Name a Right Wing Position

2 minutes ago, Buffarukus said:

the right to peacefully assemble.

the right to bear arms.

the concern about boarder security 

the right for individuals to go outside and have a buisness that the government does not shut down.

Hahahahaahahahahahahahahah

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Hahahahaahahahahahahahahah

wow laughing at that? your sick. 

i dont think that was right. but lets not act like arson wasnt attempted on it.. in a peaceful way of coarse. theres a year full of missing violent context to this inncodent.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/religion/2020/06/05/st-johns-episcopal-church-historic-church-next-white-house-set-fire-during-protests/

should i start laughing now?

Edited by Buffarukus

15 minutes ago, Buffarukus said:

the right to peacefully assemble.

the right to bear arms.

the concern about boarder security 

the right for individuals to go outside and have a buisness that the government does not shut down.

Right to peacefully assemble? - huh? They seem to have been against that. And with January the 6th have been more cool with not peaceful assembly.

Right to bear arms - that’s always been a scare tactic of the right vs a position. Remember when Obama was

going to take your guns? Remember when *insert name here* will take your guns?

To address the last 2 mixes in the point with the first 2. Those are just fear talking points and not actual policy.

For example, I’ll use the left to be more balanced. Fear: student loans kills our economy. Policy: let’s forgive $50,000 of student loans per taxpayer. Fear: cops kill every minority. Policy: let’s limit military grade weapons cops have

• Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Interesting that the image in the article shows two biological males placing first and second against a field of biological females.

I guess advancements in transgender rights are going to undermine progress in women’s sports...

so be it. 

for the record I absolutely would have no concern with biological females playing men’s sports. 

32 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

Right to peacefully assemble? - huh? They seem to have been against that. And with January the 6th have been more cool with not peaceful assembly.

Right to bear arms - that’s always been a scare tactic of the right vs a position. Remember when Obama was

To address the last 2 mixes in the point with the first 2. Those are just fear talking points and not actual policy.

For example, I’ll use the left to be more balanced. Fear: student loans kills our economy. Policy: let’s forgive $50,000 of student loans per taxpayer. Fear: cops kill every minority. Policy: let’s limit military grade weapons cops have

maybe they have come out and said they are against peaceful protest. in most the rhetoric ive heard they stand by it even as it routinley resulted in violence. i could be wrong.

scare tactic? biden has litterally said it. either way it answers your question.

no i think your wrong. scare tactic means just that. democrats have sent police over to buisnesses and places of gather and fined, arrested, and padlocked people into submission. there are dozens of examples. the police have been defunded/abolished in areas..leaving to crime spikes that they have had to backpedal from. if that's a scare tactic it certainly scared the innocent victims paying the price.

as for student loan debt. i have one. if i was to choose to have that debt wiped out or address the cause of the crisis. guaranteed loans, non bankruptable forgiveness, deferments that ALWAYS add more debt with interest still accruing. majors offered that have no tangable comparability to a actual career that can pay off said debt. id choose solving the problem.

its just a expensive bandaid to start the crisis over.

thats my is my issue with left policies. i know i used to champion them. they all address the result of a problem but never the cause to begin with. more people would be on board with these. but that involves going after school lobbiest and teachers unions and of coarse, bankers. that cant happen by either side so keep kicking the can including adding more debt nationally to "fix" the crisis of [ insert name ]

Edited by Buffarukus

51 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

It’s not a game. Just say 1 right wing position. No one has yet. That’s pretty telling.

and yes I know you want to ignore everyone that says their voting rights are being restricted until a smoking gun comes out but people who don’t look like you are saying hey this hurts us. We can ignore that until the smoking gun comes out like it did in North Carolina.

I named one on the first reply.

11 minutes ago, Buffarukus said:

maybe they have come out and said they are against peaceful protest. in most the rhetoric ive heard they stand by it even as it routinley resulted in violence. i could be wrong.

scare tactic? biden has litterally said it. either way it answers your question.

no i think your wrong. scare tactic means just that. democrats have sent police over to buisnesses and places of gather and fined, arrested, and padlocked people into submission. there are dozens of examples. the police have been defunded/abolished in areas..leaving to crime spikes that they have had to backpedal from. if that's a scare tactic it certainly scared the innocent victims paying the price.

as for student loan debt. i have one. if i was to choose to have that debt wiped out or address the cause of the crisis. guaranteed loans, non bankruptable forgiveness, deferments that ALWAYS add more debt with interest still accruing. majors offered that have no tangable comparability to a actual career that can pay off said debt. id choose solving the problem.

its just a expensive bandaid to start the crisis over.

thats my is my issue with left policies. i know i used to champion them. they all address the result of a problem but never the cause to begin with. more people would be on board with these. but that involves going after school lobbiest and teachers unions and of coarse, bankers. that cant happen by either side so keep kicking the can including adding more debt nationally to "fix" the crisis.

You’re second para, ***** the left Biden sucks. Let’s ignore that and talk about ideas the right has.

Dems send police, etc part true part scare tactic. Dems have done solid policy to help that. PPP round 2 and expansion of ERC is helping businesses so much. Both were voted against by the right.

Student loan debt. I’ll say Dems are proposing policy and I’ve yet to see a single policy idea from Republicans. You’re right just forgiving student debt doesn’t fix the issue.

Not bothering to read responses but I’m pretty sure they still hate abortions, tax increases, minimum wage increases, expanding healthcare, gun control laws, environmental regulations, and damn dirty hippies.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Not bothering to read responses but I’m pretty sure they still hate abortions, tax increases, minimum wage increases, expanding healthcare, gun control laws, environmental regulations, and damn dirty hippies.

Abortions - so they want to control peoples bodies?

tax increases, minimum wage - what policy do they propose?

expanding healthcare - Trump promised us several health care bills. Other than let’s get rid of ACA what is the policy here?

3 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

Abortions - so they want to control peoples bodies?

tax increases, minimum wage - what policy do they propose?

expanding healthcare - Trump promised us several health care bills. Other than let’s get rid of ACA what is the policy here?

I said they hate them and you never asked what they passed.

1 hour ago, Backintheday544 said:

Dems send police, etc part true part scare tactic. Dems have done solid policy to help that. PPP round 2 and expansion of ERC is helping businesses so much. Both were voted against by the right.

i think your falling in a trap here. giving praise for relief to a crisis that the dems had major negative effects. facts and statistics are out showing states that opened are not seeing what the democrats constantly said would be the outcome. at this point texas and florida should be consumed by covid. that STILL is not changing their tactics and lies. 

they were WRONG. not only wrong but perfectly ok with vilifying anyone who disagreed basically calling them irresponsable murders ect. ect.

on top of that you have govenors who not only were wrong but activley made the situation much worse. staying indoors IS the way to spread it most effectively. not going outside and being active is the perfect way to produce more of the people most likely to be hospitalized..obesity is the single most important factor along with a strange connection to VIT D, the sun, for young people. 

but as for old. the democrats provided death sentances and im not being hyporbolic. they FORCED the population that a toddler would know would be most susceptible to die for ANY virus..even a cold back into nursing homes. no mistake no hindsight 20/20 because they hid the data but most importantly, they pulled their own loved ones OUT. thats not a accident.

so saying the Rs voted ppp down is kind of generalizing. id have to see what was in it and why they were so against it to determine if they were wrong. remeber pelosi stood by playing games for votes all last year. how much suffering and buisness could have been avoided or at least put squarely at the feet of rep, she didn't want to take that chance..elections. 

as for the pandemic response and the "relief". im glad people got it but to say the dems get any credit for this shtshow. ill never forgive them let alone give them any credit for the small mop they offered to the giant mess they added to a already terrable situation.

ppp does not address the small buisnesses gone forever. the hypocracy of box chains being able to consolidate huge amounts of wealth and power. the mobilization of revenue away from dem states leaving those who had to stay behind to pick up the tab with a crazy amount of taxes and home "reassments" to pay the price for these decisions....and some are still issuing them!

if this isnt reason to go independant then not sure what standards democrats really have. biden has a +50% approval rate?! ok.

sorry for the tangent. i know this is WAY off topic you wanted to discuss. this needs attention in every thread by anyone not to biased to look at the situation that been ignored by to many for to long.

Edited by Buffarukus
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Backintheday544 said:

maybe it’s a disconnect but I’m looking for policy discussion. What policy is being proposed?

In your OP you asked to name a right wing position that Republicans weren't hypocrites in the last five years.  I listed six.  I'm confused on what you're trying to accomplish here.

Eat local beef and lamb. 
Drink raw milk. 
Follow one god. 
Despise modern architecture and modern literature. 
Lift weights. 
Get married and have children. 

Edited by LeviF91

9 hours ago, Backintheday544 said:

There’s always someone trying to take guns away, and as a citizen you have every right to question the intent of government officials.  The clusterf*ck of the past year and a half as officials chose winners and losers, who could gather who could not, and “hunker down and be compliant but we’ll look the other way for those who are not” tells you all you need to know about our trusted leaders.  

I’m not sure what you’re talking about in your second paragraph.  Student loans no more ‘kill our economy” than car loans, mortgages, property tax, sales tax and income tax.  The fear isn’t really a fear at all, it’s a carefully manufactured story to appeal to the supposedly educated among us that they are victims of a great scam.  Meanwhile, the folks to be victimized by the payoff often honored their debt (many educated folks do and have), never partook in the absurdity of a Philosophical Sustainability degree from Berkeley, understood priorities (obligations v newest iPhone), and totally bypasses the carnival barkers running the scam if one exists—Big Ed. 

That’s not a fear, that’s a recognition that you can convince anyone they are a victim if the payoff is of sufficient value for them to suppress their moral standards.