Name a Right Wing Position

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Capco said:

As someone who had debilitating clinical anxiety for much of my life (I'm a lot better now!), as well as going undiagnosed with both ADHD and autism until I was 30, I only ask that you try not to blame this child or take his acting-out personally.  

Instead, it seems more like it's his parents that are the real problem.  If they are unwilling to take the necessary steps to address these issues (such as holding him accountable for genuine or otherwise inexcusably bad behavior) and prefer to avoid accountability by blaming everyone else but themselves for the child's woes, then there isn't much he can do on his own.  

Have you ever thought about asking him to have lunch with you one day?  Not lunch detention, but a genuine invitation.  You'd be best at figuring out the premise that is most likely to get him to agree (e.g., going over recent submissions, picking his brain on his favorite subject, asking him delicately about why he gets anxious sometimes, or even asking about his home life and how he is treated in general). 

You can give him a signed hall-pass with a date and time on it.  That simple piece of paper symbolizes: (1) a future appointment he needs to keep, one that can help build self-discipline; (2) an invitation exclusive to him, giving him a sense of both independence and autonomy; and (3) it shows that you SEE him, and HEAR him... that you recognize his acting out from a place of love and concern, not from a place of harshness and scorn.  

I understand you come from a good place which is why I will continue. I taught the past 9 years at the school where kids with extreme anxiety ended up and I am familiar with how to effectively deal with crippling anxiety. You are correct that his parents are big portion of the problem but that does not help the the fact his antics are ruining the learning environment for 80% of the class. I have tried to engage him in friendly conversation on multiple occasions but he likes being rude to teachers, as he is to all of his teachers. I do recognize that anxiety shows in many forms but my issues with him are not related to anxiety except where he is given protections for unrelated behaviors.

• Like (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, Orlando Tim said:

I understand you come from a good place which is why I will continue. I taught the past 9 years at the school where kids with extreme anxiety ended up and I am familiar with how to effectively deal with crippling anxiety. You are correct that his parents are big portion of the problem but that does not help the the fact his antics are ruining the learning environment for 80% of the class. I have tried to engage him in friendly conversation on multiple occasions but he likes being rude to teachers, as he is to all of his teachers. I do recognize that anxiety shows in many forms but my issues with him are not related to anxiety except where he is given protections for unrelated behaviors.

Right on, Tim.  I didn't mean to sound patronizing; I was honestly just trying to help.  You clearly have a good handle of the situation.  

It's just a shame that, for whatever reasons, he isn't getting what he needs while simultaneously bringing down the rest of the class that he has no choice but to be in.  

On a fundamental level, it's not fair for the rest of the class when his behavior ruins their learning environment.  I feel the frustration you must have from having your hands tied behind your back because of the red tape.  

2 hours ago, Capco said:

Right on, Tim.  I didn't mean to sound patronizing; I was honestly just trying to help.  You clearly have a good handle of the situation.  

It's just a shame that, for whatever reasons, he isn't getting what he needs while simultaneously bringing down the rest of the class that he has no choice but to be in.  

On a fundamental level, it's not fair for the rest of the class when his behavior ruins their learning environment.  I feel the frustration you must have from having your hands tied behind your back because of the red tape.  

No issues at all-i appreciate honest comments. 

• Like (+1) 1

Conservatism means free speech for all, those we agree with and those we do not.

Yup.

Their hate is built on lazy caricatures and misinformation, which is hilarious considering how often they accuse the Right of pushing misinformation 

Conservatives Don’t Worship Politicians—That’s a Lib Thing. 

“An emerging trend over here on the right — especially since the election — is the prevailing notion among some of Donald Trump’s most ardent admirers that he not be criticized at all.

My response as someone who enthusiastically voted for him and has spent quite a lot of column space here at PJ Media writing flattering things about his presidency is this: what a load of crap.”

I get that the internet is one big virtual garment-rending exercise for political fans of all stripes, but it’s really time for some people to take a freakin’ breath.

On more than one occasion I’ve lamented that Trump didn’t fire Anthony Fauci before we even hit the summer of 2020. Here was a guy who was actively working in cahoots with the Dems to undermine Trump’s presidency, after all. Put mildly, a sound hindsight case can be made by Trump fans for getting rid of the dude. 

I’ve also frequently complained about the fact that Trump didn’t fire Christopher Wray or….oh, never mind, this is a really long list.

However, I’ve also constantly mentioned that, for the most part, I loved Trump’s presidency, especially the fact that he wasn’t a career politician. 

https://pjmedia.com/columns/stephen-kruiser/2022/11/21/conservatives-dont-worship-politicians-thats-a-lib-thing-n1647685

The president can't just amend a contract to keep his ass out of the frying pan.

They need a new contract. 

The unions agreed to that legally binding September contract, you have to live with it until you negotiate a new contract.

Chastise the union leaders not the republicans. 

And this opinion comes from a working class person with few paid sick days, I'd love a few more. 

But we all have to live with the deal we made. 

3 minutes ago, TSOL said:

The president can't just amend a contract to keep his ass out of the frying pan.

They need a new contract. 

The unions agreed to that legally binding September contract, you have to live with it until you negotiate a new contract.

Chastise the union leaders not the republicans. 

And this opinion comes from a working class person with few paid sick days, I'd love a few more. 

But we all have to live with the deal we made. 

1. The contract was rejected by some of the unions

2. Congress does have the authority to do this, and has done so 18 times in the past:

”Congress can step in to resolve disputes between labor unions and railroads under the 1926 Railway Labor Act, as part of its power under the Constitution to regulate commerce. That law was written to prevent disruptions in interstate commerce.

Congress has previously intervened 18 times in such disputes after the process has proceeded without success to a Presidential Emergency Board, which issues recommendations that the parties may choose to reject.”

(Source)

It’s fair to disagree about the terms (the unions are not happy with this), but Congress can do it and doing so prevents a strike that would cause massive disruption to the economy during the holiday season. 

1 minute ago, ChiGoose said:

1. The contract was rejected by some of the unions

2. Congress does have the authority to do this, and has done so 18 times in the past:

”Congress can step in to resolve disputes between labor unions and railroads under the 1926 Railway Labor Act, as part of its power under the Constitution to regulate commerce. That law was written to prevent disruptions in interstate commerce.

Congress has previously intervened 18 times in such disputes after the process has proceeded without success to a Presidential Emergency Board, which issues recommendations that the parties may choose to reject.”

(Source)

It’s fair to disagree about the terms (the unions are not happy with this), but Congress can do it and doing so prevents a strike that would cause massive disruption to the economy during the holiday season. 

Let em strike, don't just throw them a few beans. 

1 minute ago, TSOL said:

Let em strike, don't just throw them a few beans. 

Well, it would cost the US economy $2 billion per day and cause a national security nightmare, but hey, some guy on the internet thinks it’s a good idea!

You frame it as the republicans fault though and that's BS. That's what I dispute 

Working people need to rise up, you are literally sticking up for the elites, and then twisting it to "republicans bad" 

"Oh give them a few sick days, that'll shut them up"

They need a new contract 

• Like (+1) 1