Name a Right Wing Position

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"...control what we read and teach our children and deny our history.... censure debate..."

Meanwhile:

• GQP wants to deny 1/6
  • GQP pass laws that control transgender children and restrict how we teach race in schools...
  • GQP = cult = facsists

The hypocrisy... lmao

A Conservative position is "Staying Informed.

VIEWERS OF CONSERVATIVE MEDIA MORE LIKELY TO GET THE FACTS RIGHT ON TOPICS IN THE NEWS

If you ever assumed that Americans who watch or listen to conservative news outlets are better informed on topics in the news, you would be correct.

That is not anecdotal.

According to a new poll conducted by Rasmussen Reports for The Heartland Institute, “There is a strong correlation between a likely voter’s favorite television news outlet and his or her understanding of basic facts about important topics in the news.”

The poll asked 1,000 likely voters a series of questions about a wide variety of news events and which news outlets they prefer.

Here are a few overall highlights from the poll.

“Generally speaking, respondents who identified CNN, MSNBC, ABC, CBS, or NBC as their ‘favorite’ TV news outlet were more likely to incorrectly answer questions about the national debt, the income tax rate paid by the wealthy, and the percentage of the population that’s uninsured than the viewers of Fox News or ‘another’ cable or network news station (such as The Blaze TV or Newsmax).”

“Our survey also seems to indicate that those who do not watch cable news or network news are more likely to answer our questions about the news accurately than the viewers of CNN, MSNBC, ABC, CBS, or NBC.”

“Although viewers of Fox News and other cable networks were most likely to correctly select the percentage of the U.S. population without health care coverage, a sizeable percentage of these audiences also underestimated the size of the insured population (82%).”

By far, the biggest takeaway from the poll is that one’s knowledge about factual news events is directly correlated with their media preferences. And vice-versa.

For instance, when likely voters were asked what the national debt of the United States currently stands at (answer: $28 trillion), “69% of CBS viewers and 65% of NBC viewers underestimated the national debt, compared to 44% for those who said they don’t watch network news.”

More at the linK:

https://www.heartland.org/news-opinion/news/rasmussenheartland-poll-news

38 minutes ago, B-Man said:

A Conservative position is "Staying Informed.

VIEWERS OF CONSERVATIVE MEDIA MORE LIKELY TO GET THE FACTS RIGHT ON TOPICS IN THE NEWS

If you ever assumed that Americans who watch or listen to conservative news outlets are better informed on topics in the news, you would be correct.

That is not anecdotal.

According to a new poll conducted by Rasmussen Reports for The Heartland Institute, “There is a strong correlation between a likely voter’s favorite television news outlet and his or her understanding of basic facts about important topics in the news.”

The poll asked 1,000 likely voters a series of questions about a wide variety of news events and which news outlets they prefer.

Here are a few overall highlights from the poll.

“Generally speaking, respondents who identified CNN, MSNBC, ABC, CBS, or NBC as their ‘favorite’ TV news outlet were more likely to incorrectly answer questions about the national debt, the income tax rate paid by the wealthy, and the percentage of the population that’s uninsured than the viewers of Fox News or ‘another’ cable or network news station (such as The Blaze TV or Newsmax).”

“Our survey also seems to indicate that those who do not watch cable news or network news are more likely to answer our questions about the news accurately than the viewers of CNN, MSNBC, ABC, CBS, or NBC.”

“Although viewers of Fox News and other cable networks were most likely to correctly select the percentage of the U.S. population without health care coverage, a sizeable percentage of these audiences also underestimated the size of the insured population (82%).”

By far, the biggest takeaway from the poll is that one’s knowledge about factual news events is directly correlated with their media preferences. And vice-versa.

For instance, when likely voters were asked what the national debt of the United States currently stands at (answer: $28 trillion), “69% of CBS viewers and 65% of NBC viewers underestimated the national debt, compared to 44% for those who said they don’t watch network news.”

More at the linK:

https://www.heartland.org/news-opinion/news/rasmussenheartland-poll-news

Dude...what a joke...."right wing media say they are factual...because they say they are"

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, TH3 said:

Dude...what a joke...."right wing media say they are factual...because they say they are"

Your comprehension is sh*t today.

They polled people on facts.  

The ones who got the most right were Conservatives.

FTA:

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 5/20/2021 at 3:06 PM, B-Man said:

Your comprehension is sh*t today.

They polled people on facts.  

The ones who got the most right were Conservatives.

FTA:

I guess TH3 just gave you yet another example, validating the poll...😉

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 5/20/2021 at 11:14 AM, BillStime said:

"...control what we read and teach our children and deny our history.... censure debate..."

Meanwhile:

• GQP wants to deny 1/6
  • GQP pass laws that control transgender children and restrict how we teach race in schools...
  • GQP = cult = facsists

The hypocrisy... lmao

So by what you post above the video i would like to ask just exactly what are those people trying to deny as far as our history and please tell me to the transgender reply exactly what age of a child is old enough for them to make a life altering decision as far as their gender ?

Children are not allowed to drive until the age of 16, they are not allowed to drink until the age of 21, they are not allowed to buy tobacco until the age of 21, they are not allowed to vote until the age of 18, they are not allowed to join the military until the age of 18, they are not allowed to make a decision of consensual sex with a adult until the age of 18 i believe and all of these are for good reason !!

Yet by what you posted you apparently believe that they can make the decision of who or what gender they want to be by what age ?

And to add is their decision to based upon what they are being told or what is known to all of how we are created weather you believe in a god or not ? 

Just asking i would like a little clarification thank you so much for helping me understand your reply above ...

On 5/16/2021 at 10:32 PM, Backintheday544 said:

I framed the OP as they’re not hypocrites on for your points:

1. Pro-life - are they? They’re more pro being born. After that fend for yourself. Is that really pro-life? It boils down to whether or not you support the concept that abortion in some cases is equivalent to homicide. 

2. protecting gun rights - what are they protecting? Who had tried taking guns?  For one, through "red flag" gun laws which in a recent case the Supreme Court ruled as unconstitutional in a 9-0 vote.

3. Border security - Obama removed more unlawful immigrants than Bush and they said he was weak on border security. That’s more of a buzz word than a position I’d say  What relevance does Bush have now?  Biden completely dismantled all border security that was put in place under the Trump administration and replaced it with a system of chaos.  Total FUBAR.   If you can't "see" this then God help you.

4. Cultural anti-Wokism... can we even define that? Like imagine being a Lincoln standing up on a podium and saying I’m running on cultural anti-wokism 

Things like safe spaces, hate for our country, defund the police and embrace criminals as victims, but mainly encouraging a culture of emotionally and mentally weak pussies

From your next para It seems maybe you think wokeism is cancel cultural maybe? Republicans deal in cancel culture all the time. They wanted to cancel MLB for moving an all star game. They wasted millions on a political stunt to have Pence walk out on an NFL game. 

One other value I saw was a campaign slogan I saw "Make Crime Illegal Again".   I'd say that's a right wing value.

23 minutes ago, T master said:

So by what you post above the video i would like to ask just exactly what are those people trying to deny as far as our history and please tell me to the transgender reply exactly what age of a child is old enough for them to make a life altering decision as far as their gender ?

Children are not allowed to drive until the age of 16, they are not allowed to drink until the age of 21, they are not allowed to buy tobacco until the age of 21, they are not allowed to vote until the age of 18, they are not allowed to join the military until the age of 18, they are not allowed to make a decision of consensual sex with a adult until the age of 18 i believe and all of these are for good reason !!

Yet by what you posted you apparently believe that they can make the decision of who or what gender they want to be by what age ?

And to add is their decision to based upon what they are being told or what is known to all of how we are created weather you believe in a god or not ? 

Just asking i would like a little clarification thank you so much for helping me understand your reply above ...

Why don't you do some research and ask the parents that helped make this incredibly difficult decision in accordance to laws and medical professionals?

2 hours ago, BillStime said:

Why don't you do some research and ask the parents that helped make this incredibly difficult decision in accordance to laws and medical professionals?

A child's mind and body are not developed enough for them to make this kind of life changing decision.  And parents that encourage or facilitate such transformations at a young age are negligent and absent in their responsibilities as parents.  For many reasons, including psychological. buyers remorse is extremely high in sex change surgeries.  That comes straight from the transgender community and from medical practitioners.  Look it up. 

• Agree 1

53 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

A child's mind and body are not developed enough for them to make this kind of life changing decision.  And parents that encourage or facilitate such transformations at a young age are negligent and absent in their responsibilities as parents.  For many reasons, including psychological. buyers remorse is extremely high in sex change surgeries.  That comes straight from the transgender community and from medical practitioners.  Look it up. 

I'm not advocating it... but you're kidding yourself if you think families are making this decision lightly.

Edited by BillStime

On 4/25/2021 at 9:54 PM, Buffarukus said:

the right to peacefully assemble.

the right to bear arms.

the concern about boarder security 

the right for individuals to go outside and have a buisness that the government does not shut down.

Just wanted to say thank you for starting this thread off with some good material to work with.  

• Agree 1

On 4/25/2021 at 10:34 PM, Buffarukus said:

that cant happen by either side so keep kicking the can including adding more debt nationally to "fix" the crisis of [ insert name ]

The United States happens to be in a very unique position in the world with respect to currency.  The US Dollar is the reserve currency of the world.  What that effectively means is that there will always be an inordinate amount of demand for the greenback.  Any time a foreign currency transaction occurs it can be thought of as one party buying the other party's money with their own money.  One reason inflation is never a very big problem in the US is because of this demand for dollars.  Look at the rates of inflation by year over the last 20 years; inflation has not gone anywhere close to out of control despite a massive expansion of the money supply.  

We'd be stupid not to use this unique position to our advantage.  It's also one of the main reasons why China manipulates their own currency.  They want the Yen Yuan to challenge the dollar as a reserve currency, if not globally then at least regionally.  

That doesn't mean that fiscal responsibility is a non-issue.  It is, but inflation is rarely a fiscal issue in modern times.  Economists have so much better of an understanding now than they did preceding the Great Depression (an event which was actually made worse by deflationary policies made in response).  Controlled inflation (i.e. what we have had now for a while) is actually good for the economy.  

In modern times, under Donkey presidents, deficits shrink; under GOP presidents, deficits grow.  Both parties are big spenders, but the Dems are also big taxers, especially on the wealthy.  It's interesting how much supposed deference the right gives to the Founding Fathers and Enlightenment philosophes in this respect when they were so obviously against the idea of a class of wealthy families in perpetuity.  In fact, some like Jefferson even advocated for an estate tax far more aggressive than what we have now.  

“What is most important for democracy is not that great fortunes should not exist, but that great fortunes should not remain in the same hands. In that way there are rich [persons], but they do not form a class.” -Alexis de Tocqueville

Edited by Capco

11 hours ago, BillStime said:

Because i was asking you due to what you wrote just simply asking you for a explanation in your own words.  I believe by my reply you know where i stand with children under a certain age being able to make such a life changing decision before they can legally or moral be allowed to make such a decision .

4 hours ago, Capco said:

Just wanted to say thank you for starting this thread off with some good material to work with.  

always willing to debate with someone that takes a reasonable stance and is willing to put effort into a conversation. we may not agree but there is too few of people simply hearing out the other side.

i will reply to your other reply when i have time. its a bit to go through.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Capco said:

It's also one of the main reasons why China manipulates their own currency.  They want the Yen to challenge the dollar as a reserve currency, if not globally then at least regionally.  

Been to China recently?

Don't try to buy dinner with yen.

• Thank you (+1) 1