"Don't buy our stuff." - Levi's

3 hours ago, The Governor said:

You’re not supposed to wear jeans once you hit 40.

Yikes! You really have to be kidding me. What decade is it?  I realize this is a big country, but there is no way it can be that different on the east coast.  Let me guess...you don't wear white after Labor Day?

44 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

The burden of overconsumption.

Don't worry.  

They've got the perfect plan in place to make sure this happens.  

Levi's gambling on people thinking that Levi's has the quality of a couple of generations ago?  They are not fooling me, anyways.  

19 hours ago, RochesterRob said:

Every time they buy a product made in this country.  Used to be Levi's when they were made in the US.  

:lol:    :lol:    :lol:    :lol:    :lol:    :lol:    :lol:    :lol:    :lol:    :lol:    :lol:    :lol:    :lol:    :lol:    :lol:    :lol:    :lol:    :lol:    :lol:    :lol:    :lol:    :lol:    :lol:    :lol:    :lol:    :lol:    :lol:    :lol:    :lol:    :lol:   

13 hours ago, RochesterRob said:

Levi's gambling on people thinking that Levi's has the quality of a couple of generations ago?  They are not fooling me, anyways.  

The old "everything was soooooo much better a few decades ago because it was made in the US" line.  It wasn't.  Among the most egregious examples of the quality of American made products include the Chevrolet Corvair and the Ford Pinto.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SoTier said:

The old "everything was soooooo much better a few decades ago because it was made in the US" line.  It wasn't.  Among the most egregious examples of the quality of American made products include the Chevrolet Corvair and the Ford Pinto.

Quality has less to do with where a product is made and more to with the level of competition the product faces in the marketplace. 

3 hours ago, SoTier said:

:lol:    :lol:    :lol:    :lol:    :lol:    :lol:    :lol:    :lol:    :lol:    :lol:    :lol:    :lol:    :lol:    :lol:    :lol:    :lol:    :lol:    :lol:    :lol:    :lol:    :lol:    :lol:    :lol:    :lol:    :lol:    :lol:    :lol:    :lol:    :lol:    :lol:   

You're a sorry piece of work but there is no reasoning with you on this.

2 hours ago, SoTier said:

We are talking Levi's and not Chevy's.  Levi's is not the quality that it was up to the early 1990's.  Do you actually read what others write here?  The amount of cotton used in a square foot of denim has gradually declined for Levi's over the last few decades.  The amount of cotton used per square foot is the key measure of durability for cotton based clothing.  I stopped buying Levi's many years ago because they would not hold up unlike their products made a few decades ago.  Most of today's denim is paper thin compared to their older counterparts from decades ago unless you are buying expressly a work line of product such as Carhartt which is not what it was itself.  As I said early on selling denim is the result of an intense marketing campaign by manufacturers.  They have successfully gotten the consumer to buy less but pay more for a given product.  Knowing that I have very little denim in my wardrobe any more.  

18 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Yikes! You really have to be kidding me. What decade is it?  I realize this is a big country, but there is no way it can be that different on the east coast.  Let me guess...you don't wear white after Labor Day?

18 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

I don’t make the rules buddy. Don’t be that guy in his 40’s that’s dressing like someone in their 20’s. The Honeys hate that.

Your daily wear should be a nice pair of Chino’s, button down shirt or polo, and a nice pair of loafers. You shouldn’t be leaving the house in anything else unless you’re going to the gym. 

Also, no baseball hats, hoodies, or cargo pants! That’s a big no-no.

Edited by The Governor

On 4/24/2021 at 10:42 PM, Big Blitz said:

Everything.  But let's start with just the obvious.  

What if say, everyone watching the ad decides "yea, I don't need any more jeans I'm good.  Certainly not from the company telling me it's 'bad to have too much of something."

Is this what shareholders want to hear?  

What about the kids that work for Levi's and the need to feed their family?  

Or the people that manage or work in their soon to be dead brick and mortar stores?  

Is this what they want to hear?  

Lol, a company saying they make clothes that last longer is bad? 

Dude, you see young people and you lose it, don't you? 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Lol, a company saying they make clothes that last longer is bad? 

Dude, you see young people and you lose it, don't you? 

Their clothes do not last long and unless they start putting more material into things that is not changing.  All that aside Levi's is making a baseless pitch to the woke crowd.  

Just now, RochesterRob said:

Their clothes do not last long and unless they start putting more material into things that is not changing.  All that aside Levi's is making a baseless pitch to the woke crowd.  

Most commercials are BS, so what? 

Because this one is aimed at young people of color, it's the hill the OP chooses to stand on. Come on...

4 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Most commercials are BS, so what? 

Because this one is aimed at young people of color, it's the hill the OP chooses to stand on. Come on...

Just a high level of irony when looking back over the decades.  Denim was pitched to the masses as a cloth that "freed you" from being a "tool."  Very few figured out that they became a tool to a different overlord.  I've seen the marketing analysis.  Just build a certain culture around it and people will eat it up with a smile on their face even if it makes no sense when you analyze it.

Just now, RochesterRob said:

Just a high level of irony when looking back over the decades.  Denim was pitched to the masses as a cloth that "freed you" from being a "tool."  Very few figured out that they became a tool to a different overlord.  I've seen the marketing analysis.  Just build a certain culture around it and people will eat it up with a smile on their face even if it makes no sense when you analyze it.

A Subaru is love...same thing 

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

A Subaru is love...same thing 

At some point quality enters the discussion when talking about cars or trucks.  If it breaks down all the time all the tie-ins with green loving Libs is not going to sell a car.  Clothing producers namely those that produce clothing made from denim have successfully played the consumer for suckers with slick marketing with the bottom line of getting consumers to pay more for less.

28 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

Kinda like...

trump-22-1024x891.png

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Kinda like...

trump-22-1024x891.png

Not at all but you keep thinking that way if it makes you feel safe from guys that can out lift you when it comes to weights.  The left under goes more marketing blitz on average.  The Democrat Party making you afraid of Trump is yet another example of slick dishonest marketing.  Not only are you whipped when it comes to attempting self thought but you are a willing puppet.  Please do not bother me with any more of your nonsense.

2 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

Not at all but you keep thinking that way if it makes you feel safe from guys that can out lift you when it comes to weights.  The left under goes more marketing blitz on average.  The Democrat Party making you afraid of Trump is yet another example of slick dishonest marketing.  Not only are you whipped when it comes to attempting self thought but you are a willing puppet.  Please do not bother me with any more of your nonsense.

That is the funniest thing I've ever heard on a message board...

LMAO