Orlando Brown traded to the Chiefs for 1st Rd Pick

2 minutes ago, Virgil said:

He wanted to get PAID as a LT.  He’s a “me” guy

How is that a great deal if they walk away with a #45 overall value pick and have to use it just to replace the guy?  The odds off getting a Tackle of his quality with that is slim.  

I think they got fleeced and did it to a playoff rival

Can keep the rookie around on a lower contract longer than Brown and going to help once Lamar gets his BIG contract. Toss in the Ravens always find guys in the mid rounds. 

Can’t wait to see how they’re going to pay him too

15 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

KC needed to do something to protect Mahomes...and they still need a starting RT. 

What's next?

Remmers did just fine all of last season at RT until he had to play LT.  3M contract. Niang coming back from opt out.  They’re fine imo. Great job being proactive and trying to secure another Lombardi. 

2 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

KC basically gave up a 1st and 3rd for Brown and the Ravens 2nd, sensible trade for both. KC still gets to pick twice in the back end of the second likely selecting an offensive linemen with one of those picks to further bolster the Oline. Ravens get a nice haul of picks for a player they couldn’t have resigned. 

Not that drastic of a move as the Chiefs lost both OT’s to start free agency but they knew that had to reconfigure that Oline.

They don't really need another offensive lineman IMO. All the starting spots are spoken for and they have solid depth now too. WR and Defense IMO is where they can get potential immediate upgrades.

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Is it me or did the Ravens get fleeced in this?  Look at what the Dolphins got for Tunsil.  A #45 overall isn’t much to me and they have to replace him.  

I also don’t know why you trade him to the Chiefs, your playoff competition.  

I’m curious to see if the Chiefs are able to re-sign him. He wants top money for a LT

Hard to compare any trade made by BOB.  That’s like saying we were fleeced in the Diggs trade when you compare what AZ gave up for Hopkins

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Hard to compare any trade made by BOB.  That’s like saying we were fleeced in the Diggs trade when you compare what AZ gave up for Hopkins

We did get fleeced in that trade.  He didn’t win MVP.  

You have low expectations

In all seriousness, I’m just looking at other Pro Bowl OT trades from the past. 

Edited by Virgil
  • Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Process said:

Bills have a nice, well rounded roster. But the chiefs have so much more elite talent. 

We are really going to need young guys like Edmunds, Oliver, Knox etc to start breaking out. Josh obviously needs to keep it up. Davis showed a lot of potential, hopefully he can be a playmaker for us going forward. 

Gona need to nail this draft as well.

2 minutes ago, BillsSbSoon said:

Facts. We need more elite playmakers. The good thing is beane and mcd realize it

Bills have Allen. Diggs and White as elite level players

Chiefs have Mahomes, Kelce, Hill, Jones, Clark, Mathieu and arguably both Thuney and Brown as Elite level players.

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Bills have Allen. Diggs and White as elite level players

Chiefs have Mahomes, Kelce, Hill, Jones, Clark, Mathieu and arguably both Thuney and Brown as Elite level players.

That is why we could certainly use Najee Harris or Travis Etienne in our backfield.  There is your elite talent.  Drafting guys like Singletary Moss and Epenesa aint cutting it when it comes down to it.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Kangaxx said:

How is everyone so confident he'll be great in a passing offence?

0 hits and 0 sacks allowed on 389 pass attempts last year.  2 time pro bowl.  The guy is real good.

Edited by DCbillsfan
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Process said:

A lot of other picks involved but they probably come close to washing out. Basically #31 for Brown. 

Chiefs made some big additions to their O line this off-season.

Edit.. I guess if you look at charts or whatever it's equivalent of #45 for Brown. Pretty nice deal for the chiefs assuming they resign him. 

Well, Then.  That answers at least one of the questions "what, exactly, does KC intend to do about its OL?"

1 hour ago, nucci said:

they lost both starting tackles so it makes sense

Cut.  Not lost, Cut.