Diggs' Mercedes

4 hours ago, BuffaloBob said:

These guys find it difficult to let go of the hangers on.  I don't doubt that Diggs had nothing directly to do with the car being left there.  But I do doubt that the idiot who he let drive it abandoned it because of a flat tire.

It's possible.  Changing the tire on a G Wagon is a way more involved than a Camry, for example.

Lugs are a bish to loosen on a truck.

Maybe he got new glasses and realized he spent >100K on something that looks like a motorized stage coach without horses so he waved his arm while telling one of his entourage "Out of my sight with this monstrosity."

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Solomon Grundy said:

I have. You ever had to wait for AAA? Left keys under floor mat, had car towed to repair shop

Yep, I've never abandoned my car but my family used to swear by AAA.  Waited 2 hours one time, talked to the tow truck driver and he said AAA pays at a discount and often takes a good 90 days to get it so they put AAA calls last on the priority list.  The few times I've needed a tow, I come out ahead just paying the guy on the spot instead of yearly AAA.  And they get there within 30 minutes!

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

This seems like some folks making a mountain out of absolutely nothing.

Who cares why it was abandoned? No laws have been broken. Diggs can afford it, even if he had to replace the entire truck.

There's literally nothing else to talk about, other than the 567th mock draft that just came out.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Tuel Time said:

Bold. I would never do that.

EDIT: I will say AAA in NY is far slower than AAA in FL.

When my car broke down while driving on the highway the tow company recommended leaving the vehicle with the keys inside. 

What's the worst that could happen? Someone tries to steal your vehicle that literally cannot move without a tow truck? 

47 minutes ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

When my car broke down while driving on the highway the tow company recommended leaving the vehicle with the keys inside. 

What's the worst that could happen? Someone tries to steal your vehicle that literally cannot move without a tow truck? 

Yeah, And it depends on what is wrong too. But yeah, that would be bad if someone stole my car. It's pretty easy to tow a car.

To each his own but I would never leave my car anywhere with the keys in it.

What if someone decided to take a ***** in it?

Edited by Tuel Time

1 hour ago, Tuel Time said:

Yeah, And it depends on what is wrong too. But yeah, that would be bad if someone stole my car. It's pretty easy to tow a car.

To each his own but I would never leave my car anywhere with the keys in it.

What if someone decided to take a ***** in it?

In 1977 I was traveling across the country and stopped in Chicago for a day.  I went to a Cubs game with my car packed with most of my belongings and parked at a church near Wrigley.  I came back & they told me the keys were under the floor mat. I would have never have left it there if I knew what they would do with the keys.  I guess they figured nobody would harm a car parked at their church.  The car had no seat on the passenger side & the floor was reconstructed with wood & tin, so I guess they also thought my car was the last one anyone would take.  

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

Someone opens the door, takes a dump on the back seat, smears crap all over the upholstery, pops the hood and slices up the engine hoses, and your insurance company won't pay because you failed to secure the vehicle?

I just learned something about myself - I think of myself as PollyAnna, always thinking the best of people.  I just learned I have a pessimistic side.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

In 1977 I was traveling across the country and stopped in Chicago for a day.  I went to a Cubs game with my car packed with most of my belongings and parked at a church near Wrigley.  I came back & they told me the keys were under the floor mat. I would have never have left it there if I knew what they would do with the keys.  I guess they figured nobody would harm a car parked at their church.  The car had no seat on the passenger side & the floor was reconstructed with wood & tin, so I guess they also thought my car was the last one anyone would take.  

***** exactly!

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Someone opens the door, takes a dump on the back seat, smears crap all over the upholstery, pops the hood and slices up the engine hoses, and your insurance company won't pay because you failed to secure the vehicle?

I just learned something about myself - I think of myself as PollyAnna, always thinking the best of people.  I just learned I have a pessimistic side.

Anyone should know that if you do that they'll find your DNA & lock you up.

Sent from my prison cell.  

• Haha (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Dark, but I respect the thought process. If shite can happen, it will.

13 hours ago, jethro_tull said:

this reminds me of an incident that happened to the bear's lance briggs several years ago.  he crashed his lamborghini into an expressway light pole late sat night and left it there, never reporting the accident.  

he was charged with leaving the scene of an accident, much better than the alternative !  

Yep, I have seen that scenario play out many times.  Better to take that ticket than the UI charge.

11 minutes ago, Billschinatown said:

Brandon Spikes did the same thing in Miami when he played for the bills; just ran from the car and went home LOL 

About 20 years ago a neighbor of mine crashed his car while drunk. Assuming someone witnessed the crash and called the police, he left it there and walked to the nearest bar for the express purpose of doing as many shots as he could while loudly bemoaning the fact he crashed his car. He figured it would be hard to prove when he had actually consumed the alcohol if people witnessed him pounding enough shots. Pretty ballsy, and pretty stupid, but as far as I know it worked. Either that or no one in the small town actually gave a **** enough to call the police. 🤷‍♂️

Edited by transient
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1