Orlando Brown traded to the Chiefs for 1st Rd Pick

5 minutes ago, colin said:

odd trade.  anyone know the value of the pick exchange?

kc gets brown, drops 27 spots, and then a smattering of picks get sent away and an odd later round swap in 2022

On the draftek value chart by my maths it’s around 450 point net gain for the Ravens which equates to pick 45... 

Make of that what you will 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, WMDman said:

Brown wanted to play LT get paid like an LT

I mean let's be real.

But yeah trading him to a team that's most definitely in your way for a cheap one-year rental seems odd.

This is a good trade for both sides. KC will not have a lot of capital left to address their defense, and they do have serious needs at CB, edge rusher, and LB. But anyone who watched the Super Bowl knows protecting Mahomes is the priority. Bills need to be prepared to just outscore them next year if we want to compete.

• Like (+1) 1

It's a bold move by two successful franchises.  KCs window is now.  Mahomes is in his prime and the rest of the team is strong enough to 1) win the SB in 19-20, and 2) win the AFC and get to the SB in 20-21, so why not trade futures for present?  It makes all the sense in the world.  I'm guessing Baltimore is looking more long-term and seeing that they won't be able to fit Brown under the cap after the season, so they picked up some reasonable draft capital.  I didn't know that Brown was disgruntled, but I'll go with the post above that says so, and this makes the deal even more sensible for Baltimore.

The Bills are also a successful franchise (these days) and need to keep making moves to keep up with the competition.

Edited by msw2112
  • Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, JimKellyTryouts said:

Groan 

I'm surprised the Ravens couldn't have gotten a better haul, and that they willingly traded a pro bowl OT to KC of all teams, a direct competitor for this conference 

Odds are he'll get an extension, too - Pat went from getting demolished in the SB to now having Thuney and Brown on his line...

he is disgruntled and a UFA after this season. To roughly get a mid second rounder for him is a steal.

Just now, IgotBILLStopay said:

he is disgruntled and a UFA after this season. To roughly get a mid second rounder for him is a steal.

He was disgruntled because he wanted to continue playing LT instead of going back to right with Stanley healthy - that was the basis of this trade request. Schefter also mentioned they're going to start negotiating an extension. Similar trade-and-extend deals have happened before: Frank Clark with KC, Dee Ford leaving them to sf, Buckner going from sf to ind, etc. 

I think Baltimore did great in this move as likely can draft a quality RT with one of their now two 1st Rounders and help shore up other needs like pass rusher, WR etc. They might be able to trade down from 31 and reacquire the 2nd they lost and get even more picks this year too. 

Edited by The Jokeman

Bills have a nice, well rounded roster. But the chiefs have so much more elite talent. 

We are really going to need young guys like Edmunds, Oliver, Knox etc to start breaking out. Josh obviously needs to keep it up. Davis showed a lot of potential, hopefully he can be a playmaker for us going forward. 

Gona need to nail this draft as well.

• Like (+1) 8
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Is it me or did the Ravens get fleeced in this?  Look at what the Dolphins got for Tunsil.  A #45 overall isn’t much to me and they have to replace him.  

I also don’t know why you trade him to the Chiefs, your playoff competition.  

I’m curious to see if the Chiefs are able to re-sign him. He wants top money for a LT

• Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 3

18 minutes ago, WMDman said:

Brown wanted to play LT but the ravens already paid Ronnie Stanley still don’t know why they would trade him to the chiefs tho

He wanted to get PAID as a LT.  He’s a “me” guy

8 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

I think Baltimore did great in this move as likely can draft a quality RT with one of their now two 1st Rounders and help shore up other needs like pass rusher, WR etc. They might be able to trade down from 31 and reacquire the 2nd they lost and get even more picks this year too. 

How is that a great deal if they walk away with a #45 overall value pick and have to use it just to replace the guy?  The odds off getting a Tackle of his quality with that is slim.  

I think they got fleeced and did it to a playoff rival

KC basically gave up a 1st and 3rd for Brown and the Ravens 2nd, sensible trade for both. KC still gets to pick twice in the back end of the second likely selecting an offensive linemen with one of those picks to further bolster the Oline. Ravens get a nice haul of picks for a player they couldn’t have resigned. 

Not that drastic of a move as the Chiefs lost both OT’s to start free agency but they knew that had to reconfigure that Oline.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Process said:

Bills have a nice, well rounded roster. But the chiefs have so much more elite talent. 

We are really going to need young guys like Edmunds, Oliver, Knox etc to start breaking out. Josh obviously needs to keep it up. Davis showed a lot of potential, hopefully he can be a playmaker for us going forward. 

Gona need to nail this draft as well.

Facts. We need more elite playmakers. The good thing is beane and mcd realize it