Draft prospect Robert Rochelle, CB - Why I think he could be our pick in 3rd round.

I just have this feeling Rochelle is going to be a Buffalo Bill when this draft is over and I am also really hoping he is.  

This guy has Beane pick written all over him.  He’s probably the best small school DB prospect of the last decade and has all the measurable you want in size and speed.  He is an athletic beast too.

He dominated FCS competition and has great hands having started as a WR snd showed those skills with 10 INTS in 27 games.  He also isn’t afraid to get physical and is a good tackler.  His measurables and resume would have him a probable first round pick had he gone to a big school with that production.  Given, it’s still a small school with lesser competition, but he dominated at that level which is what you want to see.  

He’s going to need developing and coaching up given he was dependent a lot on his superior athleticism going against lesser competition.  But that is another reason why we are an ideal landing spot for him as well, and honestly probably the best landing spot for him.  

For me, I think he would be an excellent 3rd round pick for us, but I also would not be surprised to see him come off the board earlier given the premium on corners in today’s NFL.  

Personally I still think he will more likely goes in 3rd or maybe 4th round given how good and deep the CB class is, so snagging him with our 3rd seems like a good spot.  Or if there is another player there Beane has higher on BPA and goes another direction, wouldn’t surprise me to see Beane trade back up into the fourth if he’s still there too.  

I HAVE NO INSIDER INFO ON THIS...just my opinion only based on that he seems like a Beane and McD kind of player and that the fit here is ideal for us and him.  I can really see him being our pick in the 3rd.   

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 8
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

nice prospect.  I was initially hoping we could snag him in rd 5, but there’s no way that’s happening now.  I might be a little wary of drafting him in rd 3 over some of the other prospects that might be available, but a trade up into rd 4 would be 👍🏻👍🏻

• Like (+1) 4

Op - glad you brought this up. I've read some good things on Rochell and agree with your take. I suspect he'd be gone by end of the 4th.  I wouldn't mind a little finagling required to grab him.

Though I think our CB of this draft will be acquired previous. 

Sub 4.4 40, 41' vertical and long arms. Offers ST capabilities. 

Edited by inaugural balls
  • Like (+1) 1

There are some mid round toolsy guys at CB i could see them falling for if the first couple rounds go in other directions. Rochell is one, Trill Williams is less athletic, Ben St-Just (sp?) is a very toosly guy who needs work, and then Tyson Campbell is someone they have been linked to but draftniks are all over the board on him. 

2 hours ago, whatdrought said:

There are some mid round toolsy guys at CB i could see them falling for if the first couple rounds go in other directions. Rochell is one, Trill Williams is less athletic, Ben St-Just (sp?) is a very toosly guy who needs work, and then Tyson Campbell is someone they have been linked to but draftniks are all over the board on him. 

Would love Campbell with our second if a dynamic offensive selection with our first.

I like Rochelle and I think he will go second half of 3 / early 4th. However, I doubt it is to Buffalo. He is a press man corner rather than a zone guy. His fit in our scheme would need to be as a nickel and while I think he could be outstanding at that spot I think 3rd round might be a bit rich for a slot corner. He will be a decent player in the league though.