Recommended way of getting tickets this year

Hey I'm stuck in NFC East land, but long time Bills fan, ex season ticket holder (Bledsoe years) , need to figure out how to get the geographically spread out family to a Sept/Oct game this year.   I've done Stubhub, etc. but its is so expensive, etc.  Any advice?   Will the "Bills Tickets and Gear" community page here be useful?   

Just trying to get ahead of this b4 the schedule comes out in a couple weeks.   Thanks all.   

Really looking forward to getting back to a facility I pretty much grew up in.  Will be missing the "octopus" and other banned "features" of tailgating, but I am sure tailgating will be at least some shadow of what I remember.  

Thanks all.  

18 minutes ago, ProcessTruster said:

Hey I'm stuck in NFC East land, but long time Bills fan, ex season ticket holder (Bledsoe years) , need to figure out how to get the geographically spread out family to a Sept/Oct game this year.   I've done Stubhub, etc. but its is so expensive, etc.  Any advice?   Will the "Bills Tickets and Gear" community page here be useful?   

Just trying to get ahead of this b4 the schedule comes out in a couple weeks.   Thanks all.   

Really looking forward to getting back to a facility I pretty much grew up in.  Will be missing the "octopus" and other banned "features" of tailgating, but I am sure tailgating will be at least some shadow of what I remember.  

Thanks all.  

Get everybody vaccinated, wait until the Canadian STH can't come because of border closures, and work StubHub or NFL exchange.  That's about it.  I called about adding STs back in February and they had singles and maybe two sets of three in the entire stadium.  They're just about maxed out. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SectionC3 said:

Get everybody vaccinated, wait until the Canadian STH can't come because of border closures, and work StubHub or NFL exchange.  That's about it.  I called about adding STs back in February and they had singles and maybe two sets of three in the entire stadium.  They're just about maxed out. 

Yup.. I'm one of those Canadians....   I was feeling 'good' in January.  But at this point, I'm guessing you're going to have many options with us Canadians holding seasons.

If the stadium is at full capacity, you can usually find some tickets when they put them on sale.  If not the secondary market is going to be very expensive.  2 years ago I wanted to go to the Eagles game & sit in a good seat.  The secondary market was so outrageous, I ended up buying a club seat from the team for over $300 and that was the season before the Bills ended up in the AFC championship game.  

2 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

If the stadium is at full capacity, you can usually find some tickets when they put them on sale.  If not the secondary market is going to be very expensive.  2 years ago I wanted to go to the Eagles game & sit in a good seat.  The secondary market was so outrageous, I ended up buying a club seat from the team for over $300 and that was the season before the Bills ended up in the AFC championship game.  

Less expensive season ticket price for club seats are now $1,895.00. Just a little info.  Do not know the cost of 1 seat for a game.

• Like (+1) 1

Just buy off of the secondary market (Stubhub, etc) the night before or the morning of the game.  Prices always drop because people want to make sure their tickets sell.  Plus it usually is cheaper than a ticket directly from the team because a lot of season ticket holders are selling who cant make the game.  Their per game price is cheaper then a single game ticket.  Ive gotten some pretty good deals doing this for Bills games and other sports.

41 minutes ago, BillsCuse said:

Just buy off of the secondary market (Stubhub, etc) the night before or the morning of the game.  Prices always drop because people want to make sure their tickets sell.  Plus it usually is cheaper than a ticket directly from the team because a lot of season ticket holders are selling who cant make the game.  Their per game price is cheaper then a single game ticket.  Ive gotten some pretty good deals doing this for Bills games and other sports.

Ok got it.   So night before is probably the way to get the best deal, yep.   If all else fails , do the tailgate (do you need to show your ticket to get into the lot???) and then go to the Big Tree and watch it there???  

13 minutes ago, ProcessTruster said:

Ok got it.   So night before is probably the way to get the best deal, yep.   If all else fails , do the tailgate (do you need to show your ticket to get into the lot???) and then go to the Big Tree and watch it there???  

Yeah, just start looking into prices/seats the week of the game.  If you look months ahead they are going to be way higher.  Everyone highballs at first, then they drastically drop.  Theres private lots all over the place that you dont need a ticket for.  You just need to pay to park.  Who knows what the covid rules will be, but by the time the fall gets here, everyone will be vaccinated who wants to be.  

12 hours ago, ProcessTruster said:

My theory is that I spend a fortune on airfare, car rentals, hotels, meals, etc. Spending for the tix is one more drop in the bucket. Stubhub fees piss me off, but I pay.  You can probably do better financially being patient. 

I used to get the best seats possible figuring I usually only do one home game a year, so why not splurge? I learned a couple years ago sitting with a buddy that the upper bowl has great views! In all my years, it was my first time up there. Those people who brag about the sight lines are 100% correct. There are no bad seats! 

If I am going to the trouble  and spending the money to GET there, I’m going to be sure I’m inside to see it in person. But hey, just my view on things. 

No ticket needed to tailgate, but don’t show up empty handed. As an out of towner I’m a mooch as I fly in and stay in a hotel. I buy a small disposable cooler and take something. Best to have a plan rather than just show up and beg. 

Hope you make it and have the time of your life! 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 2