but I feel he would be a good 3rd down lineman from the jump and potentially the best D line player in draft. Then again he might just be fat and lazy once he gets paid, I am glad it is not my decision.

• Agree 1

As for my "Slater picked before Sewell" prediction:

Should be interesting, indeed. Opinions on Penei Sewell seem to vary wildly. I've heard everything from "Next Johnathan Ogden" to "Can't play left tackle in the pros".

Edited by Logic

4 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Isn’t that the knock on pretty much every DT ever?  It isn’t realistic for guys that size to go apeshit on every down.

8 hours ago, purple haze said:

Bills draft Trevon Moehrig, S, TCU.  He becomes Big Nickle/3rd Safety.

24 minutes ago, CNYfan said:

I think Bills select Tryon with their first pick

Could see both of these things, not bold but def possible in reality

55 minutes ago, TheBeaneBandit said:

He can play either. If the Bills feel he's committed, he'd be a great pick.

Like Gunner said, there’s maybe a few subpackages that he’d be fine there, but we’re in trouble if he’s out future 1T. 

I’m not a huge believer of Oliver so I wouldn’t hate the pick, but I don’t think it happens with a significant 1T intention in mind (or, at all). 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Billl said:

Isn’t that the knock on pretty much every DT ever?  It isn’t realistic for guys that size to go apeshit on every down.

When you rotate the DL as heavily as this regime does in Buffalo they rightfully expect full effort all the time.    It's not overstated.......the Bills snap leading DT Ed Oliver only plays 54% of the snaps.   When the Bills had the best pass rushing DL in football under Jim Schwartz the objective was to get the starters 80%-90% of the snaps.   Little easier to understand taking a down off occasionally when you are playing 400 more snaps per year.

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Dareus played a lot of 1 tech in the wide 9 front Schwartz ran and nobody saw that as a limiting role for him.    It's really not against the rules for a 1 tech to make plays but for the Bills it's difficult to let their 1 tech be aggressive because Edmunds needs so much protection in the run game.    The wide 9 funneled the run into the middle.......Edmunds needs it funneled into a much narrower gap and then we have to hope he finds a nut.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1