Best Canadian Rock Bands/Artists

Gugny

Let's not forget Anne Murray! 

On a more serious note, #1 for me is RUSH and they are about 10,000 slots better than whoever you have on your list at number 2.

People will be listening to, commenting on, and enjoying Rush's music forever.

PS:  Give a shout out to "INWARD EYE" who wrote the song "VANCOUVER WOH-OH-OH-OH" from the recent Vancouver olympic games.

That was one of the better mindless energy songs of that type I have ever heard.

Great energy and momentum and it was very easy for the crowd to sing along and get into it.  

It is a sin that the song was not adopted as the goal song by the Vancouver Canucks!  

• Thank you (+1) 1

Neil Young, Rush and The Band are the only good music I know is from our friendly northern neighbors.   Poutine and Canadian bacon are their culinary contributions.  Pretty bleak on both fronts.  Thank you for hockey and  🥌 

now go learn rock and roll and cooking

On 4/23/2021 at 12:26 PM, DrDawkinstein said:

For all-time best, it's tough to argue against Neil Young and Rush (although I'm not much of a Rush fan, I still get it).

The Tragically Hip will always be up there for me.

For some lesser known greats from the 90s:

The Tea Party

Odds

Our Lady Peace

Glueleg

I Mother Earth

Moist

The Headstones

The Tea Party being the best of the bunch. They were like a grungy Zeppelin. Some classic early-90s styles here...

Splendor Solis was a revelation, Zeppelin fronted by Jim Morrison.

lucky for Hugh Dillon he is better at acting than either singing or catching his own spit but he was decent at both.

Going a direction other than “best” IMO, some underrated and underexposed bands of the time period were 54.40, hHead, Chixdiggit and particularly 13 Engines, I still spin this disc at times. Great poppy grunge of that era that should have gotten more well known, and not a clunker on the disc. Stands the test of time. Would be on my list of top-10 or so albums from GWN. It’s like if Bush wasn’t as annoying and derivative.

Edited by Ralonzo
  • Like (+1) 1

On 4/29/2021 at 8:11 PM, Ralonzo said:

Going a direction other than “best” IMO, some underrated and underexposed bands of the time period were 54.40

There is a funny story online of 5440 opening for Hootie and the Blowfish where 5440 played "I go Blind" and Hootie's road manager almost kicked 5440 off the stage for covering a Hootie song in their set. He had no idea Hootie had covered the song from them.....

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.